Season 31 Outlook

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by mcfarljd, Nov 21, 2006.

1. mcfarljd

mcfarljd New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    V.73 is staying relatively the same, with both the 5/6 teams getting bots for qualifiers.

1. Devilish Demons - 183 avg hatstats, 203 high. JMEN (IV.18) - 218 avg hatstats, 251 high.
    2. PSP Argyll - 205 avg, 230 high
    3. Naughtydevils - 188 avg, 230 high
    4. Five Dollar Beliefs - 156 avg, 178 high
    5. Revere's Midnight Riders - 140 avg, 174 high
    6. The Goose Turkeys - 155 avg, 175 high
    7. Raging Pirates (VI.877) - 124 avg, 169 high
    8. Cascadia FC (VI.619) - 112 avg, 124 high

The 7/8 teams are misleading since they both came out of a bot series, while the 6 team got lucky with a new team being placed into our division and barely sneaking into the last qualification spot. I see Cascadia falling back down while Goose/Raging fight over the 6/7 spots. Seems to be a 4 tier conference this next season (1-Devilish, PSP. 2-Naughty, FDB, Revere's. 3- Goose, Raging. 4- Cascadia)

2. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I'll wait for qualifiers to come through before I do a real workup, but I know it's going to be a dogfight in my series, IV.20. Really, before taking reinforcements (planning on some for my side, at least) into account, I feel like literally anyone could win the series.

3. fcsg

fcsg New Member

Apr 22, 2005
    The dominator of my series is gone and replaced with a weaker team, but the two promotees are better than the demoted teams. It will be a season with a totally unclear outcome, I could finish anywhere from 2nd to 7th (rather in the lower half).

4. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dang. Why couldn't I have landed in your series instead of V.getyourbuttbackinVI?

5. fcsg

fcsg New Member

Apr 22, 2005
    This is what I'm facing with D.VI sponsor money (max HS per team):

1 The old Hoppers 262
    2 panaschinaikos 214
    3 marde 202
    4 FC Holzöpfel 195
    5 FC Sven 04 193
    6 tRampeltier rOyal 191
    7 Pattons United 184
    8 A.C.Lillo 150

It sucks to realize that I could easily survive in a US D.V but am fighting against demotion in a D.VI here instead...

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can't give an outlook until qualifiers are done cause I don't know where I'll be.

7. mcfarljd

mcfarljd New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    apparently its the 98th ranked V series according to hatstats (87th on akickku), would have been higher but a team averaging 206 left and was replaced with a team that averaged 62 the last 4 weeks. so if that team would have stayed it would have been 55th on hatstats.

my old series is ranked worse than that at 122 (V.127)

8. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    mine was around #50th overall in V. Doesn't look like it'll get much easier next season, but I'm having fun with the competition so I don't care.

9. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    I could come in anywhere from 1st to third depending on the other teams. 1st beat me by one point this season, but on the off chance that a couple teams get a clue, I could be in trouble as they have much more money than me. I counting on doing well though and have gone in debt expanding the stadium. I'm planning on switching from pm to scoring training at the end of next season, and if I don't go up to V after this one, I'm sure I will autopromote the one after that. I'm the only pm trainer in my series, and my fear is that one of the richer teams will buy a good midfield for this season.

10. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    V.47 is ranked in the middle of the V's. Most of the teams seem to have been much stronger than me at the beginning of the season but several tailed off significantly or were abandoned by the end. I don't really know how good my team is because playing in a bot VI allowed me to pic every game and use stupid lineups and formations, but I'm pretty sure I'll stay up at least.

I'm sitting on 2m and could use reinforcements, especially up front, but I'll need 3.4m to change a player into a coach around Christmas. I should raise some good cash with trainee sales by midseason, so I'll decide what to do once the fixture list comes out. I'd like to make a round 4 cup run, and if I play userless teams early in the series I may be able to, but staying up and getting my coach are the main priorities right now.

11. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do you need so much to convert? Are you getting an Excellent trainer?

That wouldn't be a good financial investment in the current market, IMO. Just convert to a Solid trainer at about 775K max and use the rest for team upgrades.

12. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    Are you saying that because the prices are low the saved training time isn't worth the expense of an excellent trainer? I got the sense that hattrick was trying to push the market back up again with the changes to agent fees and such. Do you expect it to stay low for a long time?

13. fcsg

fcsg New Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Certainly low enough that an excellent trainer doesn't pay off. It wasn't even worth the money a couple of seasons ago when the prices were much higher.

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well I'll be in IV.38, I'll get an outlook posted tomorrow.

15. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    V.233 is untouched.

hump-a-lumpa and FC Midlothian replace the bottom two teams, that's it.

Both dominated their VI divisions, but like every team that comes up, won't stand a chance against us. I'm going to try to repeat but I'll need to make some defensive/midfield upgrades if I'm going to top Titan and Soro again this year. KalevKEK should be tougher too, and Black Hawks is always an unknown quantity, so it'll be another tough competative season next year.

16. mcfarljd

mcfarljd New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    V.73 had a WTF qualification match tonight and accepts a demotee from IV now.

17. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    V.20 finished 23rd in series strength with an average rating of 175.7 thanks in no small part to retrievers average of over 250 while they ran the table.

Season 31 should be very interesting. Retrievers are gone but the autodemotee (Indos) from IV is active, averaged over 200 last season, and probably has a decent bankroll. One of the autopromotees is going right back down to VI for sure but the other, Chupa Chupa L.B (formerly InsertCoin F.C.), has been around since season 18 and averaged over 170 last season in an all bot series. Including Chupa and Indos, 7 of the 8 teams in the series have topped the 195 hatstat mark. At this point it's pointless to try to pick a league winner and the 7th place team, if Indos have some serious cash they're the favorites but I doubt anyone will autopromote.

I was hoping to tank the league at the beginning of the season and go for a good cup run, but if I do that I'll autodemote.

18. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I dare say this is finally the yr I leave v.52 after 13 seasons....the div was #1 two seasons ago but 37th this past yr and sliding. The bottom 3 teams are crap, the IV demotee averages around 190 HS (I'm around 220) but seems very basic tactically, has a wretched leadership coach and other problems.

I remain ahead of two other long time div foes and the #2 schedule suits me well. Looking to autopromote finally after switching training last season, which prob cost me a real shot at promoting.

19. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't look good for me, having landed in a pretty deep V.242.

4 teams are averaging well about 200 Hatstats.

Of the bottom 4, my 130 or so looks weak against averages around 140, 160, and 180.

I do have the money to improve 3 non-training slots and perhaps upgrade a wingback trainee.

I'm really shooting for 6th place. I think I may have a shot if I can win the tactical battle when I need to...

20. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have a 220-230 avg team dropping from IV. Promotees include a bot who reset after qualifiers on Sunday and a 120+ team.

The top half become considerably stronger with the switch as our promotee was topping out at 210 max with his team.

Looks like a tougher battle this season.

21. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I only lose to ML teams, so I expect to have a good season in DIV.

22. BattalionFC

BattalionFC New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    The seasons looking bleak already... not only did I get relegated but Im stuck in another division with a bunch of boring managers. They all (every freakin one of them if you can believe it) belong to that snobbish b.o.t federation you see around from time to time, I think theyre giving me the cold shoulder in the conference because Im not one of them. Looks like breaking the ice is going to be tough, cant wait for next season already, .

23. Nyghtewynd

Nyghtewynd I'd Rather Walk Alone

May 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Say something derogatory about their mother. That'll do it.

24. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    newbie here, just finised my second season in division VI, how do i find out the stats in my division?

25. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://usa.hatstats.info/

Type in VI.XXX in the Search area.

Lots o' info at your fingertips...