Seleção 2013 - General discussion thread III [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    hernane would be more logical given tardelli operates on the wing.

2. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The only reason France qualified this year is because Ukraine was robbed.
    And the only reason France made it to the last WC2010 was because Ireland was robbed when Tiery Henry decided to play volleyball in the box, and the crooked Ref went along with him.

3. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I am convinced that the group is pretty much set and the only real question for Felipão is who is the odd one out (Robinho, Willian, Ramires... Lucas?) if Fred is healthy?

However, we have 6 months to go and besides the possibility of injury, what else could change things? Is Kaká's performance going to merit a call-up in march and if he keeps performing and shows he can fit in Oscar's spot as a back-up and offer something slightly different as well, does he get back in the picture?

Can someone like Fernandinho (Man City) get a shot if he does well in a league that Scolari picks a lot of his player's from and he decides Luis Gustavo needs a more direct back-up? I think the last time he played was under Mano, so I doubt it but I use him as an example of someone in a position to make a case in those 6 months.

I doubt a forward in the Brasileirão will get a shot unless they move and get good playing time in Europe next year since the only friendly Felipão gets is before the beginning of the next season.

4. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    you need another number 9 to back up fred , i don't see where one will come from other than in the brasileirao.. Do you guys even watch Hernane or Walter?

5. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I think if Jonas keeps up his scoring, he may merit a look in Jo's place.

Other than him, I can't see anyone getting a look, especially from the Brasileirao.

From the field positions, it's either Dede or Marquinhos. From the midfield, will really depend on if Scolari wants to have a more offensive or defensive option. On the other hand, I could see Hernanes getting dropped in favor of Willian. One more thing to keep in mind - Gustavo's potential for a red card or suspension is quite high. How Scolari envisions the ensuing substitution will be key. Move David Luiz up and put in Dede. Or bring in Lucas.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think Robinho will be that guy if Jo gets dropped. What did Robinho do in the first place to merit a call up? He performed well in the two games he played in and has the experience that Felipão values. He's probably a lock for March unless something drastic happens.

7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #1657 Emperor Adriano, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    This is also missing some fantastic goals near the end of the season. As you watch the video his finishing is better and more elaborate against better competition. hernane's a god...

NotreDameFlamengo repped this.
  8. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If Fred is healthy it's Fred then Jo. If not it's Jo then Robinho right now.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Jo I think it's pretty clear that's how things turned out.

I can't see anyone getting a call up based on an Estadual right now and that means there is 0 chance of a fresh call-up for Brazilian-based players in March unless they are already on Scolari's radar and any guess of that nature is as good as making something up from scratch.

The Brasileirão starts in April and that's too late unless there's enough injuries to exhaust current options. There is no indication that the current Brasileirão has yielded any candidate for Scolari.

9. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I'm already counting Robinho as in, mainly for the reasons you state. He's versatile and has the big game experience we want. I really don't envision Jo getting dropped, especially with the prospect of facing some taller teams. Felipao will have to pick 2 out of Hernanes, Willian, and Lucas Leiva. And while I think Kaka's chances are slim, if he keeps up his form, it may be difficult to overlook him, especially with Hernanes' declining club form, so he could he even sneak into the equation. I also want to see Willian more involved with Chelsea, but the team is so deep that it may be tough for him to see action every game.

10. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I also believe that Robinho is a definite inclusion, especially with his last 2 friendly performances.
    Jo and Fred certain inclusions with Fred Starting (providing he stays healthy).
    I see Ramires definitely in, and Hernanes on the bubble, Kaka still has a chance. I am really for including Kaka, because we have no other player similar in characteristics to Oscar.

Here's my prediction for the starting line up as of this date:
    JC, MARCELO, THIAGO SILVA, DAVID LUIZ, DANIEL ALVES, LUIZ GUSTAVO, OSCAR, PAULINHO, HULK, FRED, NEYMAR.

11. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't you think that's a bit shaky against good pressing teams?

12. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Luiz Gustavo and Paulinho are the marking midfielders that are masters are robbing and recuperating balls.
    David Luiz and Thiago Silva also masters in tight defensive markings and covering for offensive explosions of Marcelo and Dani Alves.
    Hulk has exceptional vision and presence when returning to help out on defense.
    Not shaky at all. A very strong offensive minded team with sufficient defensive attributes.

13. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Hulk has been a pretty capable two-way player on the national team, I might add, in addition to what IVO said.

Im concerned about Kaka's potential inclusion on the team because I feel we are more or less set with offensive passing and creativity. Defensive depth is vital in the World Cup, and I'm really beginning to think that Lucas Leivas spot on the team is all but assured.

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    To add to what IVO said, Oscar is also a good two way player. He's not shy about dropping back and doing some of the dirty work and has even demonstrated this at Chelsea.

15. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You were saying?

16. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Haha..... during the libertadores I really felt like Bernard was doing that against Giants

17. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wow how Scolari has changed! ! Because you know that wouldn't have happened before World Cup '02

18. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I enjoyed that commercial, good one