Seattle v. RSL 10-23-16 (P/I/P)

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Seaball, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    So I guess we're calling this decision day. Win and we're in. Draw or loss and its pretty bleak. Also, Zack Scott who has aged like a fine wine through the years is finally calling it a day and this will be his last regular season game. Hopefully, we score a bunch of goals and he can get a nice curtain call at the end. That said I have no problems with a close, ugly win.

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does it get ugly though? Both Sporting and Portland have to get wins to pass us and while SKC is home against San Jose, Portland is away at Vancouver and Portland hasn't had a win all season on the road.. I'm liking our odds regardless of the result in our game.. although, it would fit in with the theme of this season if we were to be eliminated tomorrow.

3. Sounder95

Sounder95 Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Bay Area
    Also Portland will be without Chara and Ridgwell, both are the backbone of their D.

4. kaburu

kaburu Member+

Jul 12, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beckerman should have seen red

5. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Not sure what was more delightful, our win or Portland getting embarrassed in a do or die game.

kaburu repped this.
  6. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welp.. that was somewhat anticlimatic. Portland got completely wrecked, RSL never really challenged us except for the usual braindead moment we have at least once a game.. All in all.. I'll take it!! Sporting KC on Thursday and, if we win, probably FCD on the weekend.. on to the MLS Cup, baby!!!

kaburu repped this.
  7. terrier

terrier Member

May 31, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    YAY!

No snarcasm today, I'm just happy about keeping one playoff streak alive and hopeful about ending another one...

8. Captain_Ski

Captain_Ski Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Bellingham
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Woo Hoo! Cannot believe they made it into the post season... what a season!

9. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hopeful of getting past KC, but Colorado will be a test. I'm with Twellman on moving Roldan back next to Ossie and putting Evans in, but I guess you can't argue with today's results.