Seattle Supporters Clubs

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC Supporters Club' started by KnucklesBuchanan, Nov 15, 2007.

1. koolkeith13

koolkeith13 Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would gladly come to your meeting if it's open to guests. I live just over by Green Lake.

2. SeattleSupporter

Aug 17, 2004
    North Sound Ultra
    You do know that the ECS is an independent supporters group, right.?.?.

I just hope you guys want to make the South end your home, right alongside the ECS.
    What's the point of having a bunch of smaller groups spread out over the stadium? Also, I doubt that the family types will want those kinds of activities going on next to/behind/in front of them.

You guys are more than welcome to attend any of the events that we are setting up over at www.WeAreECS.com

3. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto, and that goes for anyone else on here.

4. kaged27

kaged27 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    the 'Boro
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but there are some of the "family types" who want to be in a supporter's section with less craziness and a better view, but aren't content to just sit for the whole game and clap occassionally. I've met a few people who are into this type of thing and we'd like to be seated around midfield in an environment that can be safe for children but still participate in singing, drumming, card displays, and so forth. Plus for the most part we enjoy actually watching the game too, which becomes more difficult when you throw in the flags and smoke and stuff.

That way the south end could be the Ultras and we'd be able to coordinate some songs and stuff and get more people involved.

I'm slowly working on some ideas to get a group like this organized and will post when ready. Anyone looking for a similar situation or with ideas feel free to contact me.

5. KnucklesBuchanan

Jul 12, 2007
    Section 149
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Word, to all points.

6. SeattleSupporter

Aug 17, 2004
    North Sound Ultra
    I do agree that there needs to be a place for all kinds of fans.
    I think where we get a little confused is when I use the term "supporter".

When I refer to supporters, I am referring to standing/pogoing, singing/chanting for a full 90 minutes, tifo displays, smoke, flags, card displays.
    Some of this stuff would be very difficult to organize on one of the east/west sides.
    The South end is perfect for it.

I really think that all of the standing supporters (ECS or otherwise) should make an effort to locate ourselves in the same part of the stadium for a number of reasons.

7. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jade

best of luck with that supporters group

All I would say is that you guys should group with ECS for numbers sake come gameday. I liked the few ECS dudes I met and I am sticking with them.

8. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More the merrier in the southend, regardless of if you are ECS or in another group. We just need to work together, a la Section 8 Chicago.

Fuzzy, good to meet ya earlier in the week at Kell's... you've got some good ideas and hopefully you'll continue to get involved and help put them into action :cool:

9. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    thats the plan

10. Couverite

Couverite Guest

The Galway Arms is right across from the Emigrant though it's more "Irish-owned" than "Irish pub." That might be the one you're thinking of.

Ahh, U District fuzzy memories. :p

11. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    perfect!

i just want the south end to be heard in queen anne. That's my objective. Granted it will take years.

12. SeattleSupporter

Aug 17, 2004
    North Sound Ultra

Metro, carpool....there are ways to get there.

This group really should come out to as many matches as they can in 2008.
    You don't want to be labeled "MLS glory hunters" like your friends in Philly, do you?
    Let's make the last season in the USL-1 one to remember!

13. MintyDude

MintyDude Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Seattle/Bellingham
    damn i can't get into any of these bars, they all card.

If any1 is meeting in the U district, I know of a place doesn't check ID's as much... for my sake.

14. YukataNinja

YukataNinja New Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I'm moving out to Seattle in March and bought tickets the day the team was announced. I look forward to joining you all in the south end of the stadium for a good time.

15. koolkeith13

koolkeith13 Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I meant to reply to this Minty - what bar can you go to? I live three mintues from the UDist by car. I would totally be up for hanging any time.

16. SeattleSupporter

Aug 17, 2004
    North Sound Ultra
    Welcome to the party YukataNinja! :cool:

17. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im down tooo

people btw show up at 7 pm tomorrow at spitfire for pub crawl.

18. KnucklesBuchanan

Jul 12, 2007
    Section 149
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Spitfire is a little too new for me to know what or where it is. Ah. Just Googled it. It's the freaking Sit and Spin.

19. MintyDude

MintyDude Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Seattle/Bellingham
    I've never been carded at Smokin' Dicks. I didn't wanna say their name online but I don't think it'll matter too much.

20. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or you can just dye your hair grey. That'd probably work too.

21. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please tell me Smokin Dick's isn't a gay club...........
    I hope it's not next to the White Swallow :eek:

not insinuating anything Minty.......

22. MintyDude

MintyDude Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Seattle/Bellingham
    Haha no it's not a gay bar, as far as I can tell. I think it's a reference to their food?

23. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    minty,

do you live in bellingham or seattle?

how many people could you muster up from bellingham? I know soccer is huge up there...I played in the summer league at that 12 Field soccer complex. Just curious.

24. MintyDude

MintyDude Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Seattle/Bellingham
    I live in Seattle, but my mom lives in B'ham, and I grew up in B'ham playing soccer at that 12 field soccer complex (northwest fields). One of my best buddies has already gone in on season tix, and I know another who is too.

I don't know what sort of organizing I could do within the city... but soccer is by far the most played sport here and I'm sure there will be a load of people coming down for the games.

If I spend summers at my moms house, I'd be up for organizing a greyhound trip down for all the games and whatnot, I'm sure it'd sell out.

25. 136 Mental Ward

136 Mental Ward New Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Hostile City Atoms est. 2010