Scouting/consultancy

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Steef, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Steef

Steef New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Big Soccer-members,

After having scouted in North/Middle/South America for Feyenoord Rotterdam and Essel Sports Management, I'm now setting up my own scouting/consultancy business.

For now my office'll be located in Amsterdam, but the problem is that Argentinian, Mexican, US, Mexican and Libertadores games are not transmitted here. Therefore, I need some (paid) help.

What I'm looking for is someone (or more people) who know how to burn televised games onto DVD and then can ship them over to Amsterdam. Of course, all expenses will be covered, and I'll pay $7.50 per DVD. That can make someone a nice buck, as I'll need as many games as possible.

The only thing I ask is for the DVD's to be of good quality, internationally playable and also copyable.

Those interested, please send me a private message and we'll take it from there.

Cheers,
    Steven

2. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Do scouts really work this way? I doubt it.

3. Steef

Steef New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Well, certainly most of them don't. That's why I believe in my business. All I want to do is see as many games as I can and also have a clear archive. So I can always go back and look at a player again.
    This way I can also present a whole range of DVD's to a club, in order for them to get interested in a certain player.

The normal procedure is that you tell/e-mail a name of player (w/ age, height, weight etc. etc.) to your GM, then arrange DVD-material, discuss the player during a staff meeting and then fly out to seem him 'live' if everyone thinks he could be an asset to the the squad.

All I'm trying to do is being able to present images at the same time that I pass on a name. That speeds up the process, which is crucial.

4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ohhh, I see.. Smart idea. :rolleyes:

5. Steef

Steef New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Hmm, didnt even think of that possibility. But no. I also don't think anyone would pay for soccer DVD's, unless it was for professional use.

Who the hell is going to pay $7.50 for Atletico Nacional - Palmeiras, for example? Just me.

6. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Atletico Nacional - Palmeiras????
    I offer $8.50

plus breakfast at Taco Bell

7. Steef

Steef New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Come on people, keep it serious. This is important to me.

8. Felipe Martin

Felipe Martin New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    I have a wide range of soccer matches from mostly every South-American leagues, Copa Sudamericana, Libertadores Cup and Mexican league. Also, fom Europe: Scandinavian leagues, Romania, Austria, Turkey, Serbia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Russia, Slovenia...

Send me a Private Message with your email.

9. Corintiano

Corintiano New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Brazil
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What about brazilian league?

10. Manyaraña Recargado

Jan 9, 2006
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    how many games per dvd.one or as many as the format support?
    that's crucial :D

11. Steef

Steef New Member

Jan 30, 2006

One is fine. I don't mind paying money, as long as it's good quality. And Brazilian league yes, but the Estaduais, no. Well, maybe some big team match-ups at the end op the championships.

12. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Okay so....

1. Only BIG teams
    2. Only ONE match per game
    3. Must be GOOD-GREAT quality
    :rolleyes:

Gee, if you guys can't figure him out, then go back to 2nd grade :p

13. Steef

Steef New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Come on man, gimme a break.

I was talking about the Brazilian games. I really don't need to see Volta Redonda - Cabofiriense.

Once the Brazilian national league starts, I'll want to see as many games as possible.

But you don't need to help me, Farfan17. Thank God other people are willing to help out.

And if people want to put more games on a DVD, great! Better for me! But I don't think it would be fair to them financially.

14. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    Can't be a good scout if you are doing things this way.

I bet anything that I'm better than you.

15. Manyaraña Recargado

Jan 9, 2006
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    i think is better this way than to have only a bunch of plays edited to show

16. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    I was just messing him.
    But I'm saying that because I think it's a waist of time to be watching a bunch of games from everywhere.

I'm going to say this because I'm not doing scouting
    To me, the best way is to do some extensive research and find a few good markets to work with (For scouting for teams that are not rich)

If I was a scout, without I doubt I would get in contact with CaracasFC

Why?
    - Venezuela is a new market
    - Venezuela is a cheap/underrated market
    - CaracasFC is the only team in 1st division in Caracas, a city with 4 million people with several cities around without teams in 1st division. This gives CaracasFC a huge market to find players without much competition.
    - CaracasFC is clearly the team in Venezuela with the best lower division teams. About a year ago they were U-17 champions, U-20 champions & 1st division champions.
    - CaracasFC was the team with the most players in Venezuela's U-20 team.

What I would do is contact CaracasFC and tell them to send me videos of their 1st division team and their U-20 team playing.

That's just what I would do.

17. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    No news from Steef?

18. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    No,
    but 1 year after I said that about CaracasFC they beat RiverPlate in Buenos Aires and are leaders in one of the toughest group in the tournament.

19. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    And how many of the under 17 and 20 play now?

20. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Let me go and find out.

21. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    From the previous U-20 tournament (of the top of my head)
    This are all players that played for Caracas U-20 team:
    - Alejandro Guerra: One of the best players in CaracasFC and a starter in the national team.
    - Paul Ramirez: Was signed by Udinese, was given on loan to Ascoli of Seria "A" but had a liver illness that kept him off the field for a year and is now back in Caracas
    - Luis Manuel Seijas: Was signed by Banfield in Argentina, played some with their "B" team, then played some in 1st division, had a bad knee injury, went back and played some again in 1st division and their "B" team.
    Now has been signed by Guarani (Paraguay) requested by his ex-coach in Banfield.

In the last U-20 tournament, the best player from Venezuela was a defensive right winger (Rosales) that the argentinian narrators said: "Rosales is without a doubt the best player of Venezuela and one of the best of the tournament"

Right now he plays in CaracasFC "B" in 2nd division.

22. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Udinese has excellent SudAm scouts, that does say a lot :)

23. FluFla

FluFla New Member

Oct 23, 2007
    Could it be possible for the same people who contacted Steef to contact me as well? I'm very interested in receiving DVD's in the near future and on a regular basis. Just send me a private message and we'll discuss business from there.

Also, perhaps anyone here knows about a professional business which deals in DVD's of South-American football? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.