Se Queda - The Other Teams Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Aug 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    If I'm not mistaken, @4x4s is based in Germany. I appreciate the different perspective. When I listen through the US commentators and pundits, James can never do anything wrong. Kinda like Chicharito Pele... err.. I mean Hernandez. You'll never get an unbiased opinion of these players while living in the US unless you actively seek it out. Probably same in Colombia I would guess (in the case of James).

And yeah, Robben is a sour-puss but he was still MoTM last night. He's not done yet.

natenate101 repped this.
  2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Great to see Morata scoring goals. The first two were amazing. EPL defending though.. Wowzers. If Morata is burning you like that with pace you need to hand in your resignation.

temesgen and natenate101 repped this.
  3. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I go mostly by what I read off Bayern forums online. @4x4s seems to have a serious anti Carlo bias and James seems to be thrown in with Carlo.

Truth is very little can be said of James. Just came back from injury and player well in his only 2 starts. So far the consensus is that he's doing well.

4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I don't think that's the general consensus Mezzy and I am no James hater. He's had one great game but other than that he has not "delivered" or "proven" anything at Bayern yet. Now the reasons can be discussed but that's not the conversation here.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He's decievingly fast. So glad to see him doing well. He deserves it

temesgen, Lyra, Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  7. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'll give those idiots credit when they do something in Champions

Chinky24, Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not proven anything for sure, but too early to judge. I think he's had 5 games. Did great the 2 starts, not much time in the other 3.

Ribery on the other hand has been pretty poor and has shown a pretty crappy attitude

Deep Pal and Shay Z repped this.
  9. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Coman has been better than Ribery. Frenchman has been horrendous. He's the goat in his own eyes.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #1135 robnycus, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    I think so too. Muller and James seems to blend in well together from what I've seen. Coman can eventually take a more important role this season.
    From what I hear most people are getting tired of Robben and Ribery with their petulant behaviour which will make it easier for Carlo to bench them.
    These guys are really good but they are also 34 years old. Also their attitude on the pitch and lack of workrate leaves a lot to be desired.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    They are good but they focus so much on attack that they forget about defending.

12. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #1137 robnycus, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    The other 2 not 3 if I remember correctly. In one he played 15 mins and in the other 5.
    His only two starts this season he's been very good.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    The general consensus according to who?
    Two starts and two subs.. one 15 mins and the other 5min

14. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Actually as per the comments I read on reddit, Eric Wynalda is the Fox sports commentator on The Bundi league here in US and he is always bashing James- he actually said that the goal that James scored on his debut will be his only goal for Bayern this season and then later James goes and delivers that fantastic assist for Vidal for the 3rd goal.. lol
    James gets a lot of hate from some people for no reason actually and yes, even here in the US. Is funny.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. Adder

Adder Red Card

Sep 1, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Biased butthurt criticism is not "different perspective".

Two wrongs don't make a right. By your logic, once you get tired of listening to Trump, you go to Kim Jong Un to appreciate his different perspective. :rolleyes:

robnycus repped this.
  16. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Why wouldn't you listen to Kim Jong Un if you are trying to understand US-North Korea relations? I think there are some extremely bright people in the US government whose primary job is to do that.

Ahmadi8, Deep Pal, AriGold and 2 others repped this.
  17. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's the EPL, the games are close and anything can happen.

Meanwhile the top 3 -that have become semi-decent sides for a change- have been 4-0 or something like that on average. Imagine them becoming actual top sides.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The guy that sits next to me at work is a Bayern season ticket holder for way over a decade.
    Every Bayern fan i talked to when they signed James was like "meh, it's a loan, can't go wrong with that", while on the internet people write that he's going to take over.

James is neither having a good or a bad season so far. It's like looking at Mayoral's performance against La Real at San Sebastian and drawing a conclusion from it.

Bayern were pretty close to signing Draxler this summer from what i've heard (Hoeneß even said that they discussed this officially in board meetings), and from what i can tell, they'll surely hit PSG with an offer next season depending on how the Ribery/Robben contracts works out.

19. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    James has played well when given the chance. Nobody's saying he's proven anything because the season literally just started and he's been injured, but he hasn't really put a foot wrong yet, so fans are going off of what they've seen, which has been good.

robnycus, J-Mezzy and fierro repped this.
  20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Getafe 4 - 0 Villarreal

Both Getafe and Levante look pretty good for promoted teams.

Shay Z and Oscar repped this.
  21. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^Absolutely, these posters coming after James just sound bitter. Can't be compared with Mayoral because James has already proven himself capable of performing at a consistently world class level; but, he has to at least play and wasn't given that opportunity after his first season here while injuries have prevented him from featuring prominantly so far at Bayern.

Some cautioning that Bale should be given time to play himself into form but James is supposed to have the Golden Boot wrapped up by Oktoberfest or he's a failed completely on a two year loan.

Stiliyan repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Talk about having an agenda.

By the way, the Oktoberfest is already underway.

23. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not sure what is going on with Villarreal's form right now, wildly inconsistent.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Sociedad - Valencia was a great match, but it deserved better refereeing in my opinion.

temesgen repped this.
  25. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Is only 4x4 who will, from the looks of it, start turning every james post here from now on onto a negative.
    When Draxler someday makes it to bayern and james is gone, perhaps we can talk about him?