Seleção 2014 - Preparation till the Cup [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who is Brazil's biggest threat in the WC?

Poll closed Apr 4, 2014.
  1. Argentina

11.8%
  2. Germany

50.0%
  3. Spain

8.8%
  4. Italy

5.9%
  5. Netherlands

5.9%
  6. Other (please state)

17.6%
  1. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I'm not worried about Fred yet. Fred seems to be the type that as soon as he scores one, he builds a momentum from that and continues to score.

2. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Also not that worried of Fred, but what worries me is maybe is in an off night in a crucial game? Maybe he gets hurt? We have nobody to sub for him except Jo. I would have preferred taking Luiz Fabiano or Diego Tardeli - just as a back up...just in case,,,hell even Robinho.

3. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Same here loso has been in pretty good form and Tardelli has been really good since he moved back to brazil besides the last 2 months.

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Walter anyone? You could argue that he is the most dangerous finisher we have available.....

5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea if it was up to me i'd take him. No one takes him seriously because of his weight unfortunately. I thought he lost a good amount with Flu at least.

6. Jiripoca

Jiripoca Member

Jul 16, 2013
    London - Sao Paulo - Peruibe
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yep I`d have no problem with fatty if he can deliver the goods!

7. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Walter lost tons of weight and is now the Xodo da torcida do Flu. Good choice, a master finisher.

8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yep. His finishing is probably the best we have.

9. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I dont know why ppl are fixated with Walter's weight.. The guys is supremely skilled, move really well without the ball, is good finisher in top form at the moment.. but the icing on the cake is his free kick ability is bar none..

He should have made it to the side as a striker and so should have Robinho as a super sub when we need offense..

IMO Ramires and Bernard just dont fit into this side.

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Whatever happens with the striker situation, can't blame Scolari too much as he had very limited time to work things out. Team looked good in the CC, so it's not a bad plan to stick with that core and work on giving them confidence. The only real screw up in the front was letting Diego Costa slip through although right now that's looking like a blessing in disguise. Robinho would have been nice. But we all he also has his own deficiencies.

The one thing I thought could have really helped this team was a path to the Final that was a little easier. The way it looks right now, we might have to basically play 4 Finals to win the Hexa.

Beautiful Game 2010 repped this.
  11. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The round of 16 Netherlands or Spain is going to be a bitch.

12. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    you bet.

13. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    He scored one against Serbia. Hope you're right because we are screwed if we have to put Tardelli there.

14. Dribble&Trix

Dribble&Trix Member

Apr 14, 2005
    I don't know why people are talking
    so much about Diego Tardelli,
    he is not that good.
    And Walter, he's a good player, strong and difficult format
    to take the ball from, has a fierce shot but otherwise his finishing is not that clinical.
    Robinho has the experience but has not been good for many years.
    But sure Jo is not that good competition...
    and they have not many to pick from
    so cannot blame them much besides
    messing it up with Diego Costa...

15. KluivertsBoots

Jun 16, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The lack of creative inspiration in the midfield is what has stood out to me in the friendlies. Oscar is a shell of what he was at this time a year ago. Totally invisible. Paulinho and Luiz Gustavo offer nothing going forward. I'd like to see a more dynamic tandem.

Willian looks like the man to take forward as the play making partner with Neymar.

16. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I doubt willian will replace oscar. Hernanes is going to get the shot and seems to be in better form than oscar. Scolari was seeing what he can get from willian as a super sub and I don't think it was much to write abiut

17. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    If things don't improve I can see Hernanes and Fernandinho starting giving the midfield a little bit more creativity.

18. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Paulinho and Luiz gustavo had good games. I dont see them giving up spots.. I think Dani Alves might get dropped at some point for maicon.

19. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I said by game 3 Maicon will be the permanent starter.

20. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    http://copadomundo.uol.com.br/notic...ior-tempo-durante-copa-para-reparar-erros.htm

The team is off until Sunday when they return to Granja Comary.

Then Felipão will have his longest stretch of consecutive practices with them.

I am worried about Oscar, he's making me feel like I did in 1994 about Raí. Everyone was hoping to see Raí return to his form of the previous year but it never happened and eventually he was replaced by Mazinho. I hope Scolari has what it takes to get Oscar going. While Willian is doing great, and we can win with him, it will be even better to have him as an option.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So marcacao e armacao de jogadas ... basically everything !!!

22. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I think if Spain beats the Dutch in the first game, Chile goes through.

23. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Willian coming into both games was what made Brazil better, so I don't know - particularly against Panama.

Hernanes isn't a starter and is best used as a sub if we want to pack the midfield.

I really think Willian will become a starter at some point. Oscar is looking like Raí in 94.

Admittedly I'm still fine with Oscar starting for now. I think really the only changes I want are Maicon and Fernandinho starting.

24. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Wilian does not look like a starter to me. At best a energy guy off the bench for hulk if he has a bad game. The panama game was all neymar creating for his teammates. Willian did finish well on the goal but I don't expect that as a norm based on his play for chelsea.

Fernandino looked horrible in defense while contributing very little on offense. All he did was take long shots. I don't see him starting based on hsi showing so far.

25. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I still think there isn't much to take from the friendlies considering the first game is next week. I haven't seen one national team look impressive in these warm-up games especially with the way players having been dropping like flies.