Section 8 = Brilliant and The Soldier Field Five

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by alf, Oct 22, 2005.

1. murtaugh

murtaugh Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I agree that the bottle rocket that was fired in S8 was [PW ALERT]atrocious[/PW ALERT]

Which is all the more reason pyro should be done above board and with the full knowledge of everyone, so there is little incentive for fans to sneak pyro in, and situations such as this do not occur.

2. jlm120170

jlm120170 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    maryland
    I waited for the day i see a MLS supporters group lite a flare you guys most deff. rocked .

3. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Cool, so you won't mind if I pepper Thornton with all kinds of crap next sunday, right? Throwing streamers and TP when your team scores, cool. Throwing stuff at opposing team, uncool.

And this comes from a Barra Brava member who's been in more than his fair share of hassles with security.

4. stringcheese

stringcheese New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Banners, drums, songs and chanting - priceless

Bottle rockets, flares, objects being tossed on the field and blaming a security force for a situation that you initated - immature.

As I sat watching and listening to the festivities going on in the south end zone with my my wife and daughter, the little guy sitting on my left shoulder was smiling and telling me to get my A$$ over there and join in.

The little guy sitting on my right shoulder was shaking his head and hoping Security removed the idiots who threw crap on the field, lit off the bottle rockets and flares.

Thankfully, for 99% of the Fire Fans in the world, the mature little guy on the right shoulder generally wins out.

As much as I hate to say it; the immature S8'rs that don't know when/where to stop, will be the down fall of this wonderful group. For two reasons:

Some incident or combination of incidents originating from S8 will eventully force managements hand. They will eventually have to show the vast majority of paying customers and their corporate partners they are serious about making it a safe and fun enviroment to watch soccer.

As attendance and corporate sponsorship grows(and it will), you will become less and less of a factor in the overall $ gate. As that happens, management and the league will become less and less tolerant of the crap they have to put up with from the immature fans.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I'm afraid it will.

String

5. partycentral

partycentral Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Naperville
    Re: Section 8 = Disgraceful

Let's hope for one more.

6. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    string cheese, ne plus ultra, and alf really need to sit down and relax. Does anyone know these guys personally? If so, make sure they aren't putting too many hours in at work or having personal problems. They seem stressed and might go overboard soon if they don't get some help

7. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I mean, hey man, if you really want to, then I certainly can't stop you. I would argue that there is a difference between throwing a ball of soft toilet paper during a goal kick versus throwing bags of urine, batteries, beer on Ron Artest, etc.

I mean it was probably uncalled for, but if you just leave it at that, you're totally missing the athleticism and throwing accuracy displayed by a fan. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

8. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    section 8 looked great.

sorry to spill the beans

9. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Your quote was "crap"...

Whatever, I love smoke, flares, confetti...general mayhem. Section 8 has always been a supporter group that has raised the bar. I respect and admire what they bring to the table. And I commiserate with the lumps they've taken along the way. It's a struggle in this country to bring that level of support to your team. We in La Barra have always had our front office on our side in our battles with security. I think even they are starting to get tired of it.

10. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

SHADDUP!

and go back to your politically correct suburbian lifestyle..soccer is not for the ill of heart.

11. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LOLOLOLOL!~~!!!!!

12. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Arsonists

Arsonists New Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Banks of Plum Creek
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates

I have hated you for a long time. But this pot kettel quote is just to much.

Sorry I could not be there Friday. I have 4 700 candle powered rubber dicks for the the next game.

14. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer

Rich, I don't get it. How do you get a 700 candle power one of these?

[​IMG]

15. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Dicks, not Ducks Andrew. You made the same wording mistake last weekend, and if I recall correctly, neither the duck nor the people in that public restroom will ever be the same.

16. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Flynn the important thing is that now I am considered a man.

17. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer

I didn't think it would take this long to play the Jeremy Goodwin card.

Are you going to move to boston next?

18. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Alf to Boston!!!!

19. murtaugh

murtaugh Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    is there a word for people from naperville fighting over the internet?

20. phantum

phantum New Member

Jul 2, 2005
    We are Chicago
    Dem Fsckers.

And that's not a reference to the Monica Lewinskis of the world.

21. DMullin

DMullin New Member

Sep 14, 2000
    Denver
    Unfortunately, this seems likely to me. Thank you for the well reasoned post.

22. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the flares and smoke looked great. The paper also looked great but I don't like it when it goes on the field and interfers with the play. It would be nice if Section 8 could get permission, no matter what it takes, to do it it in Bridgeview but with Guppy I doubt it very much.

23. CFnwside

CFnwside Member+

Jan 25, 2001
    Humboldt Park
    while i appreciate the sentiment of your post, i have to take certain issue with it's accuracy. you are correct, we europeans do not share your odd fascination with throwing a small ball to a squatting dude dressed up as hannibal lecter. however, as someone who was lucky enough to have gone to elementary school across the street from a police station, i assure you that both throwing strength and accuracy were highly prized assets in the lunch break world.

24. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If there is another game at SF, prepare yourself for the snap of rubber gloves.

25. REMOVED

REMOVED New Member

Jul 22, 2004
    I dont sit in sec8 because of the big drum. But I wish I did last Friday. The flare was awesome and for a moment I thought I was at Champions league game. Just awesome. The guy lighting the flare-you did it for all of us. And to see P Wilt among the supporters there, I forgive you for any and all player /personnel decisions. What other GM would partake in this spectacle? Kudos PW and best wishes for Milwaukee. (I have come full circle on the PW issue. Great job guys; I pray for just one more Soldier Field game. Does anyone know if there were any arrests?