Seleção 2013 - General discussion thread III [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    lol... Lucas buy low sell High!!!!!!!!!!

2. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Actually, just to correct myself: I only have one ticket for the game in Brasilia. In Rio, go with friends but no one want go with me to Brasilia, so I bought just 1 ticket in FIFA website. I'll decide if I sell or not after World Cup Final Draw. If I sell, I'll ask someone here, for sure. But there's nothing concrete yet.

In draw selection, I apply 7 games and was not drawn any time. I'm not so lucky. Let's see in december. :D

3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mas você não sabe se vai ou não para Brasília, né? Você falou que é caro e longe.

Com certeza, terá gente aqui de olho no seu ingresso...(eu não).

4. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    #1604 Lucas..., Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    Sim, talvez eu vá se alguma seleção grande jogar as oitavas lá, principalmente se for a Argentina. Vou começar a dar uma olhada nas passagens mas parece que está tudo caro. Eu não vou gastar mil reais de passagem; na verdade, não tenho idéia dos preços ainda.

Na verdade, eu entrei para comprar no site da FIFA ontem de manhã. Procurei comprar apenas ingressos do Rio e dei muita sorte em conseguir pra dois jogos. Comecei a tentar comprar ingresso para outros jogos em SP, Recife, Salvador, POA, apenas por tentar, e não consegui nenhuma vez. Até que tentei o jogo de Brasília e consegui. Pedi só um para a conta não ficar cara, não planejei com ninguém a viagem.

Eu moro no lugar aonde os turistas querem estar, 15 minutos do Maracanã e 30 da Zona Sul. O que eu vou fazer em outro lugar? :)

leonidas repped this.
  5. jim82

jim82 Member

May 29, 2013
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Was on for hours the other day but couldn't get any. So annoying having saved up for three years and now I can't even get the main thing you need to be able to experience the WC.

6. Jiripoca

Jiripoca Member

Jul 16, 2013
    London - Sao Paulo - Peruibe
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oh my word, what a shame LOL! I don`t care about some spanish twit and his drama.

7. Dribble&Trix

Dribble&Trix Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Sort of a display of bad attitude with hah and LOL...
    This about Diego Costa is an unfortunate story for Brasil
    and may turn out Cost..ly,
    anyway, an injury is nothing to be happy about.

Dage repped this.
  8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Especially if you consider where the next 2 world cups are located.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Felipao showing a lot of confidence in the post game conference saying we will win the World Cup. I rather him adopt the same position as 2002 where he said we'd reach the SFs and anything after that is profit. Just for superstition sake !

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  11. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA

I don't think it was the wisest thing to say. Having said that, it's a sign of how far we've come since he returned to the national team. Honduras is a poor opponent and yet we danced circles around them 5-0. With him, we defeated Japan, Italy, Mexico, Uruguay, and Spain.

The other teams will have plenty of motivation to try to win it themselves. This statement won't be forgotten, but neither will it mean much when they face Brazil in the knockout round.

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd say it's like his crosses, his intention was probably good, but the execution was terrible !! :D

Ombak, NotreDameFlamengo and Mengão86 repped this.
  13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  14. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I'm beginning to think Hernanes' spot on the team may be under threat. He could be dropped in order to maintain Lucas Leiva and Willian when Fred returns.

15. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Is leiva that good? I dont think so. He is not NT material. As i said before, he is always in the wrong position in the wrong time. Sandro / fernandinho would be the best in that spot.

16. jim82

jim82 Member

May 29, 2013
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    For me Fernandinho would be better in the Paulinho role. Not sure why Sandro hasn't been given a chance, but I like Lucas. He gets a lot of unfair criticism from Liverpool & Brazil supporters in my opinion.

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes, let's just completely change everything that has been working !!!

18. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Sandro was really poor during the call ups before the Olympics then the Olympics and subsequent call ups. Not marking well and not even breaking up plays in the mid field, he looked out of place.

19. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/esport...omes-e-vai-observar-jogadores-na-europa.shtml

So Felipao has a list of 45 players that he will continue to scout and follow the next few months. He will travel to England, Spain, Italy, and France to watch games, talk to the coaches and directors, and meet with the players. He will also do the same for the players in Brasil.

Is this 45 name list recently updated? I can't seem to find it anywhere and wasn't sure if it was the old one from before the Copa dos Confeds.

20. jim82

jim82 Member

May 29, 2013
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not saying pick Fernandinho over Paulinho, just saying that's his best role. Thank there are better players as the deeper lying of the two than Fernandinho. Back-up for Paulinho is more realistic but I'd have Ramires as an option, or Hernanes.

21. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I think we need a player like Hernanes but I do fear he might get dropped. Scolari seems to prefer Ramires over him as Oscar backup.

22. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    At this point that list of 45 has got to be more like 23+1 +21.

I'm guessing that Robinho, Willian or Hernanes are on the bubble and depend on Fred's fitness. If he's fit one of them could be dropped. So Fred is the +1 and the 23 is fairly set (Marquinhos/Dedé would be another bubble decision I guess).

The remaining 21 are players who can be called up if someone is injured (e.g. if we need a DM we can plug in someone who has already played for Scolari this year.) and the Kaká's and Ronaldinho's just in case (if one has an amazing season and a bubble spot opens up).

It's hard to believe that the team is up in the air right now and that goes back to the article CB (I think) posted, which argues the team is set after Felipão's 3 years of evolving a team crammed into this one year.

23. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think this is gonna be a tough wc. Look at the teams which have qualified from Europe : Spain, England, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Russia, Switzerland, Netherlands, Germany, Italy and Belgium, Greece, Croatia, France and Portugal. There are no weak teams at all ( maybe except bosnia ). Whichever way you do the permutations and combinations, we are going to get a difficult group. Of all the 32 teams qualified, i think only south korea, algeria, bosnia ( to some extent ) and ghana are the weak teams . Its going to be an extremely competitive world cup which can throw some surprises ( with such good teams qualifying, dont be surprised to see some heavyweights getting knocked out in the group stages itself )

24. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Actually you were right the first time, there are no weak teams.

I was watching ESPN, they tried to do group simulations, and they were tough groups for Brazil.

25. Sleep tight

Sleep tight Red Card

Jul 9, 2013
    Ghana a weak team? A world cup Quarter Finalist and the most successful team outside of Europe and south America at the world cup over the last decade is weak?? :eek: The African country with the most players on UEFA champions league teams is weak?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

MatthausSammer and benni... repped this.