Seleção 2014-15: Dunga II Begins -- Post Cup, Pre Qualifiers [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Guigs, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who would be the ideal choice as new Seleção manager?

Poll closed Aug 13, 2014.
  1. Felipão

9.1%
  2. Muricy

6.1%
  3. Tite

18.2%
  4. Luxemburgo

9.1%
  5. Guardiola

24.2%
  6. Other Foreign Manager

21.2%
  7. Other Domestic Manager

12.1%
  1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I like Rafael's potential. It was such a shame to see him go down before the Olympics as he was in fine form.

He started off this season well at Napoli. Then around the mid point, he started accumulating costly mistakes. He was only going to be the third GK anyways. He didn't deserve it and needs to focus on getting better at his craft. He's still young and I believe he will be a regular fixture in the coming years for us.

Bakaman repped this.
  2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Marcelo grohe is ass

3. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    People po-pooed Damiao for the longest time, but even when he was being horrible at Santos I thought he was a good player being mis-used.

He's not going to create his scoring chances, but he will participate on most of your team's scoring. He's an amazing system player, if you know how to utilize him he can get you 30 goals a season. Dunga is a system player (himself) so he understands how to use players to fulfill their roles for his team, like Tite.

I think Damiao has a future at the selecao still.

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Great system player ... 39 goals in 124 Brasileirao games. I guess he has yet to find a system good enough for his talent ... :rolleyes:

His system is called Campeonato Estadual ... 53 goals in 74 games.

samuel_clemens and Emperor Adriano repped this.
  5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thanks for taking the bait, it was hard for me to resist.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :ROFLMAO: I'm sure this one hit close to home....

I have to tip my hat off to Damiao. He's actually is one of the few players that fooled me. When he was in very good form a few years back at Inter, he scored this vs Fla:

From that point on, I thought he would be legit.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think we all did at some point. Looked promising for 2014. But he just completely faded. I remember all the easy goals he missed in the Olympics and those friendlies. Probably messed with his confidence. Some players are prepared for that kind of pressure and not wilt because of a few bad games. Others just fade ...

If he regains his form and proves us wrong, I wouldn't be against having him come back. The position is wide open. Firmino e' a ficha da vez ...

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Confidence certainly seems like one of the issues. But on the other hand, you usually don't see "technical" skill fade away. He hasn't demonstrated the same sort of skill he had during that magnificent run of form years ago. That's what had me fooled the most about him. He had size, decent speed and displayed good technical ability. After those initial calls with the NT, he reverted to a cone. It's been years since then and he hasn't done anything other than score a bunch in this year's Estadual.

P.S: I'll never forgive him for tying that game vs us in POA. It had been a million years since we won a game in POA and we were playing so well that day.....:mad:

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Diego Alves foi promovido para " o Deus dos Penaltis" ja' que agora pegou 2 PKs do Ronaldo impostor que se achava o Deus dos Penaltis mas treme na frente do verdadeiro Deus.

Plano tatico de Dunga para a fase eliminatoria da Copa America:

1 - Retranca total cometendo 30+ faltas por jogo para segurar o 0 x 0.
    2 - Vitoria garantida nas disputa de penaltis com Diego Alves no gol *

* Os outros 10 trouxas batendo penalti tem que pelo menos marcar uns 3 golzinhos pra garantir a vitoria. Se for que nem aquela putaria de penalti perdido como em 2011, nem o Deus Diego Alves salva.

10. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was fooled on Damiao bad too, i don't think he is as bad as people were saying he was at Santos but he was pretty bad. It would be nice if guigs said this last year when but now it feels like trolling especially after the lack of common courtesy to admit Diego silva and Felipe Bastos are trash.

11. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    #2611 Kaka10725, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
    Ganso would be useful for us if he wasn't so lethargic and lazy most of the time.

Seeing Damiao name lets me know what Dunga really thought of Luiz Adriano performance.

btw, Dunga is going to coach the U-23 Olympic team again? Will be interesting to see how handles that cause the U-23 team plays friendlies sometime around the same time as the senior team.

12. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah Dunga is going for round 2 next year at Rio'16!! Neymar already said he wants to be on that team!! The other 2 overage players should be David Luiz and Firmino!!

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pelo menos não vai ter a avenida entregando o ouro igual 2011.

14. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I really want to see Rafinha break into the team soon.(Barça)

15. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    He's not going to create his scoring chances, but he will participate on most of your team's scoring

read this part again.

In the Olympics he was our top GS and participated in more goals than other players. Yet you guys are so biased against him already that I've even saw people being surprised that he was the tournament's top scorer.

I actually think it was you that when I mentioned he was the top scorer of the olympics last time replied with.. no way he scored that many goals... maybe it was mengao

Either way it's sad that once again a coach doing a serious job gets fired in order for agenda pushers like Gilmar so CBF can pick players they want to auction off for the selecao.

Even worse that Dunga didn't want to work with Gallo at all during their time together and wanted to keep the base separate. He picked up the U-teams and built them up from scratch, was implementing a system and had already a whole infrastructure setup. To fire this guy shows the lack of planning and commitment brazilians have.

20 days for a new coach to come in and prepare a team for a U-World Cup... 20 days for a new coach to have his players forget 2 years of a system being taught to them and start playing his new system...

******** CBF... time for that cartel to go down.

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If I remember right it was a bunch of gimmes. If that's what you call a great system striker, OK. But there are tons of them out there.

17. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Just no credit uh?

18. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    You know what I just noticed.. I was talking to my cousins over the games tonight, and their reaction towards Tite to me was just incredible, BUT it made me realize that sometimes I forget that even though I am posting in english I am talking to brazilians most of the time here.

What I mean by that is that you guys change your opinions and the assessment of players etc based on current form and results due to that form.

So for example:

Tite has Corinthians playing the exact same boring way he did in 2011-2012 when he won everything. Corinthians has played that way in 2013 also under Tite but all Corinthianos said he needs to go because the team is not doing well. Then he comes back team is doing well and everyone is happy.. Loses Paulista, gets knocked off libertadores and now everyone is saying how the team is not cohesive and how he cannot organize a team.

So that's the brazilian way of viewing things.

Let me explain my way of viewing things to see if you guys understand.

If I have a dollar... and I buy 1 dollar worth of candy I expect to have 1 dollar worth of candy. If at that point i'm REALLY hungry that snickers bar might taste like the best chocolate bar you've had in a while. So next time you spend another dollar you get really pissed off that whole and behold it's a 1 dollar snickers bar.

You get what you paid for, your experience might change because of your expectations are different, but you get what you paid for.

So... let's translate this into Football now.

You guys have a tendency of watching an avg player (dollar snicker's bar) that meets your expectation (team is doing well), then you guys make him out to be a above avg player (best chocolate bar ever), only to have your dreams crushed when you find out he's just and avg player he's always been (dollar snicker bar) and then go ahead and say that he's not worth even 1 dollar.

You guys do it to coaches and players. It's insane!

Like the Tite example, he's an AMAZING coach, he is likely the best retranqueiro in the world, Mourinho ain't got shit on him when it comes to setting up a defense. Difference is that Mourinho has at his disposal an infinite amount of resources to get solid defensive players. While Tite makes due with Gil & Company.

I guarantee you Mourinho does not take that 2013 Corinthians team into a Brasileirao and gets 22 goals scored on him, that's INSANE!

So.... Once again

Tite (snicker's bar) is a retranqueiro who won everything he could by not getting scored on and getting headers and "scrappy" goals. You hire him as a coach... DO NOT EXPECT THE BEST CHOCOLATE BAR IN THE WORLD.... expect Tite...

You guys need to have some introspection about that. Because you do that a lot to players and coaches, seriously... guys watch Damiao, he's the player that he's always been this whole time. I watched him in Inter in Santos and now at Cruzeiro. He's the type of player that will do give and go's on fast breaks, traps balls in long balls and has a large presence in the box so you can get some scrappy goals off him. Show me any Damiao goals where he simply took over a play went past people and just scored.. you won't find any he's a target man, he's the snicker's bar.

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nope. Why was he dropped from the Selecao.

I will admit I really don't watch him play. He seemed to have potential, but his scoring numbers in the Brasileirao don't really lie. He is only in the conversation because of a general lack of talent in the striker position lately.

20. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    He was dropped because our selecao is a complete mess and has absolutely no prospect on development of players.

Seriously Damiao or Jo? To me that's not even a question... Jo's team wins Libertadores he becomes the best Chocolate in the world.

The only thing Jo was good for was to confuse people into thinking Seu Jorge was playing for the National Team.

21. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Honestly Damiao has always been the same player, look at the goals he's scoring now, tap ins, scrappy goals, crosses etc. That's who he is... He's our Klose (actually Fred is a better Klose than Damiao)

And by the way, Fred looks good right now boy.

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree with your assessment of Tite's Corinthians. They won that Libertadores beating teams by the slimmest of margins and scoring very little if I remember correctly.

His hold up play seemed to be pretty good I agree. I never thought he was something that special, just had some decent potential. Nobody here thought he'd be a Ronaldo or Van Basten. But he just isn't that great. My main issue is calling him a great "system striker". He is an average player in the grand scheme of things.

23. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    yet people expect different from Tite this time around. Makes no sense.

See to me there's a GREAT gap between an avg player and a great player, but most teams are made up of avg players. When you have a great player you automatically become a title contender and when you have 2-3 you're Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich.

I don't believe those teams are filled with great players, but tons of avg system players that know exactly what their roles are surrounded by great players.

The beauty of this is that when avg players buy into a system and become effective into that system they can look like a great player! That's what usually confuses people. Diego Costa (Judas for Mengao) is a perfect example, Busquets is another one, Pique, Dani Alves, Ganso, Dante, Sneijder.. you guys get where I am going right.

These are players that do absolutely nothing special but work in one place and don't on other places, they know how to do what they do in their systems to perfection.

Ask them to go outside of their comfort zone and you get bad results.

Busquets can't mark a date on a calendar
    Pique lost a race to a turtle once
    Dani Alves has an avenue named after him
    Ganso thinks he plays american football and he's the QB and doesn't need to participate on all other aspects of the game.
    Dante... I think his hair gets in the way of forwards better than he does
    Sneijder aka Gans (that's Ganso in Dutch)

24. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    I mean look at the all time leading scorer of the World Cup... Miroslav Klose.. can you get more avg than that?

I don't think we can

25. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Klose was not average, at least not for Germany.