Seleção 2012 - General discussion and news [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by leonidas, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Ramires was voted Chelsea's Player of the Year. Lucas Piazon was voted their Youth Player of the Year. I know he is offensive minded but a D-mid being named player of the year on a CL finals team is a pretty significant endorsement.

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Because every post you write shows with an embedded Youtube video in it. It's visual garbage. Why can't it be removed ?

3. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    because my signature feature doesnt show up.. so till then, suck it up like a man. Enjoy the vid.

scabbt22 repped this.
  4. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mano's List for the friendly's against Denmark, USA, Mexico and Argentina:

Goleiros
    Jefferson (Botafogo)
    Neto (Fiorentina)
    Rafael (Santos)
    Laterais
    Daniel Alves (Barcelona)
    Danilo (Porto)
    Marcelo (Real Madrid)
    Alex Sandro (Porto)
    Zagueiros
    Thiago Silva (Milan)
    David Luiz (Chelsea)
    Bruno Uvini (Tottenham)
    Juan (Inter de Milão)
    Meio-campistas
    Casemiro (São Paulo)
    Sandro (Tottenham)
    Rômulo (Vasco)
    Paulo Henrique Ganso (Santos)
    Oscar (Internacional)
    Lucas (São Paulo)
    Giuliano (Dnipro)
    Atacantes
    Alexandre Pato (Milan)
    Hulk (Porto)
    Leandro Damião (Internacional)
    Neymar (Santos)
    Wellington Nem (Fluminense)

5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wow just a crazy selection picking Pato is dumb hasn't mano learned his lesson from the Copa America? I anticipated the roster being younger but theres just something really odd about this list. We couldn't include Ramires? Arouca? and a handful of defenders who were more deserving? Not understanding Wellington Nem either not trying to be negative but this sucks. I can't wait to read everyone's reactions on here.

6. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    How the hell did Pato get called up? Have Mano not watch any Milan games this season. Not only has Pato been garbage; he has been virtually injured for most of the campaign.

7. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    Pato's inclusion is very surprising ...he was totally out of form and only had a very few games under his belt this season.
    What is Neto doing in the list? I don't think he is the first choice goal keeper for Fiorentina..Did he ever play this season? Diego Alves should have been called up instead of Neto.
    Why Dede or Ramires not in the list?Hernanes is injured it seems...

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Pato loooolllllll didn't Mano say he was gonna call multiple U-23 players in order to prepare for London. Not surprised by the call-ups. Wellington Nem has been very hot and very cold for the most part. Pato is the best Brazilian U-23 9 besides Damiao. Kinda speaks volumes about Brazil's 9 situation.

lol @ Neto.. useless in Fiorentina.. I don't think he'll ever play. Uvini and Juan.. AHAHAHAHAHA god our CB situation is going to be in the gutter in the next couple of years if they're the best Brasil have at this age level.

another LOL moment.. Casemiro.. A poor mans Arouca last season after the U-20 tournaments and especially this Paulistao.. I don't see why call him up when theres the aforementioned Arouca or Gremio's Fernando.

I'm afraid Mano might just find a way to mess up Brazil's Olympic hopes.. oh only plus out of this is.. No Ronaldinho :D

9. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to fire the coach before it's too late!:whistling: Some of the players he picked are injured! I don't think your coach actually watches all leagues carefully or, he may be corrupt. This is not a good sign for doing anything special in 2014. Even Robinho deserved a spot more than Pato!

10. Rivelino87

Rivelino87 Member

Aug 10, 2008
    Boston, Ma
    Club:
    Atletico Belo Horizonte
    Where is Rafinha? CBF needs to open their eyes before these Gallegos continue with their history of stealing South American (especially Brazilian) players superior to what they have.

11. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    My reaction is in the Olympics thread. Thought I will say that I agree to Wellington Nem's call, as he will probably be our perfect Neymar sub in the Olympics.

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Why would you call-up Rafinha to the U-23 team or even the NT team?? He isn't that good or THAT important.

Plus he's already promised Ney his inclusion with the U-20 side.

13. RichCreamy48

RichCreamy48 Member

Jan 9, 2012
    San Diego
    Where is Coutinho?

14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    On loan at Espanyol.. a testament to how his career has stagnated since leaving Vasco.

15. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he has scored some goals and assisted once in a decent amount of games(13-15?)
    he did stagnate(as did most of the inter squad) under rafa, improved under leo but suffered under both gasperini and ranieri neither of which gave him much time or a stable position to play in

btw, is Juan viewed as the next Lucio or something?

16. RichCreamy48

RichCreamy48 Member

Jan 9, 2012
    San Diego
    It seems to me that he is still one of the most talented U-23 players that Brazil has. If the fact that he was not called means that he won't be on the Olympic team, I'll be pretty disappointed.

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Thats an insult to Lucio :D I think Juan is hyped a bit because of his move to Inter.. he's an extremely average Centreback.. nothing special at all. Him and Uvini.

18. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I disagree.. Oscar, Neymar, Ganso have surpassed Coutinho.. Coutinho is a meia.. I don't see him starting infront of any of the listed above.. I might even go as far to say Roberto Firminio is better than Coutinho.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt it at this stage.

19. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Has Juan even played for Inter this year?

20. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dang and here I thought italian inter made a steal:oops:

wasn't he good at the sub WC and with brazilian inter? who are the better young brazilian CBs?

21. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not even once

22. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    the sad thing is.. there is no better young Brazilian CBs... Him and Uvini are the best Brasil have to offer and they're far far away from being Lucio-esque or even Luisao-esque.

23. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    This team is for the Olympics. You need U-23 players, and you can only choose 3 players above it.

I don't really mind the list other then Romulo and Guiliano (I'd take Fernando over Romulo, and Coutinho over Guiliano who I think his callup is based on reputation more then anything) - Guiliano or Coutinho doesn't matter cause neither would make the final 18 cut - but Romulo is very likely to, and I think Fernando is the better option.

All in all I think the 3 above 23 will rightfully so be Thiago Silva, David Luiz and Marcelo\Alves (Dede is injured) - as the CB situation is dire and also the base of this team is what should be the starting lineup in 2014, so you need to continue to build the CBs chemistry.

So you must have U-23 for the rest of the team - Pato as bad as he played absolutely should be as a bench option for any U-23 team Brazil makes, and he is the backup to Damiao.

The final 18 players imo will be :

Rafael
    Neto
    -
    Danilo
    Marcelo\Dani Alves
    Alex Sandro
    -
    Thiago Silva
    David Luiz
    Juan
    -
    Sandro
    Casemiro
    Romulo
    -
    Ganso
    Oscar
    Lucas
    -
    Neymar
    Damiao
    Pato
    Nem

24. RichCreamy48

RichCreamy48 Member

Jan 9, 2012
    San Diego
    It's silly to have three DM's (only one of which would probably start) and only two creative midfielders (Ganso and Oscar, both of whom would probably start). It makes more sense to me to replace one of the DM's with a creative midfielder like Coutinho so that every starting spot has a backup.

25. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    No, cause 2 DMs are gonna start - likely Sandro and Casemiro (who's pretty offensive anyways) - Romulo and sometimes Danilo are their cover.

You have another thing coming if you think you're gonna play Ganso, Oscar, Lucas, Neymar and Damiao all in the same time with only Sandro doing the dirty work - that would be tactical suicide - especially as the fullbacks in this team are allergic to defense as is, and are acting as wingers more often then not, if it's Danilo, Alves, Marcelo or Alex Sandro.

If it was the national team in the Copa (Lucas+Ramires) - The U-20 (Fernando+Casemiro) - you always played with 2 DMs, 1 more defensive and 1 more box to box. that's not gonna change now.