Section 133: The IllegitimateS Thread

Discussion in 'The River End' started by TheModernHypocrites, Jul 2, 2010.

1. TheModernHypocrites

TheModernHypocrites New Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Calling ALL Section 133 Season Ticket Holders!

We need to find a MONSTER ENERGY DRINK Banner for the REDBULL NY Game. Everytime the AWAY Supporters visit PPL they show them on TV... ALOT. It would be hilarious to have a MONSTER ENERGY DRINK BANNER everytime they panned up to Section 133... Anyone know how we can get one? The game isn't until October 16th.

2. RopeOfSand

RopeOfSand New Member

May 16, 2010
    Somewhere in Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Anguilla

lol, we have to do this

3. sully127

sully127 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    138, C
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, the game is on FSC which means national broadcast. Though it may be a long-shot, reach out to the company and tell them your plan; maybe they'll give you one. If you can't make any head-way with corporate, try to find out the info for their local distributor; if it is anything like the soda or beer companies, those guys have all kinds of leeway to give out free stuff.

Just looked it up, and their distributed by Coca Cola (also check supermarkets for any kind of sales displays - you could save one from the dumpster)

4. sully127

sully127 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    138, C
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Penn-Union

Penn-Union New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Swarthmore, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I wonder if there is any chance Monster or their local distributor would hook us up with something.

6. KennyV

KennyV New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

sounds good. we could get a monster flag or banner AND a rockstar flag or banner...spice it up. worst case senerio if they're like 25 bucks apiece.. i dont see any reason why we cant all throw a couple bucks together and collectively buy them. BUT i know some local distributors (im sure we all do) who could very likely get their hands on one for us. lets work on that.

7. KennyV

KennyV New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

just called coke...they referred me to monster...who then said you gotta go local through retail. i am friends with a bunch of distributors so im gonna make some calls and see what we cant track down..im sure it wont be difficult..

8. TheModernHypocrites

Apr 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It will take the piss out of the NY Fans and give MONSTER (which is an American Company) Free Advertising... Red Bull is owned by Hungarians I Believe... It would be SWEET.

9. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Awesome idea guys! There may be a problem if the team does not want a non-sponsor's "official" banner flying in the stadium. That being said it is VERY easy to copy the Monster logo, and I would most certainly look into making your own. A bunch of them waving around is even better than 1 official looking one.

I complimented you guys before, and I'll do it again. It looks like we have the right men for the job set up in Section 133!

10. doriangray

doriangray New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What are the odds I make it to the Red Bull match in October? At least still in 133 with you lot? :D

11. KennyV

KennyV New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

thanks dude...we're making it happen.

r.v. pick ur spots dawg...if the toronto match is any indication of our security sanctioned efforts...we'll all be fine...DEFEND THE CORNER!!!!! 133!!!!!

12. doriangray

doriangray New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Will do, mio fratello… I just hate those f*cking c*nt bastards United.

13. TheModernHypocrites

Apr 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We will smuggle you in if we have too... or get you a mask so they don't recognize you.

14. KennyV

KennyV New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

just came up with this chant....let me know what you think?

"we are the ill-le-git-a-mets....and here-is-where-we-sit....as-tough-as-we-want-to-be....de-fen-ding-1-thirty-three...."

15. boodah76

boodah76 New Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As I said on facebook, I work at Sunoco and i will speak to the reps in question and see what they can do for me.

16. TheModernHypocrites

Apr 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We should all try to start tailgating together... Work on some chants in the parking lot and just get Section 133 as unified as possible.

17. doriangray

doriangray New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think that's a good idea.. maybe use Facebook to rally everyone.

18. TheModernHypocrites

Apr 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This could be a good resource for Flags/Banners... I haven't had a chance to check the prices.

http://www.flagcenter.net/

19. doriangray

doriangray New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nice.. Another alternative... this place is about 5 minutes from my house.

http://www.fastsigns.com/167?utm_so...rganic&utm_content=167&utm_campaign=localmaps

I just thought we should get some consensus. maybe on the banner in the front and a huge banner to pull down overhead in the section before kickoff. Like I said, I love the 'Spirit of '76' with the Manager's picture on. If the person who created it is OK with us using it. It think that's perfect for the big pre kickoff thing. Like they do with the big cartoon characters and such in Germany, etc.

I'm ready to get some quotes....:D

20. boodah76

boodah76 New Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Where does everybody park? I don't even park in the parking lot. I've been parking by the Sunoco. So far I haven't come early enough to tailgate, but I would enjoy doing so.

21. doriangray

doriangray New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I work in the office across from the ground (the old PECO power plant) so I have parking in what I think they call Lot C. My gang usually arrives early (2-2 1/2 hours). Next week, as we get closer to NE match, we'll lock down time and place. I have been getting a good spot along Seaport Dr. That may be a good rally point.

Camaraderie and brotherhood is key so we’ll make sure we can chat, down some beers, and get prepared.

22. alswi

alswi New Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As a long time US national fan I joined SoB so I could sit in the supporter's section because the energy is terrific. But that type of atmosphere shouldn't be confined to the SS. I was well aware of the drama in 133 and enjoyed watching the back and forth between TFC and the 133 crew. Glad to know you guy are organizing. The whole damn stadium should be standing and I think Union FO should welcome any and all support, MLS teams going under is not unheard of -- Miami f'ing Fusion. How did a lame sports town like miami get a squad ten years ago. A little bit of rowdy should be welcomed because it shows people care about the damn team. I will be in lot C for all my pregame tailgating and look forward to meeting 133. I love everything SoB have done but that pregame tailgate is like some weird kentucky derby sectioned off mint julep party, a little too organized and uncomfortable.

23. doriangray

doriangray New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks for the vote of confidence. As I said before, I get very insulted when someone asks me to sit down or says I should be in the Union "supporters section." WTF am I!?!? Or, to your point, what are the damn people in say 107? Rest assured, we know what we need to do and we'll continue to do it. No mint juleps or planned picnics with our families. Those things are fine as far as they go. I get that, but that's not what I'm about and it's not what 133 needs. We're illegitimate. Check next week for details.

24. paisano22

paisano22 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Couldnt agree more, this is why I stopped going to Flyers games after they moved to Wachovia center. Eagles games are just the same way now since they moved to the Linc.

25. TheModernHypocrites

Apr 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We are definitely the Bastard Sons... The Illegitimates... I've have people kinda give me dirty looks and snide comments for WANTING to sit with the AWAY SUPPORTERS, but for ME that is the best seat in PPL. You get all the drama of the game. I love it... and I am glad to see we are getting more and more organized as the season goes on.