Seb Hines at Middlesbrough

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Kool Herc, May 26, 2009.

1. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seb Hines got his 10th start of the season today for Middlesbrough went full 90 and scored a goal

2. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seb Hines broke his jaw in 3-3 draw midweek against Ipswich

3. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  4. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Hines is playing regularly (at Boro or Bolton) I see him and Whitbread getting call-ups in the next year.

5. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The question is does he want to play for the US? He'd have to file his one time switch if he does

6. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's nowhere near an England call-up so I can't see why he wouldn't want to file a switch unless he doesnt care or doesnt want to risk further injury. If he looks at our CB depth, I imagine he would have to have some interest.

7. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well you could say the same thing about Fabian Johnson nowhere near a German call up would be a lock for our LB spot...ect you just never know

8. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True but as far as I know Fabian hasn't ruled that out, might just be a matter of time before he does.

9. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. jakepc42

jakepc42 Member+

Mar 26, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully the USSF can be proactive in getting this kid in our CB pool. Also i wonder where the interest is coming from... Is it PL interest cause if it is he might want to jump.

11. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008
    7/23- Hines (M'Boro vs. Darlington)

http://www.mfc.co.uk/page/news/latest/0,,1~2400238,00.html

Hines is expecting to be starter in central defense for Middlesborough this season. Today was one of the last pre-season matches

He was subbed in in the 67th minute. Hines is still recovering from series
    of injuries from end of season.

He entered when match was 3-3, and in the final minute Darlington got a
    goal off a deflected cross to win.

I'm hoping Hines gets called in the Belgium match, along with Whitbread

13. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hines was an unused sub as Boro opened the season with a 2-2 draw with Portsmouth.

14. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hines was a second half stoppage time substitute as 10 man Boro won away to 9 man Leeds 1-0.

15. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to know if Seb Hines is actually a US citizen, and thus a YA. He scored a goal today.

16. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm faily certain he is but I'll see if I can't confirm through someone who knows him from school in Leeds.

17. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Heads up to Jake in YA Gameday for this. Seb Hines has started and went the full 90 for the last five games. Either he is becoming the defacto starter or an injury replacement for a teammate. His team sits one point of out of the promotion wildcard in the English championship. If Seb is willing to play for the US, is he at a level that high enough for Klinsmann to consider in the next few games? He is still on the young side and its good to have young CB's.

19. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Couldn't hurt to call him in.

I watched Brough's replay in the FA Cup and Hines was fairly average. He wasn't at fault on either Sunderland goal, but he didn't do much to stand out, good or bad.

If Klinsmann wants to call him in and give a look I have no issues with it, but I'm not expecting a revelation either. This isn't like Chandler or Fabian Johnson switching.

20. FakeFlopper

FakeFlopper Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    I don't think it would hurt either to have him called in, we do need to rebuild our backline, and a guy with Seb's experience could only be a positive unless he just sucks internationally. Again, the only question is how open he is to playing for US, and at 23, he doesn't have a whole lot of time to decide if he wants to be there for 2014.

21. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Went another full 90 for Boro in their 3-1 win over Millwall, no way he could get his one time switch approved in time for the Italy game, but it might be worth it for Jurgen to talk to him and get it done. I've personally never seen him play but I don't think were in a position to be picky considering our non-existent CB depth right now

22. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    another full 90 for Hines in a 3-1 win over Portsmouth, they are in 5th place in the championship. One spot above Spectors Birmingham

23. CenterLine

CenterLine Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seb scored the opener/game-winner today for 'Boro. Should really give this guy a call if he is willing to suit up for us along w/ Zak Whitbread. Some added depth & quality at the CB spot wouldn't hurt.