Seattle visits The Emerald City: Fire v Sounders Sat. 3/16

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Jiggly_333, Mar 13, 2019.

?

Just pick all of them

1. Fire win

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Tie

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Seattle Win

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  4. Malort

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  5. Raccoon

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  6. Something Stupid Happens

15 vote(s)
    55.6%
  7. The Tossers Win

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Corner of Bedlam and Squalor (It's that way ->)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think it might be best if we benched Niko. He's provided nothing to the offense in the past two games. He hasn't even been "offsides too often". He's just invisible. Sapong is giving so much more out there.

2. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That "heat" is from the steaming pile of crap that The Fire just dumped on Chicago, err Bridgeview.

3. Sting111

Sting111 Member+

Jan 17, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The weather cannot be blamed today. Sunny and temperatures in the 40's actually felt warm compared to the crap weather that we had to deal with this winter. My complaint is a noon start on a Saturday. Actually had to set an alarm clock for today's match. That is just crazy!

Pennsylvania Dave and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  4. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The excellence continues, unabated. Great that support level finally equals front office commitment. Hopefully, Mansueto buys Cakes out soon.

goldclover and xtomx repped this.
  5. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Not really worried about the result, we have a ton of talent that will start clicking soon. I liked that we switched to @bunge 's 3-5-2, good thing Pauno reads this board, would have been better if they did that to start the match. The high line in the first half was also a huge mistake.

Chris M., GHjelm, chiladd and 3 others repped this.
  6. rogerinIL3

rogerinIL3 Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm too old to fight the cold at 40 degree games, so stayed home.

The most discouraging about this loss is that we were apparently completely outclassed by a team that pretty consistently is in the playoffs.

So far we have a loss to a team that missed the playoffs, arguably barely tied the worst team in the league, and got run over by a playoff caliber team.

Not good.

7. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    The sun was everything on Saturday. We were in the shade until the 60th minute. Freezing. Then the sun got to us and it was great.

Jiggly_333 repped this.
  8. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I wouldn’t say that. The Fire opened with some really nice possession and movement for about five minutes. Then, Seattle exposed Hasler. The game could have easily been 4-0 or 2-2 at halftime. After the change, the Fire were not outclassed at all. They need to finish, but this is a team that will win its share of games if they can get at least competent in defending.

goldclover repped this.