Sebastian Lletget

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Jeff Wineberg, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Jeff Wineberg

Jeff Wineberg Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1 Jeff Wineberg, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    How soon is too soon to start wondering about his national team chances? He had shown flashes of potential, with technical and pacey play, but could never crack West Ham's starting 11. However, he has started his MLS career at a blistering pace. Does anybody else see him getting a call-up if he continues to be dangerous for the Galaxy? Obviously, the goal scoring rate will slow down, but I am very big on him right now.

2. FlipsLikeAPancake

Jul 6, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very promising start, but it's too early for me. Goals in 4 straight games in impressive, though recall that Patrick Mullins did the same thing last year only to go scoreless the rest of the year. Lletget only has a couple of starts and has yet to go 90 minutes. I think if he continues to have a good year, then we should look at him at the January camp.

Private Entrance and Berks repped this.
  3. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Klinsmann has called up college players and guys like Wood. It's never too soon.

He's quick, a good dribbler, good off the ball movement, and seems to have good strength when holding defenders off. Also quick of thought. I'm guessing he would play a Zusi/Bedoya/Zardes role under Klinsmann.

BA, who is usually reserved when asked to rate young players is very quick to compliment Lleget.

4. Dignan

Dignan Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Granada
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets wait and see. A lot of times guys burst onto the scene in MLS because of opportunities and because they are trying to prove themselves and win a roster spot, only to then level off fairly quickly.

Still Lletget looks impressive.

Private Entrance repped this.
  5. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    A. He challenged himself and developed in a European Football academy setting
    B. He took the easy way out and found playing time in a lesser league.

In conclusion, who the f*ck knows what Jurgen thinks of him at this point.

6. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Diskerud, Agudelo, Dempsey, Bradley, Jones, Altidore, Nguyen, and Shea took the easy way out and all of them except for an injured Jones are on the Gold Cup provisional roster. I can't think of any guys who've come back from Europe that haven't gotten a look. Things look pretty good for him.

Wessoman repped this.
  7. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Though its not like Nguyen took the direct route in step down of leagues.

8. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He actually exists? I thought he was just a fairy tale someone invented years ago. It's been years waiting for him to start playing real soccer.

9. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    tru story. he was one of the biggest urban legends in the YA realm. It is so strange to confirm that he actually exists and is doing well

Wessoman repped this.
  10. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana

[​IMG]

Dignan, dwsmith1972 and bsky22 repped this.
  11. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    He can lock down that LM spot with play like this. Gerrard is almost guaranteed to take the other CM spot next to Juninho, and Zardes-Keane will be the front two. His only competition would be Villarreal, who is playing very well at the moment and maybe Zardes if Bruce wants to put Villarreal or Gordon up top.

Private Entrance and Gacm32 repped this.
  12. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    So take him off the list. Is there an example that suggests he'll be ignored? Diskerud, Agudelo and Shea are probably the closest comparison, but all had been in the team before coming back. While Nguyen had not and his play in MLS got him called up.

13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    He's someone to monitor. Not sure he stands out as someone who deserves his own thread without getting capped, but it seems like every player on the radar is now getting their own thread.

14. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is this thread not called "Too Lletget To Quit"?

15. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like it, although I think the "ll" is pronounced as a "y", correct? I seem to recall that debate over in the YA forum.

16. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For anyone who follows the yanks abroad forum, the "academy" section is unofficially named the "Seb Lletget Yanks Abroad Academy forum"

17. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't put Jones in that group he's at the tail end of his career. Dempsey either but you could kinda consider it if you think he failed at Spurs but that's another story for another day.

18. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    He looks like he's headed to the jersey shore.. But yes I do think he should play a role this cycle, the sooner the better. I'd say towards the end of the year probably Jan. camp. Guys his age group and younger are going to transform usmnt to a top team

Gacm32 and justinpaul10 repped this.
  19. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    It's just group of guys that "took the easy way out". JK has not ignored anyone who came back to MLS who was in the team, and has looked at Nguyen who made an impact in MLS. Maybe Kljestan???

20. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're missing the point I'm making about Jones not taking the easy way out. Now we're all speculating but I don't think he views Jones going to the MLS at the tail end of his career to get minutes and solidify himself in the U.S. fans hearts as taking the easy way out. Bradley in the prime of his career not willing to fight it out in Roma is JK considering someone taking the easy way out. Even tho that was most based on monetary reasons. Either way... Your point is clear. JK will look at you no matter what he says and will play favorites or not depending on what side of the bed he woke up on.

Private Entrance and bsky22 repped this.
  21. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Also Edu and Parkhurst.

Arguably, Stephens, Doyle, Davies and Steve Clark but they came from smaller European leagues.

bsky22 repped this.
  22. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His start has been almost too good to be true, but even if you ignore the goals he's scored and look at all the little things he does over the course of the match, you can see he has quality. Right now he's benefiting a little from being an unknown quantity in MLS; the real test is if he can continue to be effective once teams are really focused on marking him out.

Private Entrance, Gacm32, Berks and 3 others repped this.
  23. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Valid points but idk if he will get too much attention on that team with Keane up top and Stevie G in the middle. As well as Zardes another capable scorer even if he's not at the same pace as last year. Tho if he keeps playing like this he will def get some focus.

24. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Davies came back cause of health reasons dude almost died and Europe isn't forgiving.

25. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any truth to the rumor that Cobi is working with the Galaxy players on their personal branding?

[​IMG]