Section 133: The IllegitimateS Thread

Discussion in 'The River End' started by TheModernHypocrites, Jul 2, 2010.

1. RopeOfSand

RopeOfSand New Member

May 16, 2010
    Somewhere in Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Anguilla
    Re: Calling ALL Section 133 Season Ticket Holders!

I think we should encourage people in our section to stand for as much of the game as they can. If your view is obstructed by a stander in front of you, the best way to see is to stand up yourself. Plus, if we're all standing it will be harder for the fun police to tell us to sit down

2. TheModernHypocrites

TheModernHypocrites New Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. TheModernHypocrites

Apr 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkuOBRT09zs"]YouTube- SoBs at MLS Cup 2007[/ame]

Here is our MANTRA for this WEEKEND... BUFFALO BILLS. This is a rivalry that dates back to 2007... Before We Even Had a TEAM... For those of you who don't get the reference... The Buffalo Bills have been to MANY Championships and have NOTHING to show for it... Like our "friends" to the North and East... Let's Hush Up The REBELLION and Put Down THE REVOLUTION.

4. TheModernHypocrites

Apr 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VYJq8VKXjY"]YouTube- Getting under their skin[/ame]

MLS 2007... The REVS Weren't Happy About Philly... and We Didn't Even Have a Team Yet.

5. BigBrain61

BigBrain61 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Standing ~50% of the game = Okay.

Standing 100% of the game = no thanks.

Not because I'm a party pooper, but because I can't stand for 90 minutes. My legs get all hurty.

The only time I'll dole anyone out (though I'll ask the person / people first) is if people start holding up scarfs / flags during the run of play and I'm obstructed. Then all bets are off.

6. TheModernHypocrites

Apr 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Worst case scenario you could move to Section 132... 80% EMPTY every match. I would love to know why... saved for away fans? Season Ticket Holders that don't show up? Or maybe they save them for fans that try to buy tickets the day of the game... Either way we will sort something out for you.

7. KennyV

KennyV New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

sounds like someone's ********** is the one hurting....suck it up dawg. you are a party pooper and a bunch of ********ing **********'s,,,grom a set of balls...anb defend your self......ooooo bbbboooooohhhhhooooooo grow up u dumb ass

8. RopeOfSand

RopeOfSand New Member

May 16, 2010
    Somewhere in Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Anguilla

I think 132 is a section mostly reserved for their youth soccer partners. It always seems like the only people there are kids in matching soccer shirts. Either way, they don't take up the whole section and they sit the whole game. So it's an option for people who cant stand the full 90

9. TheModernHypocrites

Apr 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yea... We don't want to ruin anyones good time... well not a fellow UNION fan anyhow. We gladly ruin away fans good times.

10. doriangray

doriangray New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Come on, dude, you're born in '61, huh? You mean 1861? I agree with KV, suck it up old man. Did you say your legs are "hurty" and waving flags obstructs your view? Jesus F*cking Christ you're a godamn sissy.

11. MacDaddySit

MacDaddySit New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    Allentown, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The lack of respect many of you are showing in this thread is almost as bad as your lack of knowledge of the game.

The way you all attack your fellow Union brothers is ridiculous. How about allowing people to enjoy the game that they've paid to see. I personally don't mind standing for an entire game, but if someone else like BigBrain61 doesn't want to stand, then that is his choice. He bought the tickets to enjoy watching the game and support his team however he chooses.

Soccer fans have passion for the game. You may express your passion by standing and screaming for an entire match. Others may share that same passion for the game and under different circumstances, they may have been standing and cheering right next to you. But regardless of why they are sitting, they have paid for a ticket to share in the experience in whatever way they wish.

It is deplorable that fans in any section of the stadium have to worry because their fellow Union brothers may verbally attack them during the game. We are all supporting the same team. Save the attacks for the other side.

If you really want to have strict policies of how to properly support the team, then like others said to you earlier, sit in the sections properly labeled "Supporters Sections."

P.S. - Go UNION!

12. doriangray

doriangray New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Firstly, I guarantee my football knowledge is just as strong as anyone on this board. If a guy says that waving flags annoys him because it obstracts his view, who doesn't understand football?

Secondly, as I've said about 48,000 times, the entire of the PPL is a supporter's section. I don't know if you noticed but we're in the middle of a f*cking war zone every week. TFC brought 100+ "Ultras". I know what Ultras means. Calling yourselves "Ultras" is serious business. If I walk up to my home ground and see a mad "ULTRAS" banner on my section that needs to be dealt with. If your legs can't stand for ninety minutes with away Ultras raining all manner of noise and insult at us then I have the right to call you a f*cking sissy.

What's deplorable is that another Union supporter would go cry to the f*cking security stewards because he heard the f word or saw somebody make an obscene gesture or hold up a goddamn UNION scarf. Grow up. This isn't high school feild hockey. This is top division football. It may not be Serie A or Turkish Superlig or EPL or Argentina... but it's what we've got.

Everybody's so goddamn sensitive.

Oh... and Go Union.

13. MacDaddySit

MacDaddySit New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    Allentown, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I began to post another negative response and realized it's defeating the purpose. My entire point is, let people support the team however they individually choose.

I agree with you on a few things. Like: Don't go to the security over every little thing. Don't get pissed if the group in front of you or besides you is standing and screaming.

However, I also feel that you should respect the majority around you when they are your fellow supporters.

It's all about compromise.

14. doriangray

doriangray New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I am with you then. I have no problem that someone sits or doesn't engage in taunts and singing, etc... just stop crying about it.

15. KennyV

KennyV New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

bud----as i appreciate your sentiments...you re missing the point. we do sit in the supports section....the away supporters. so when im trying to enjoy my game and some douchebag from toronto tell me to suck his____, or the i should go _____my mother. and their entire 150 group is standing and screaming at us the whole game...he/they should be ready for the kitchen sink to come at him. i know i speak for ALL of my fellow 133ers when i say how dare you question our knowledge of the game. you have zero clue as to who we are, when and where we've played and how many countries we have seen matches in. the bottom line is....jump on board with us in the Illegitimate's and defend our corner with us....or sit down and dont complain to the stewards about us. we are defending ourselves from the vile attacks we have been under in 133. this is our section and our corner. all this posturing is getting on my nerves. get a clue about whats going on in sect 133 there daddymac. friendly banter btwn the home crowd is fun....insulting an entire group of people for having balls to organize and shove it back at these away fan assholes is stupid. our movement to defend the corner is firestorming....i suggest jump aboard...its fun and you my even learn a thing or two.....AND gain some friends while you're at it

16. TheModernHypocrites

Apr 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Let's save it for the AWAY Supporters.

17. KennyV

KennyV New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

im with you dawg....its tough right now trying balance this whole circus. but as i said before....i think we all adapted very well at the toronto match and i contend to believe we will ALL b fine

18. TheModernHypocrites

Apr 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Badtz

Badtz New Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is a silly question of semantics, but actually, the whole of PPL is NOT a supporters' section. Of course, it's our home field, and most of the people there are cheering for the Union. But "supporters' section" has a connotation of being exactly what the River End is--a place where the die-hards stand, chant, what have you. Most stadiums have similar sections for their supporters' groups (in terms of soccer, anyway).

In no way are the terms "supporters' section" and "regular section" meant to demean the people who wish to sit and watch the game in a quiet or only semi-rowdy manner. Everyone roots for the U in his/her own way. One is not better than the other; they're just different.

Now if you want to get really sensitive and bitchy about it, I seem to remember a fans vs. supporters thread around here at one time...Some people feel VERY strongly about what is a supporter vs. what is a fan.

BTW: Thinking about it now, how awesome would it be if the whole stadium *did* stand and chant the whole match? The noise would be deafening. Every team would hate playing at PPL--even more than they're already beginning to!

20. doriangray

doriangray New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think I was told that the distinction was supporter versus spectator. It's semantics, yes. But the word 'support' has a definition. In my view the entire home ground should follow it. And I am insulted that if I don't sit in the River End I can't "support" Union.

As mentioned above, some may not be so inclined. I am actually fine with that. Cool enough.

But if you are a spectator at a football match you are a neutral (a watcher). Things will happened as we defend 133 from the away group. Just suck it up and enjoy the show...

I'll agree to let you still quietly and spectate...

21. KennyV

KennyV New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

this tit for tat is for the weary....bottom line. the illegitimates have organized in sect 133 to defend our corner from the away support. period. most of us will stand and chant and attempt to drown the drooling rabid aways. sit if you want to sit...in fact, do whatever you want. you're a union fan and i love you. but please....if you arent with us in our antics....thats fine....just dont be against us. we are just defending OUR turf and we will continue to do that in a manner acceptable to our security detail. GO U!!!!

22. Badtz

Badtz New Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I hope you don't mean me in particular, cos I stand and shout in 137! LOL.

I don't think anyone thinks you can't "support" the Union if you're not in the River End. (I guess I can't speak for everyone, but I certainly don't feel that way. That's ridiculous.) There are supporters' group members who do and do not sit in the River End--they are all supporters.

And to the away supporters, I say give 'em hell! You guys are the closest--you have the best shot, so to speak.

23. boodah76

boodah76 New Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I need to move back a few rows. Not too many people around me in R stand up. I am an island of one. This is a case where its not lonely at the top. Maybe somehow by next year we can reconstruct the seating arangements. Look into having all illegitimates sitting directly in front of Away supporters and the people in front of us can do whatever they desire.

24. KennyV

KennyV New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

most of us will be in C lot tomorrow at 1230 sharp right near the old electric plant. we need to rally, hang out, drink beer, and chant. if you feel comfortable...send me a text say you're from 133...and we'll meet up. 3025073174. big game tomorrow boys...

25. BigBrain61

BigBrain61 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm 28. 61 is my favorite number. I'm not an old man by any stretch of the imagination. I'm sorry if the fact that I don't prefer standing for 90 minutes offends you. Maybe when our legs evolve to where they're not in the same position for long periods of time, it won't bother me as much and I'll be right along with you.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with it. My wife and I did it for the Dallas game, and it was a bit uncomfortable towards the end of the game but we dealt with it. It didn't hinder my enjoyment of the game by any stretch, but I was under the impression that I wasn't in a section that was going to stand for 90 minutes. So far this season, the people who have been standing in front of me (and I'm in Row R too) have been far enough down to where they aren't blocking me. People standing in front of me doesn't bother me -- I'm 6' tall, I can stand up and see over them. I just worry that I'm blocking someone behind me who isn't standing, like the 8 year old who was behind me last game.

My problem with scarves and flags is that I can't see over / through them. If you want to hold them up when the team comes out, great. I'll have mine up too along with you. I love the fact that he have such instruments to show our support. If you want to do that when the play's down on the other end, that's fine, because I can see around you. But if we have a corner on our end and I can't see through what you're holding in your hand, then that's silly. That's all I'm saying. I'll ask you to put it down, politely. If you're going to be obnoxious, then I have the right to complain about it. That's all I'm saying. I'm not going to go running to security right away. All I'm asking for is some courtesy. If I want to scare at scarves, I'll go to Macy's. If I want to stare at flags, I'll go to the UN. I'm at a soccer game, I want to see soccer.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I'm not out to pee on anyone's cheerios. I'm out to have a good time. I love the atmosphere that we have going on in that corner. It's great. I think it makes the experience much better. But you all have to understand that we're paying the same $300 for the season that you are. All I want is to be able to see the game and cheer on my team at the same time.

Oh, and I play Australian Rules Football. On average, the people I play against outweigh me by a good 60 pounds. I ain't no sissy. :)

I like this idea. Like I said, and I'm on the same row as you, there is a pocket of people sitting in front of us who aren't standing, so that's why it hasn't been that big of a deal.