Sebastián Villa (Boca Juniors) - News & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Baal88, Jun 27, 2018.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well for what it’s worth, Villa also started as a sub with Guillermo and ended up starting in the final of the Libertadores, so there’s that...

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i have wacthed this in espn...guillermo also wants him and also ricky centurion....

Alfaro dont be mean with your friend hernandez bonnet........and give an opportunity to villa

3. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    If they are going to freeze him out I hope he leaves as soon as possible, he's shown he's a quality player and could be a smart buy from a small club in Spain or Italy.

4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Really what’s screwing Villa over is Tevez being on the team. Even though he should be retired, Alfaro has been attempting to make Tevez a leader and the flag of the team. In no way should Tevez be considered ahead of Villa — Guillermo realized this and relegated Carlitos instead (Tevez had mentioned that if Barros Schelotto stayed past December he would have left).

If Villa was just competing with Zarate for the spot, then maybe he could become a starter after a good performance or two. But it’s complicated for him to get regular time when Alfaro is so fond of Zarate, Tevez, and Pavon, and that’s not even including the CFs like Benedetto and Wanchope.

I agree that the best thing for him would be to leave, but at this point aren’t all the transfer windows closed (other than the MLS and China)?

Azucarero repped this.
  5. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah, I think he should leave at the first chance or ask for a loan if possible and leave in the next window. China and MLS would not be a good option at any point imo.

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Honestly i think that if he isnt going to stay in Boca....the better would be a another argie team..........for me he isnt ready for europe...........Guillermo didnt help nothing to imporve his game.......and Alfaro

7. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

pepinointer repped this.
  8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    hope he plays ....

9. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    I'd like to see him stay at Boca and become for them what Quintero is at the moment for River.

But there are positives to coming to the MLS and that is he will have the pressure of being the player teammates will look to for a creative solution... The team is Zlatan's... I'm sure GBS will create tactics that will benefit Zlatan but Zlatan would succeed in most systems. But there will still be pressure and a good kind of pressure if Villa arrives at Los Angeles.. The Pressure will be expections that he will score goals and create many chances for Zlatan and be a leader along side Zlatan as opposed to the different pressure he has now which is to prove he belongs.
    And both are good, both demand the best at every chance but I think he's ready for the pressure he would have in LA. That kind of situation would help him at the national level and of he wants to go to Europe.. Because aside from if he goes to Real Madrid or Barcelona or Bayern... He will be a big transfer for a club after Boca and they will expect that he changes matches not just play well... MLS will be a good practice for that...

10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Si se va a la MLS que se olvide la selección por un buen tiempo.........

11. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Even though what you say is very logic, don't forget that Colombia has a new coach and we don't know yet what's the attitude of Queiroz regarding players who play in the US or China.

HomietheClown repped this.
  12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don’t know I feel MLS is way better then Scotland. People want Morelos to be given a shot but didn’t Millios want a kid who scored 25 goals there last year that played for Unitonoma?

I mean MLS isn’t as bad as you guys make it out to be. I don’t think they should get looked at if domestic league guys don’t but if we are looking at the Scottish league and at a time we’re looking at China. MLS is much better then these places especially if we are giving Mexican league players a look

13. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Morelos has at least had the Europa league to stack up against very good teams, in the MLS you don't get that and the pressure is much less since there isn't the same attention surrounding the league/teams as say Rangers.

MLS has gotten better but for a guy like Villa its not a great move, I'd rather he stayed at Boca if MLS was the other option, he's too good and at a point where he should be developing a ton in the right spot, he can progress in MLS but its not the best place to do it.

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I am not saying Go to the MLS. Just I don’t get why we are looking at a guy who plays in Scottland or Mexico but don’t even look at the US or even our domestic league.

We will have to wait and see the NT call up which I am anxiously expecting hope it’s not to the level of bullshit that Reyes call up was

15. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's not that I don't agree with you, but Mexican league is better than both MLS and Scotland.

16. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Villa looking impressive so far tonight.

HomietheClown repped this.
  17. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Don't know if they'll score it that way, but Villa just assisted Abila's tying gol

Furnaccio repped this.
  18. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Futmob sent me a notification that he got the assist and then they sent me another notification that he did not get the assist.

Hahah. He’s playing a heck of a game though.

<div style="width:100%;height:0px;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.327%;"><iframe src="https://streamja.com/embed/y0LJ" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width:100%;height:100%;position:absolute;"></iframe></div>

19. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Super active first half. He should've had an assist or two.

In the 2nd, I couldn't tell if he was just exhausted or if Alfaro called a tactical change. He played further inside than I've ever seen him, much less bombastic, but very disciplined.

Good on him for taking advantage of the start

Furnaccio repped this.
  20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Good to see he got some minutes.

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Azucarero, HomietheClown and villus repped this.
  22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Well then, this may have just given Villa a life line for the March Friendlies and ultimately the Copa America. Let's see if h can take advantage.

Azucarero repped this.
  23. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #148 Baal88, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    He looked a bit clumsy, but it's good to see him fighting hard and trying his BEST to assist the striker, that's what I've always liked about him, that's something that he won't lose no Matter where he goes, he will work for the team despite being very talented.

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Pretty good highlights.

25. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    #150 MiLo4891, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Run Villa and don't look back.. Alfaro doesn't know what he's doing.. He doesn't even know what style tactic or formation he wants to use.... These are critical years for a footballer 22-26 that's the new prime years because of the physicality of the sport now... He needs to go somewhere anywhere back to Tolima, Atlético Junior, otro equipo de Sudamérica como Palmeiras o Salir a Liga MX o hasta LA Galaxy... Pues haber vivido en NY prefiero que si viene a La MLS sea ha NYRB

Villa debería salir

Alfaro no cree en el.. No piense que es de la altura de Boca.. Y no es por el estilo de jugador porque es otro Pavón y el si tiene en cuenta a Pavón pero se le lesionó.. Entonces es otra cosa.. Política de querer poner a Zárate y Tevez, quien sabe, igual no lo tiene en cuenta y es absurdo porque Alfaro estaba en Huracán y jugadores como Villa había en Huracan y el lo potenció en cambió ha Villa no lo usa.. ..

Sebastián Villa debería ir a Junior de Barranquilla lo más antes posible, antes de la Libretadores... Ahí se brillará pues Diaz por un lado y Villa por otro... Como dicen en Argentina, Mamita!!