Seleção 2013 - General discussion II [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Denilson70, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Pato missed a few do not forget that. No Rafael is to blame for everything in the world let alone the Selecao! His name is banned.

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Are you sure you aren't allowing your Arsenal bias to blind you?

It's normal for young players to make mistakes. Considering the magnitude of the mistake, it could have destroyed his career. He bounced back, solidified his spot among the United starter, was voted a top 4 player on United for season and arguably the best RB in the EPL (possibly behind Zabaleta). That tells me a lot about his attitude. Alves is already a veteran and makes mistakes as if he were a youngster or a MEDIOCRE player.

3. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    No, I have a Brazil bias not an Arsenal one. I did not like his attitude after being taken off - nor did the players it seemed. I am not wasting time talking about him any longer.

4. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    I like Jo ATM as he seems more versatile than Fred. No devalue to Fred as he is a great poacher but JO looks to be more help to the Mf than stagnant Fred.

5. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

is there any method the numbering of players?

1. why is Julio Cesar #12 when he has been #1 in prior tournaments.
    2. why did neymar and oscar switch #10 and #11?

was it done to switch things up so Nike can sell more jerseys? just curious

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Normally, it goes 1-goalie, 2-rightback, 3&4-centerbacks, 6-leftback 5-defensive mid, 8-midfielder 10-playmaker, 9-striker and 7&11-striker or midfielder.

My guess is JC thought #1 was unlucky and #12 was his number at Inter, where he had success.

7. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Neymar asked for it himself. I actually liked it as he is taking more ownership in the team and stepping up in regards to accepting that the team is on his shoulders.

8. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    I have no didea - thought I beleive 12 is JCs' favourite number - but I detest it. I also detest our wearing blue socks when we play certain opposition (I have e-mailed FIFA about this). We should also ban pre-match handshakes and all that bollocks. I will stop here in case I rant!

9. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    lolol :ROFLMAO:

(What was their response, as surely they responded...)

10. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Rafael.. no

11. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

They have yet to - which I see as a sign that they accept that I am right.........

12. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Well I was half right...Mexico lost but there are riots occurring ..lol

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd like to hear the rest of the rant....

drc003 repped this.
  14. drc003

drc003 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D

15. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Only when I am the moderator........

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Political discussion goes to the politics thread in NSR. Stay on topic please! Thanks.

17. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ESPN pardon the interruption had a segment on Neymar. This is only the beginning he will be the biggest star by next summer. And should win the ballon d'or in 2014 and may have a chance to win it this year if he wins CC and has a good first half of the season with barca.

[]__[]

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Any video of that?

19. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC
    I hope someone breaks his leg.

20. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Sorry but in 15mins they will repeat the show on ESPN news dont know if you get it where you at but you can watch it there.

[]__[]

21. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

You should be banned from here for a stupid post like that and even banned from all Santos game for life.

The kid wanted to test himself in europe doensnt mean he hates or doesnt love Santos nor Brasil. Who knows maybe he is back in brasil in four years once his contract is up. But to wish of his leg to be broken just shows how classless you are and how simple minded as well.

[]__[]

s7kru repped this.
  22. worms

worms Red Card

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

I hope you get banned. Shame on you.

And stop pretending to support Brazil, you continually contradict yourself by wishing their best player to break their leg you absolute moron.

23. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC
    It has nothing to do with hate.

Our WC has to be about marketing our football, our league and our clubs, not Barcelona's, Real Madrid's, Bayern's, etc. You have seen my responses on the current events in Brazil. The protesters can kiss my ass because this tournaments will do a lot of good towards our economy and ourselves.

However, if you are telling me we spent this much money on stadiums and infrastructure just to have European clubs garnish all the attention and exposure, you are out of your damn mind.

Of course, you, like the typical Brazilian, can't seem to think five seconds in front of you.

Did you not see the writing in the wall for the past 2-3 years? Or do you think it is a coincidence that Neymar is gone right before the CC and a year before the WC? Why do you think European clubs are pushing so hard for players like Bernard, Paulinho, etc. all of a sudden?

I'll be damned if all that money we put to prepare our tournament becomes a showpiece for clubs across the Atlantic (Lula put down a 13.6 billion dollar budget on the WC and Olympics. We have just gone over half the amount's limit which is really good news at this point). If that is the case, more power to the protesters. We need to shut this thing down.

It just so happens that Neymar, who many are making him out to be our poster boy, plays in a European club and the only real way he would not appear for the WC is if he receives a injury serious enough to cut him flow.

Bernard could be a poster boy just as good as Neymar; he plays in Brazil, his club is a state champion and it is a favorite to win the Brasileirao.

Sorry but I am looking out for the benefit of us all. If we are spending so much to prepare these tournaments, it has to be to promote US, no one else. If you are too nearsighted to see that, too bad.

24. worms

worms Red Card

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    "Our WC has to be about marketing our football, our league and our clubs" Wrong, it's about the competition itself. It is a football tournament you try to win, not were you try to promote club football.

25. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    First of all you are contradicting yourself because first you say the protesters can kiss your ass but then go on and say that all you care is about the betterment of all and not just a select few. Well that's the same thing the protesters are arguing about that all the money spend for these tournaments and the olympics couldve been used for better social causes.

And you want a team of only players from Brasil? You dont want Oscar, Moura, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Marcerlo nor any other brasilian playing overseas?

Secondly I'm a big Lula da Silva fan and wish he comes back and be Brasil's president again. And I understand why he wanted the world cup and the olympics because he wants to showcase brasil as a developed country and a world power. But the problem is the corruption that plagues everything in brasil. Right now too much government money spend for these events is going towards making the rich richer and too much money is being wasted.

Lastly no matter your reasons wishing a broken leg for Neymar is classless and stupid and shows you are not too bright. The world cup and the olympics can be a curse or a blessing, look at greece spain and other countries that had the olympics. But I think for brasil it will be a blessing like it was for Germany in 2006. Brasil is on the verge of becoming a world economic power and the world cup and the olympics following will showcase them to the world as that. As long as the workers party stays in power brasil will keep moving in the right direction.

[]__[]