Section

Discussion in 'The River End' started by Hammer215, May 11, 2009.

1. Hammer215

Hammer215 Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Killadelphia
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Who wants where? I'm partial to 138 (Misfits, "We are 138")

2. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hoping to be early enough in the line to get 137.

3. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Still debating if it's financially possible for me to get tickets... so I'll take what I can get.

(still think that it was a mistake to put a gap between the supporter's section and the rest of the stadium... Putting a limit on how much the section can grow wasn't really the most well thought out idea. Plus you run the risk of liminting the atmosphere generated by the section to just one end of the field, and not allowing it to spread through to the rest of the fans in the better seats... see NE for the best example of this)

4. Hammer215

Hammer215 Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Killadelphia
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    After watching Stoke maybe that was their plan.

5. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    and actually now that I think about it, no word on if half season tickets will be an option.

6. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Pricing isn't cheap compared to other teams. Those sideline seats are 200 more than NYRB and at least 100 more than DC. WIth who I've got my tickets with I won't be in the supporters section and I was looking at something a bit more reasonable.

7. VAComet85

VAComet85 Member

Dec 23, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm actually pretty happy with the prices. Supporters section for about $17-$18 a game is sweet. Definitely getting a couple for me and the wife.

8. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    yeah, I calculated that out too. Corner seats aren't bad either (probably where I'll end up).

is it custom practice to have the corners less expensive than the endline seats? I haven't looked very hard at other teams, but I'm used to it being the other way around. (edit, yeah, I think we're the only team with such a system... though most teams don't seem to differentiate between endline and corner).

9. Rickster

Rickster Member

Dec 1, 1998
    My math is shaky, but I see these on a per game basis as:

Club $65
    Midfield 41
    Sideline 34
    Endline 24
    Corner 18
    Supporter 16

I'm thinking that the two best values are either to go Midfield or Supporter, but that's just me.

10. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    it's all relative. Especially when you consider the fact that Section 8 only pays 150 per season for their supporters. (of course the fire also have 99 dollar season tickets for the upper deck... easily the best value in the league).

11. Hammer215

Hammer215 Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Killadelphia
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I'd imagine I'll be in the supporter section somewhere.

12. jess370

jess370 Member+

Feb 14, 2008
    collingswood
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I just put the next deposit down on my tickets in the supporters section, only I figure we have more SOB's then available seats in that section so I wanted to make sure that was where I would be.

13. Highbury

Highbury Member

May 13, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When do we find out where we are exactly in the supporters section?

EDIT: Nevermind...in the fall.

14. Blind3

Blind3 New Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Media, PA.
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just changed my deposit to a seat and added a second seat. Not sure i'll always have someone going with me, but figure an SOB looking for a spare for a guest can use the other seat for face value.

Love the price. Great value for money. Hoping for anything in 136 to 138.

15. steelhead

steelhead Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Pottstown
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really hope they consider partial season packages, I'd love to put a deposit in today but just can't justify spending that much money right now. Probably just have to pick a few games if they don't. It seems like most teams in the league do though so maybe they will later on.

16. TheScarfMachine

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You can't do it through the payment plan?

You have a month to come up with $100 for a deposit. Then you've got to pay $30 a month for six months, and you're all set. That's less than $10 a week.

17. steelhead

steelhead Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Pottstown
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea for 1 ticket, I'm looking at it for a group of 4 though. If it was just me then your right no worries.

18. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As the season gets closer and they know exactly how many full season tickets they have they'll probably set up some partial packages. The thing is I think the cap for season tix is 15,000 so there is a chance you'll only get a shot at the last 3,500 seats.

19. chapka

chapka Member+

May 18, 2004
    Haverford, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The main difference in pricing is likely going to be a difference in demand.

Remember, kickoff is eleven months away. Assuming every season ticket deposit is converted into at least one season ticket sale, the Union probably already have about as many season tickets sold as D.C. and more than twice as many as New York. Demand is the primary component of pricing.

For example: Union tickets are much, much cheaper than Galaxy tickets; but they're significantly more expensive than Chivas USA tickets. Chivas is a better team playing in the same stadium. But last year, the Galaxy sold around 10,000 season tickets, and Chivas sold around 1,000.

Seattle and Toronto sold out their stadiums pretty quickly with pretty cheap season tickets. I'm betting the Seattle organization now wishes they'd set their price point a little bit higher.

20. Gooseface

Gooseface New Member

May 11, 2009
    Harrisburg, PA
    Does it matter where you select as your preference when converting deposits to seats? The selections are still based on order of deposit correct? So, you should be able to select anything available when it is your turn?

21. Hammer215

Hammer215 Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Killadelphia
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Guess we'll be elsewhere as we are NOT Sons Of Ben members.

22. TheScarfMachine

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yesh, it's not like we're satan worshippers or something.

But, if you're adament in your uninterested in joining with us, that's fine. Why not start your own supporters group? It's clear you have issue with the SoBs, but it's not like we're a monopoly. It just takes the initiative to do it.

Besides, I think they're putting that clause up there just to make sure people understand what the section is really about. Imagine the horror a family of four Jehovah's Witnesses would face if they got season tickets next to me, then season tickets sold out, and they realized it was impossible to exchange locations. Better to have it clear, up-front that you should be a supporter before getting tickets in this section.

23. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How are they going to work the membership thing? Are we going to get official "Sons of Ben" member numbers and logins so that they know we ARE part of the supporter's group?

24. Volpeap

Volpeap New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Chalfont
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, I wont be able to make it to all of the games, but am freakin out:eek: thinking that if/when they offer partial plans all of the Support Section Seats will be gone...

Maybe some of us that are only looking for partials should Buddy Up now and split a season ticket package?

25. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bryan has been updating the main list for sobs, they may just check with his updated list.