Seleção General Discussion, 2016-17 - Era Tite [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Um.....

May need to change that sig line, no?

2. Romario1

Romario1 Member

Jul 19, 2014
    ^Lol anyway its not as idiotic as the cbf hiring Dunga in 2006 (and 2014). At least RC has coaching experience and is technically qualified. Plus he would bring in Cafu and leonardo as part of his coaching team.

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I will keep it for his next stint.

4. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    First Diego Costa and now this Eder guy. Good grief, Brazil's striker issue stems from the fact the promising young guys all play for other nations.

5. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Promising young guys??? Eder is not that good and is already 29!!! I'd be mad at losing Diego Costa (even if he's not at the Euros, although that's through injuries). But the fact that Italy is playing Eder shows just how bare their cupboard is, not that you've made a mistake.

Mengão86 repped this.
  6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    [QUOTE="notredameflamengo, post: 34182089, member: 60969

I havent been following this thread lately, but do you guys actually think this squad is any good? I'm not speaking in reference to Brasil's past. I'm actually comparing this squad to other mediocre squads in these 2 tourneys. The players just aren't there. With the exception of Neymar, no one has been playing well in Europe compared to years past. The brasileirao became shit in the past 3-4 years, and now there are starters (multiple) playing in China and places like the ME and Ukraine.

I know people have been calling for this since the World Cup, but there needs to be a revamp to the whole system, including the youth teams, and to somehow try to get the clubs involved in this. First Order should be to clear out the current CBF dirigentes.

Tuesday at 3:27 PMReport
    Rep
    .[/QUOTE]
    I couldn't copy @NotreDameFlamengo post due to the thread being closed but I have to respond. I think you are being harsh, let's look at some facts. Attendances are up in Brazil wasn't that one of your pet peeves? This invention of 11 am Sunday matches combined with earlier Saturday matches have been great for fans and the lg as a whole and the attendance numbers back it
    Up. If the brasileirao is such shiit now why are more Brazilians watching it than ever? Just from my own browsing globoesporte and other sites, you can even tell people are watching more matches especially of different teams , thanks to cartola. And the Globo domination of the lg is slowly coming to an end , esporte interactivo has won the rights of matches for some serie a teams for future years. And when has the lg not lost domestic talent early ? The quality isn't what it was in the Lucas moura and Neymar days, sure but I think we have seen some healthy developments in the last year when looking at tactics and how teams are approaching games. I mean in that glory era you were talking about there were far less goals with far less high pressing and higher lines than we are seeing now.

7. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    None of them are young. Costa issue has been beat to death but Eder isn't that good.

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    celito repped this.
  9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    First question ... Welcome Tite we wish you good luck, why are you a hypocrite ? :ROFLMAO:

Was wondering how long it was going to take for somebody to ask that question.

MerlinRM repped this.
  10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Gostei da resposta dele ao jornalista gaúcho todo orgulhoso de mais um técnico gaucho. kkkkk ... tomou no cú

11. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was hoping someone would ask Del Nero that. I haven't seen the full press conference yet but I laughed when I saw the 2 hug. If CBF's backs weren't pressed against the wall right now, I doubt the guy who signed a petition to have Del Nero removed would have been hired.

Anyway, I'm glad its finally official. Also read that Tite didn't guarantee Neymar staying captain. Good from him. Its was a farce anyway but I don't know of anyone else should have it on that squad who will be a starter besides Alves. And as much as I hate to admit it, he might be the best choice at the moment.

12. Romario1

Romario1 Member

Jul 19, 2014
    So basically with tite will put in the 4 1 4 1 formation?

13. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And Elias will most likely find his way in it!!

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes, more than likely.

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Elias is out for 2-3 months with an injury.

16. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Tite really doesn't like Neymar. It has developed into something personal over the years IMO. I think it's an issue.

17. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #42 Emperor Adriano, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He's got to be smart enough to know that his success hinges on whether Neymar can produce under him. And one of factors to that is putting any differences aside and working together. It's been a few years since those incidents occurred, so hopefully it's water under the bridge at this point.

19. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I hope this don't turn out like Luxemburgo vs Romario back in '98!!

20. Romario1

Romario1 Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Personally I don't see the importance of winning a tournament. At the end you get a tin whale in a bathtub trophy which is a waste of material imo.

EVERYONE remembers and loves tele santana 1982 team. This is the real victory! Who the hell remembers the Italian team? NO ONE.

Tite should put in an offensive team like micale will for the Olympics.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That only works if you have the talent to do so. Plus, football has changed in a way that I am not sure we can see such free football again.

22. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Are you a Spurs fan?

Thegreatwar repped this.
  23. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I want trophies.

24. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    With the exception of Zagalo's Copa and Confed Cups '97, the other 9 titles we won from Copa'89-Confed'13 have been won by pragmatic coaches!!

25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Tite will be in the stands today watching the game and checking out Colombia for the upcoming WCQ match.