Seleção General Discussion, 2015-16 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Plenty. Especially when Negueba is in possession of the ball. He's slower than his straight line sprint speed. Fagner even passes him and slows down for no reason.

2-0 lead? That goal made it 1-0 at the end of the first half.

2. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    [QUOTE="Pandore", post: 34158506, member: 2460]

But ok, he can be the one professional player in the world who deliberately gets himself sanctioned in order to avoid a tough match. That's a fair criticism of him based on actual facts. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

If he deliberately avoided the the shootout, why is it such a big stretch that he would find a way To dodge semi final? In any case, he did skip the shootout and that is enough. Couldnt even beat to watch it, what kind of leader is this?

Regarding the Yellow Thiago saw the keeper was in his way. His either very, very stupid, or forced his suspension. Im going with the latter. Either way he isnt cut out to be captain.

[​IMG]

3. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Name some! Negueba is fast man

4. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ok sure, I guess in addition to being a phenomenal player, he can also predict the future and knew you'd concede 7 goals.

5. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I don't think he thought ahead but it was an incredibly stupid yellow to receive when he was a booking away from suspension. Thiago did not display good leadership skills at all during the World Cup. The pressure really got to him.

samuel_clemens repped this.
  6. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    It's in bad form because of the constant switches. The symptom is not what you need to treat.

The root of the problem needs to be addressed. If we had a more serious team we would give support to our players after the cup and not only have 3 players from 2014

7. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    I agree, but he still played well. No reason for him to not be playing

8. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    I taje it you know Dunga has been dismissed?

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Who's your first choice?

10. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    #1660 Denilson70, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    Tite is on his way to RJ to meet CBF. Should have got it in 2014 on basis of his CV.

11. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He did somethings at Internacional in 2009 but most of his success came after 2010.

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He could have probably stayed in Europe and still guarantee his future (and for his family). It shows he is only worried about money and not developing his game. To say he was crucified after the WC is BS. Fred, Scolari, Hulk were the most crucified figures from that team. Paulinho didn't even play in the 7 x 1, so he saved himself the embarrassment. You could have chalked his performance up on his situation at Tot.

Many of the criticized players from that team were called up the WC. David Luiz, Marcelo, Fernandinho, Hulk, Thiago Silva, Dani Alves, Oscar were all called by Dunga. Difference is those guys were playing. Paulinho was warming the Tot bench. He took too long to sort out his situation and when he did, he went to China therefore becoming irrelevant. He had as fair shot as any of the others to come back.

13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  14. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    I corrected my post to read 2014.

15. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    There are very few injustices out there - players who people think should d be in that have been overlooked.

16. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    He was warming the bench during the confed cup too.

And yes I agree with his decision to take more money instead of taking less to "develop".

You wouldn't do the same thing?... you would take less money at your job in order to receive more praise... instead of making 2x as much..

Cause I would say everyone here would take the money at their jobs instead of praise.

Oh look I'm google's top employee... oh nice nice... I make twice as much as you for weibo...

Sorry I don't blame him for taking more money at his JOB!

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Although I am not a Dunga supporter, it's funny he gets sacked after a competition that wasn't supposed to happen, without it's main player and another one that was supposed to make an impact based on club form (Douglas Costa).

It was a surprise that CBF appointed him after 2014 given how they parted ways in 2010. Dunga was "fired" mid-flight while Ricardo Teixeira burned him on Globo right after our elimination. It's no surprised however that Dunga took the job. He did a good the first time around amid lots of criticism and in his mind, he could rewrite his history as a coach just like he did as a player from 90 to 94. No question he felt bad luck kept him from at least reaching the WC Final and a title shot.

He took the job saying he had fixed/changed some of his personality traits, and maybe he did (backstage), but in interviews, I saw the same Dunga, giving ironic and defiant answers to questions of reporters. From a tactical point of view, nobody can say he didn't try to change things up compared to his first stint. He didn't setup the team to be a defensive and counter attacking as many may had feared. I don't think the team played some of these games particularly bad, but there is definitely something missing. One of the places he failed again (in the opinion of many) was to control the temper of it's most important player. And that arguably cost us an early elimination last year. Although, one can say Neymar behaves in a very similar way with Barcelona. So can we really blame Dunga for Neymar's anger issues ? At some point the blame also goes to the player.

I don't know if Dunga would have gotten the plot right, we are very tough, critical and often unfair on our coaches, but I am looking forward for something new.

samuel_clemens and MerlinRM repped this.
  18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It depends on the amount. If it was in between $2 million and playing in Europe and $4 million and playing in China in my prime, I will play in Europe if I think I can play in a top league.

19. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    About time for some balance - so a welcome post. I doubt if there is a more critical nation of its football team than Brazil. I am afraid that Dunga's traits still seemed to be there nothwithstanding he was told to soften with the press when he was appointed again. His bizarre nose gesture to the Argentinian bench was just unbecomingg of a national team manager. Consequently because the press are not his biggest fsbs there is no way he is ever going to enjoy the benefit of doubt when results are ordinary or bad. If Gilmar Rinaldi was not at the CBF in 2014 Dungs would have not even have been under considerstion let alone get it.

Tite was the real candidate in 2014 and it was an injustice he did not get it. I see a future of very few changes in personnel immediately but you will see a tecnico with a different relationship with the press with the result that the ambience will be better and greater patience is forthcoming when results are not great.

I think his loyalty will be tested re Elias for example. He has been poor for a while now and anyone but him at the end x Peru would probably converted that chance. Hopefully we won't see the grudges with players Dunga was so good at!

Boa sorte to him - and I hope he takes us to a 6th World Cup triumph.

20. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I guess my impeach Dunga idea was followed!

21. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Tite is in Rio and the CBF site is down.

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #1672 Mengão86, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    CBF does things backwards. You know he wasn't fired because of this tournament. They tried to fire him earlier but couldn't because Tite still had Corinthians in the Libertadores and they did not have a Plan B. This simply bought them time and gave them even more of an excuse to fire him, especially now that Tite is "free."

MatthausSammer, MerlinRM and celito repped this.
  23. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Its funny. Elias has been so bad during his time with the NT that the best thing he has done is a missed chance that if he scored saves Dunga job for another round and possibly the tournament and it was Dunga blind faith in him as a player that kept him in that position when a better player probably finishes that chance.

[​IMG]

24. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    You be playing on a top league in order to get that big contract... he already had a big contract

25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Good point. I keep forgetting about different variables.