Seleção 2012 - General discussion and news [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by leonidas, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The Brits will never acknowledge any Brazuka. Even were it PELE.

2. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This is the unfortunate thing. Marcelo is 100x better than Contrao. But when you have a Portuguese coach, they tend to favor towards Portuguese players.
    Luxemburgo did the same thing for Madrid when he was there. Starting Robinho, R. Carlos, Ronaldo, J. Batista.

3. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Marcelo gets the start :D. But Kaka' on the bench :mad:.

Edit: Di Maria playing like crap again and all the madrid fans are calling for his exit.

Edit2: My boy Kaka' enters in the 75th minute with the game tied on aggregate. Extra time if no one scores.

4. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Kaka sadly has been terrible. His lack of playing is showing big time. Marcelo has looked very good though.

Shoot-Out!

5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    kakas just disappointing, he can't even hit a Penalty at this point.

6. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Kaka was the worst player on the field IMO, but in his defense this was only 1 game and he hasn't played in weeks.

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Marcelo is a GODTIER Leftback.

Luis Gustavo e Ramires >>>> Elias e Fernandinho

add Hernanes..Such volante depth. Mano needs to open his eyes!!!!

8. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If your coach is not corrupt Kaka should not be anywhere near the team. :D

9. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The English press is there to hype English players. :D

10. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I'd swear they get a cut of all English footballers' wages. Consistantly the most overated National Team every year.

11. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Idk i think the english press does more to create drama and tear down the english national team. The english in general are pompous and they think there better at everything regardless. The premier leagues the most overrated league on earth. The English commentaters on Sky get more annoying every game I watch thank god theres a Sap button in most cases.

12. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    he hasn't been but manos been getting absolutely lambasted for not including him in the recent squads.

13. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Because Kaka has generally played very well the entire year. He has 1 terrible game after not playing for 3 weeks and people now want to throw him out with the trash. That said he really needs to get the fvvk out of Madrid if he wants to get another chance with the Selecao.

14. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We can agree to disagree because since hes been at Real Madrid for all the big games or games that mattered hes been on the bench. He lost his first step not much else to say, his touch and ball skills are still great though. He could of left Madrid this summer, its his fault at this point. and hes had a great season overall this year? I watch a lot of Madrid and he hasnt even out performed Granero.

15. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Kaka was awful and I was surprised he even miss a penalty.

Marcelo was quality. Did a decent job on Robben.

16. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Well I'm biased, haha. You're right he hasn't played a lot, but when he has he pretty consistently created and made plays. I'm not saying he has been all-world, but compared to Brasil's other options for his position, it's been a no-brainer. Madrid has a stacked team and Ozil has been phenomonal all year. Do you think another Brasileiro competing for Kaka's spot could of played for Madrid this year? I'd say no way.

17. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    His confidence looked shot within minutes of getting on the field. He played completely timid. Even when lining up the kick you could sense it in his look and demeanor.

18. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thats a really good point but kind of hard to make assumptions when it comes to competing with a specific player. Are we talking true number 10s? it seems like Ozil and Kaka play Hybrid wing positions when they play with Madrid. Ronaldo and Benzema float in the middle pretty deep a lot so it seems like Ozil has to move outside for space. So if we're talking a hybrid wing who can come into the middle of the field I'd say Lucas Moura> Ozil. Lucas might not be ready defensively and tactically though which is the only hesitation I have. I could also make a case for ganso over Ozil but can't until we see more consitency for selecao and a solid Brasilerao this year. I do think Gansos going to turn out better than Ozil but your points pretty much valid.

19. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    I think Diego is playing much better than Ozil or Kaka ..He's playing for a far inferior team though!!Diego had a great game against RM also when the two teams met few weeks back.I think he was the most impressive player on the pitch that day.

20. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    :confused::confused::confused:

21. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I honestly would take Diego Souza or Alex over Diego at this point. Comparing Diego to Ozil or Kaka is asinine.

22. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Dante makes it official and signs with Bayern. I hope someone steps up next season to claim the other CB spot next to Silva. Hopefully either him or Dede.

23. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    A quote by Mano I took from SambaFoot:
    Ramires last game was against Germany last august. Did Mano ever think that building chemistry and consistency might be a good thing where preparing for the WC? Nahhhhhh, let's not call up one of our best players so we can test out a bunch of other players that wont be on the team in 2014. This guy fires me up big time.

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The thing about Ramires is that he is a beast in the open field/counter attack. That's why he fit Dunga's system very well. In a more possession based game, he is much more limited. Although his defensive work rate in incredible.

I am not saying he shouldn't be called, but I think Mano's system won't bring out the best in him.

25. Cool Rob

Cool Rob Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Chicago USA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, the way that goal went down made me think of Dunga.