Sebastián Villa (Boca Juniors) - News & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Baal88, Jun 27, 2018.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    People it seems that think that we are bigger than we really are:

Cuadrado was elected best midcamp of serie a in 2014 (which othrr colombian midcamps have get this recongnizement in a top league?)

Cuadrado was the top assistor in wc 2014 ( which other colombian)

Have been included in the ideal team of serie a two times...

Guy have known to be a key man in one of the biggest team of the world during years

Have contributed in 7 goals of colombia in world cup ( 5 assistances, two goals)

But now rincon that failed in italy and spain had a better career..

Very few players in colombia have got a similar career to cuadrado....said that serna , alvarez and orhee guys with mediocre careers....that failed in every place outside colombia or america....is just ignored facts

2. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We can argue about who was best, again its all a personal list. For me, Rincon was very important to the NT at that moment. I guess call me lucky to have watched both him and Cuadrado play.

kromekote and HomietheClown repped this.
  3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yea Cuadrado would be higher in some list if that ******** Ramos hadn’t gotten him a super bs red card in the final 2 years ago

pepinointer repped this.
  4. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Ivan Cordoba is higher then Cuadrado imo. If we are judging players with their NT careers then it gets tricky because Cordoba was great, but suffered for playing during our bad years, but it wasn't his fault we couldn't score goals. Club wise his career was great, played at a really high level. Rincon is up there, club wise during earlier times Colombians didn't play in Europe as much so its more difficult to judge. Lets also remember that Cuadrado has really done well in Italy but its also during a time that Italy is not as strong as it was when Cordoba was one of the best defenders in the world.

IDK for me in terms of National team its James #1 and El Pibe #2, El Pibe was an icon, in terms of club level included Falcao moves up since his club career has been great but he only played in one WC and didn't exactly lead us to glory, El Pibe everything ran through him and he was one of the best if not the best passers of all time. All 3 are great in their own ways and all 3 were great leaders, but James for sure is #1 for club and NT, after that its tough.

Furnaccio and J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    actually the only colombian to play a final of ucl....

but yeah we are a potence and cuadrado is one of our biggest tronco

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    First official goal of sebastian with boca:

7. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    *Super sub

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    actually i think he played better than previous times because there was a 9 near him.....

with mauro zarate i think that he doesnt play very well

9. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Agreed. Very small sample size for me to make much of a judgement with Boca so far.

I'm referring more to his possible role for Colombia. When a game opens up, this guy is lethal.

pepinointer repped this.
  10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    That was a nice goal.

I cant wait to see him play in the amistosos.

11. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    An assist and taken down for a penalty tonight. Great match.

J-Mezzy, HomietheClown and pibe10 repped this.
  12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Start him over Cuadrado!:D

crzdcolombian repped this.
  13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And the other goal started from one free kick

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If we didn’t play in the Us maybe we could.

15. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I think we can easily play him and Cuadrado as well if we want max width. Going forward in the next few years when Cuadrado and Falcao are dropping off we can swap in cucho/Borja and have good balance as well.

--------------falcao
    Cuadrado------------Villa
    --------James-----JFQ
    -------------Barrios

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Barrios by himself as the lone Defensive midfield worked against Cameroon but we were up a man in that game.
    I don't think it would work against most teams.

17. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    We can do it in games we should be going out to dominate, but James would have to drop deeper and play as an 8 which he has been doing for Bayern a decent amount these days, and also Cuadrado very often plays pretty low and offers a lot of defensive support so its feasible, but not all the time no.

18. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Sebastián Villa should jump to Europe as soon as he can.. He's almost at the peaking age that we've seen Colombian players hit(24-26)... So if he gets to elite football those years he could improve even more but I fear if he stays at Boca for two or more years he'll plateau..

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why??

first he have to show that he is good enough in argentina.......his best matches have been againt weak teams..........

in the other hand he is only 22..........and have a lot of to learn in argentina, that maybe he wont in spain or portugal..........

jay luis and Cruzifero repped this.
  20. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah he just got to Argentina and isn't even playing every game yet, he should spend at least a year or two there, its done lots of our players really well and he has a strong Colombian contingent to lean on for help. If he keeps developing and on his trajectory he'll have chances to go to Europe, no need for him to rush he's on the right track.

21. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    People have always overrated Europe, what I've seen is that the players that are formed or spend at least 2 or 3 seasons in Argentina tend to have very fruitful careers when they go to Europe.

It can be counterproductive for a Colombian to go directly to an european league because they don't have a good tactical formation from their time in the FPC.

Villa has some incredible abilities and he Will be a lot better if he goes to Europe.

Doogs, pepinointer and villus repped this.
  22. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    while all this is true, Argentina can also be overrated, so let's take things in stride. Boca, River, Independiente, Racing, San Lorenzo are pretty much your heavy weights with the most cash but than the decline/reality of most teams surface. We have very very few Colombians that have NOT come out of the Argentina big 5 and had fruitful careers. The Argentinos are smart in cherry picking our best talent to flip over. Europe is not that far behind and is far less patient.

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Developing players they have an important know how that we dont have.... falcao and james are not "good scouting".

Look how they transformed fabra in a trustly player...

If you think the colombian players that have spend more years in europe are:

James falcao angel yepes cordoba duvan perea ....and they have something in common

Yeah there are othrrs but argentina seems like a guarantee to be a good player in europe after...especially if you were succesfill in argentina....even balanta seems that he will stay for long...

And sanches is of a similar school: uruguay

Well then we had other cases of long succes....that havent passed through argentina

But the cases of armero, dani torres, tello, mosquera, tressor moreno, fernando uribe makes me think a lot of...in how would be necessary a pass through there

Doogs repped this.
  24. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    very true with these guys. Tressor had so much skill, just no discipline. Add Molina and Rodallega to that list!

But there is also a huge list of bad Argentina transfer experiences : Virviescas, Roger, Marco Perez, H Mendoza, "Tyson", etc.... this is not to say that some of these guys just sucked, because some of those guys did! It's just to say that they are also always looking to explore and exploit our biggest names for profit and the smaller clubs dont offer the same support system as the bigger 5-6 I mentioned.

jay luis repped this.
  25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ideally if you want to succes in europe you have to succes in argentina first...virviescas wasnt good enough for river thats not heir fault....tyson same....marco too ( got transfee to saragoza but he wasnt god in gimnasia)

We have to wait in how ferney otero do it...

Doogs and pibe10 repped this.