Sean Davis training with RB Leipzig

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Gorky, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
  2. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Perhaps it will be a double swoop for Marsch and Adams?

3. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those that don't click through the story ends with:

"One source told Metro that Adams could potentially go on loan once he joins Leipzig. One landing spot appears to be Red Bull Salzburg, which would potentially take the player on loan."

It also says the move could either happen this summer or in the winter.

4. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Keita leaving it makes perfect sense for RBL to cast their eyes on Adams. He's a different player than Keita but could fit that two-way midflieder/D-mid role. If - let's say he signs and goes on loan to RBS - he'd compete with the like of Diadie Samassekou, who I thought was pretty damn good in RBS's Europa League semifinal loss to eventually champs Marseilles. Nonetheless, I don't think Adams could be wrong moving to either sister club. Eruope beckons and the sooner the better for Adams.

Gacm32, TheFalseNine and largegarlic repped this.
  5. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Not really. If he moves to Europe and sits on the bench, that is not helpful at all. If it’s a situation where he’s a regular, that’s different.

6. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    Yeah, every time I've seen Adams play with RBNY since maybe September of last year, my impression is, "Well, he's outgrown MLS and won't be here much longer." It would be stupid for RB to let him go to a competitor, so I think a purchase by Leipzig with a loan to Salzburg makes perfect sense. Since it's all in-house, maybe they even do RBNY a solid and let him stay until the end of this MLS season.

Deadtigers repped this.
  7. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t think he needs a loan. Just by being in the first team should get him regular minutes throughout the year. Maybe that’s a little too optimistic, but the kid not that far behind McKennie in my eyes and already has been key player at a professional club.

uniteo repped this.
  8. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #59 ArsenalMetro, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
    I really don't want him to move until the winter, but he's more than ready to go to Leipzig now.

I'll be disappointed if he goes on loan to Salzburg, because I'm not sure the standard of play in the O. Bundesliga is any better than that in MLS. Salzburg is (probably?) better than New York, but I'm not sure the regular league opposition is.

I agree with @neems in his assessment of Adams. He's capable of being, at minimum, a rotation player in a Big 4 league tomorrow.

9. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Duh. That's obvious and I ageee. However, I made my statement with the idea and belief that he will play. Would he be a 90 minute guy every week for RBL or RBS? I don't know but I am confident Adams can be a part of the rotation and get plenty of minutes to continue his development.

10. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    At every level Adams was at you knew he would move up to the next level quickly. From Academy to RB2, from RB2 to RBNY and from RBNY to Europe. I would appreciate RBL buying him in the summer and loaning him to RBNY until end of playoffs then he can go to Europe and work his way into starter by seasons end.

USSoccerNova repped this.
  11. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    He’s not ready for Leipzig yet, but who knows how he matures over the course of this season.

Watching him against Atlanta now and he’s been a bit south of mediocre against quality players.

Of course against weaker quality he’s looked like a great prospect.

If Marsh stays I think Adams should stay until the end of the season.

Gacm32 repped this.
  12. sakibomb523

sakibomb523 Member+

Oct 13, 2009
    Orange County
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Salzburg will definitely be in either the Champions League or Europa League. And they do decent in the competition. Not the worst loan location. Plus he'll go to a team that's expected to win the league

13. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    They sometimes do well. Other times they get knocked out of the Champions League by Malmo (Sweden) and then the Europa League by Dinamo Minsk (Belarus).

Hell, even this year, when they made their crazy semifinal run in the Europa League, they kicked off their European campaign by getting knocked out of the Champions League by a Croatian team.

Regardless, their league competition is kind of trash. Including this season, Salzburg has won the league 9 times in 12 years, and it has rarely been close. If they're not slugging it out in the later stages of European competition (and odds are that they won't be next season), Salzburg isn't a good place for a loan.

I stand by what I said.

frankburgers and neems repped this.
  14. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quite a bit better based on what I saw of their Europa games.

If Adams goes there then my guess is that it will be to take the place of Haidara, who should have some big suitors this summer.

15. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Salzburg is substantially better than ANY MLS side. They would be runaway winners if they were in the league.

16. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Great. The rest of the league isn't. That's my point.

WheezingUSASupport and frankburgers repped this.
  17. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I was addressing your insinuation that Salzburg might only marginally be better than NYRB or the rest of the league. Not your assertion that the quality of the two leagues is probably similar.

18. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That wasn't my insinuation. I didn't watch Salzburg enough this year to make a judgment, but I have seen enough Austrian teams historically to make a league-wide judgment.

19. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    I think we can agree that Adams going to Salzburg would be bad for his development compared to him staying in MLS.

20. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe. However, but I don't know if we can say that with certainty. RBS is producing and moving talent on RBL and elsewhere. So can we really say it could/would stunt Adams' growth? It's debatable. I really don't know the answer.

TarHeels17 and Winoman repped this.
  21. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A preseason with the new club makes far more sense for both player and club than a midseason winter transfer.

22. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    We know that but as RBNY fans we rather not lose him til after the season. It is pure selfish reasons.

23. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grain of salt and all that. But...

Deadtigers repped this.
  24. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Is there any reason that this thread is in the Academy forum?

Deadtigers and WheezingUSASupport repped this.