Sebastian Soto at Austria Klagenfurt

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ShaftBrewer, Jul 11, 2018.

1. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    #401 freisland, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Goals make clubs horny as heck.

"I'm too sexy for my club..."

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    if only they paid attention to some of our boys scoring against Guyana and Curacao :p

The Irish Rover and freisland repped this.
  3. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    I do t care if he farts Tiffany cupcakes every time he scores, as long as he scores

4. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Or Jamaica...

Wait, never mind

5. PalmettoSpur

PalmettoSpur Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    That'd be a unique skillset.

6. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    No, youth caps are irrelevant to the work permit process.

Aaron Killough repped this.
  7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Fwiw...

8. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Unless you want to work the chips basket.

9. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    Do Gloster and Soto share an agent?

10. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grosse Lust? Gross..

freisland repped this.
  11. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Whoo, so that is how they do it in Germany.

Kinky

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this is the relevant part.
    Mirko Slomka does not believe that Borussia Dortmund will recruit Sebastian Soto in the summer. "I phoned Aki Watzke," quotes the coach of Hannover 96. BVB CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke was "incredibly well connected, I have talked to him about the Dortmund youth and believe they are currently not interested in Soto. "Slomka hopes Soto to stay with 96:" He has another year with us. We made him a very good offer. "

13. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    A sign and loan would really be the only chance you would see him with Dortmunds team next year. He would likely be left with Hannover for one year with a steep recall fee if they had to call him back to Dortmund but I really dont see Dortmund using any of their money for Soto.

They arent a free spending club who likes to take chances. Meanwhile, isnt another Yank in Reyna..

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "I'm really grateful" The change to Germany was by no means easy for them, as they revealed in an interview this week. "I did not know how it would work for me without my friends around me," said Soto, for example. Things went pretty well for the youngster who had come to Hanover from Real Salt Lake. Soto convinced as a scorer in the U19 Red and made towards the end of the season even his first three professional games in the Bundesliga. "I'm really grateful to Hannover 96 for taking care of me," said Soto.
    https://www.hannover96.de/aktuelles...-wm-aus-fuer-96-talente-soto-und-gloster.html

still leaving??? Seems less likely.

15. dannd23

dannd23 Member

Jun 10, 2014
    If he stays at Hanover what are we setting the O/U on a healthy goal scoring tally? 6.5?

16. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I'm horrible at this. I always estimated far too high for Wood. Then again, Hannover are in the 2nd division.

I'd hope for at least 5 goals and 3 assists. Hopefully he's a starter.

17. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Im gonna go crazy here... Predicting 8 goals and 3 assists......

18. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont know much about hannover, but wouldnt a relegated bund2 team be a really good level for our guys?

surely there will be a lot of roster turnover, but thats where im ignorant in hannovers case. do they have the players who will stay on to make it worthwhile to buy and look to go right back up (obviously the goal) or would soto and gloster be close to the first team in a straightforward salary dump?

19. dannd23

dannd23 Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Not a Hanover fan so selfishly as a USMNT fan, I think it’d be great to see Hanover in contention this year for promotion with our guys playing a key role but falling just short. That will A) either have them in the spotlight for a transfer to the Bundesliga or B) likely be young leaders on a squad that should get promoted the following season.

20. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Agreed, theres not a lot of sub 20 strikers out there playing key roles in top leagues. Mbappe not exactly a normal thing.

21. PalmettoSpur

PalmettoSpur Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    As odd as it sounds, I think Hannover’s relegation is a best-case scenario for Soto and Gloster. Both are guys with potential, but who need gametime and a stepping stone up to Bundesliga-level competition. I don’t think they’re as far along in their development as Pulisic, McKennie, and Adams at a similar age. While it’s bad for Hannover, it’s great for our guys.

22. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    dunno if this has been posted in any language, but I believe it is German George Thurogood lyrics.

23. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Says that Soto has interest from the Bundesliga and France (duh ). It also says they have contracts that only pay them about $2,500 per month!? WTF!? No wonder they're both trying to leave. Is that the norm with academy deals?

24. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    probably includes a lot of extras like housing, food etc...still not what you'd expect for a pro athelete...

Deeneaus repped this.
  25. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    far better than PL contracts that drastically overpay youth players and ruin them early.

This keeps the players working hard and not getting greedy day 1.

Deeneaus repped this.