News: Screw you Lucy - Buzzard Point Stadium News Thread

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by morrissey, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talk about skunky beer...

2. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    1. Do like Meroscum fans have done for years with their underwear just turn them inside out and you're fresh for another week
    2. It rains so much in Seattle an umbrella growing out of the non dominant arm is an evolutionary adaptation

DecadeOfDCU26 repped this.
  3. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP ;)

4. Adler

Adler Member+

Aug 20, 2003
    das Schloss Adler
    Club:
    DC United
    Some years ago when the plans for Audi Field were still being finalized*, I verbally floated a trial balloon that the "new stadium" should feature GSA-approved key-opp lockers within a secured and locked-off area where Fed employees/contractors** could bring and lock-up their Gov-issued laptops, etc. That would be a feature perhaps unique to DC area MLS fans, and rightly so.
    Too late now.

* i.e., downgraded with every new iteration

** of course, for such a fanbase, a well-designed, DCU logoed, work ID lanyard would be a particularly thoughtful and highly practical STH-renewal door prize. Hmmm, I guess *that's* why it never happened.

D C B 2 3, xbhaskarx and sitruc repped this.
  5. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    You must be psychic;).

6. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Meanwhile the Minnesota broadcast in Orlando started talking about the wall of supporters and fans and then how the Minnesota stadium will feature an even larger 2,800 person wall.

7. GumbyG

GumbyG Member+

DC United
    Mar 22, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, Seattle didn't claim this one?

majspike, DecadeOfDCU26 and Winoman repped this.
  8. asitis

asitis Member+

Mar 30, 2005
    Charlottesville
    Well they had to as they also invented rain. It was back in the old NASL days.
    I'm sure all the older fans remember how dry it used to be.

asitis

DecadeOfDCU26 repped this.
  9. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was in Orlando last week, they had the clear bag policy. I am in Atlanta now and I believe it's the same. Then there are the f***ing mobile tickets, Orlando had that, although I managed to get a paper one (looked like a movie ticket); in Atlanta same thing, tomorrow I have to go to the ticket office and see what they can do. I have been told AF is going to be the same, only mobile tickets, we'll see; in the meantime I received paper tickets for the Germantown match - but it ain't at AF.

Winoman repped this.
  10. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Hope the games are worth he hassle

11. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    I think we are headed to Park Bar to pregame if you wanna join.

Yeah mobile tickets suck. I have to email them individually instead of just print and hand out. I hate this crap. AF going to this is BS

12. Terpitude

Terpitude Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Club:
    DC United
    Construction must be on schedule, because there's no one working today on a beautiful day.

Winoman and BassNFool repped this.
  13. D C B 2 3

D C B 2 3 Member+

Nov 18, 2007
    VA
    Yep, I was down there after an errand in the city and not a soul in sight.

East stand is really taking shape but I have to say, looking at the totality of it all four months feels like a very short window to have this thing ready for occupancy.

14. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    EVERYBODY is going to this. I don't like, nor do my fellow tailgaters. Two of us have 5 season tickets between us but cover for up to 8 people. We are OK this season because not all of us would be able to get to all the games in a compressed Home schedule. But passing around electronic tickets from one internet-challenged owner to others even more challenged will be kinda tough.

Like I said, I don't like it. BUT. EVERYBODY is going to this.

15. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. I haven't had paper tickets from the Nats or the Caps for my partial season plans with them for years.

16. asitis

asitis Member+

Mar 30, 2005
    Charlottesville
    In the run up to seat selection, I was told that there would be a paper option (for a fee, of course) for those who did not have a phone capable of producing (reproducing?) a ticket. But I was told a number of things that proved not to be true during that period. We'll see if I have to add that bit of info to the untrue list. :(
    Sigh. . .

asitis

fatbastard repped this.
  17. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Did season ticket holders get anything this season?

18. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not yet for me

19. asitis

asitis Member+

Mar 30, 2005
    Charlottesville
    Do emails count?
    I didn't get anything.

asitis

20. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm not sure I even get e-mails anymore.

21. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't received anything yet. NOTHING.

fatbastard repped this.
  22. United1

United1 Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    After today’s game I have only one thought:

I can’t wait to suck at home, too!

23. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Not only was I swarmed by birds today, I survived a dust devil. I didn't take photos in one location EOTR because the crows moved out there due to gentrification. I tried to scare them away and even approached from a different direction than normal, but then I saw some very clean large bones. The area where the barges go is for the birds now.

Winoman and GumbyG repped this.
  24. United1

United1 Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I do get phone calls from new team reps replacing my old rep. I never call them back because I know they will be gone in another month or two.

GlennAA11 repped this.
  25. ejs1111

ejs1111 Member

Aston Villa | DC United
    Mar 1, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    Does anyone know why the top level of the East Stand has such large openings in the middle sections? I'm looking at the webcam images and it is really odd. The outside sections have a typical stairwell opening to maximize seating quantity...

Then the middle 4-5 sections have really large stairwell openings, which obviously reduces seating quantities in those sections. Is it for ADA seating? Standing room only? It just seems like a wasted opportunity to add another 100 seats back into the stadium.