Sebastian Soto at Austria Klagenfurt

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ShaftBrewer, Jul 11, 2018.

1. SloterHaus

SloterHaus Member

Dec 14, 2018
    #676 SloterHaus, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    He was subbed off in the 38th minute in a 4-0 loss against VFB Lübeck.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  2. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't sound good. Was he injured?

3. SloterHaus

SloterHaus Member

Dec 14, 2018
    Yes, but I think it was just a precaution. He went down directly in front of the coaching bench and asked to be substituted. Looks like a groin injury, but I'm no expert.

LouisZ repped this.
  4. SloterHaus

SloterHaus Member

Dec 14, 2018
    "Attacking player Sebastian Soto suffered a hamstring injury at the weekend when he played for the U23 in Lübeck."

edcrocker and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he seems to be in a weird place, issue with club in terms of renewal (they don't seem to want to dev a player who doesn't want to renew) and now injury issues to top it all off. We are getting close and close to Winter break and he's played like 130 min all season.

current estimates is that he's out for min 3 weeks which is getting very close to Dec.

6. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Schalke would be a good move for him.

glutton4Bolts repped this.
  7. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love that move... their forwards leave a lot to be desired IMO... especially at the #9 slot. Although I won't lie that I am a bit concerned that he has yet to make an impact this season in Bundesliga 2.... as Ger90 stated... dude isn't even seeing the pitch. It is a long season... so I hope he is able to get healthy and make the most of his opportunities in the new year.

USA-Zebuel and Eleven Bravo repped this.
  8. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Yeah he may be better off scoring in the dutch league and trying to move there. I dont see a BL1 team picking him up based on what we have seen so far this year. I could see BVB continuing to go after him for their under 23 team and then perhaps moving him up but he needs minutes if he wants to be top flight.

jnielsen repped this.
  9. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I try not to buy into conspiracy theories, but I believe they’ve frozen him out. Dude was one of the best players in the u20 fifa World Cup, and he can’t get a sniff. Combine that with he won’t sign an extension. Yeah, I’m not buying it. Maybe he’s not Lionel Messi, but I would bet money that he could step on the field and be competitive in that league.

ChicagoVT, justinkicks and glutton4Bolts repped this.
  10. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have thought the same thing... but it is only speculation on my part.

11. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't this his second injury this fall?

jnielsen repped this.
  12. SloterHaus

SloterHaus Member

Dec 14, 2018
    Back in light training today.

[​IMG]

13. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    How usual is the club's reaction and treatment of a player not wishing to sign an extension?

ChicagoVT repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    normal for a player with no real pro experience, integrating someone takes time to build cohesion/chemistry. Why waste that time on a player who isn't that keen on staying and who could be gone in Winter too? Even players on loan have real pro experience, so those aren't comparable. And not like he can't play anywhere when fit, they have a H96 II to get match practice.

15. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even Pulisic saw his minutes drop when he declined to re-sign with Dortmund last season. It happens all the time.

16. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    True, but there's a difference between have your PT reduced and being frozen out altogether.

17. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CP was a totally different animal in that his talent was undeniable AND he had historical success with the team for a couple of seasons.... In short, Soto was never Hannover's wonderboy.

ArsenalMetro repped this.
  18. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    imnot hapy about it but what can you expect if you dont extend with a team. They have no obligation to build and develop your game after you tell them you wont be sticking around.

Hannover has done nothing wrong other than just being stupid and pretty much guaranteeing that he wont re-sign with them by not playing him. I think its a chicken egg kind of thing.

glutton4Bolts and sXeWesley repped this.
  19. ChicagoVT

ChicagoVT Member

United States
    Jun 26, 2019
    I feel like Soto made a bad move by not resigning with H96. Didn't have enough credible experience to make that kinda of move. It was a big risk on his part and it is now blowing up in his face. H96 completely writing him off is a little harsh but, especially since he can improve their squad.

20. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nah they suck, best if he leaves

21. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word. I like the whole Chicken and the Egg comment from Hockeytown... it seems to fit the situation. Soto is going to have an opportunity w/ the U23 squad and if he has another good showing like he did in the U20 WC... then he should have several suitors. But that isn't until Spring 2020. Really hoping he can move somewhere in the January Window. I assume he signed for the whole season in the Summer.... so if he were froze out for the entire season it would be pretty bad.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he's not frozen for the entire season they have H96 II, where he's already played 2 games and got injured there too.

wouldn't really call it chicken and egg, Soto wants a 2 season contract which is basically 1 year and then they might be forced to sell him. But between his fitness issues and getting close to Winter what is the point of a 2 year contract?

23. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Soto's problem is more injury than H96 freezing him out (though that is/was obviously a problem too.) If he had stayed healthy and produced for them they would have to play him. H96 is just a few points out of the drop zone, their 14 GF is tied for 4th worst in the B2. If Soto (or my mother-in-law) were helping them score they would, at this point, be forced to play them. Soto's injuries came at a bad time (as if there is a good time) for him to be able to muscle into the line-up.

ChicagoVT and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  24. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you aren’t going to extend, you’d better be too good to not play. Soto isn’t- maybe the talent is there, but the experience isn’t.

ChicagoVT repped this.
  25. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I've heard, Soto isn't on the upcoming U-23 roster for November. Probably due to injury, because he's played well. But his club situation is going to hurt his form heading into Olympic qualifying in March.