Scottish Football - Sell Out Saturday

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by frasermc, Jul 16, 2012.

1. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    http://theawayend.net/articles/features/1182-sell-out-saturday-in-the-scottish-premier-league

Never thought I'd write this but well done to the Aberdeen fans for starting this off.

We can go on and on about the wrongdoings in this country but without that kick up the arse we may never have gotten out of the black hole we were in. We may not still but at least the passion from the fans for the game seems to be returning and with a big enough push it may help a lot of clubs through the hard times which are facing them.

It may only be a small step but I can't help feeling it's a hell of an important one.

2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is Celtic not playing a league fixture that day? I realize they're going to be here in the States but it seems odd that they would have a bye to schedule a friendly. Or were they given the bye because of the friendly?

3. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Didn't some rule change go through that let SPL clubs postpone a couple of fixtures for friendlies? Principally just so the OF could ******** around with the fixture list to make a few extra pounds playing in America etc. That would be one of the first things I'd be getting rid of now that Rangers aren't around to veto it.

4. Pedro's greasy do

Nov 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    For the first time since I moved away I am considering a season ticket. Anything's better than paying a fortune to go and watch f3cknig Arsenal who I've developed a really unhealthy dislike for.

5. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    If I was a Rangers fan, I'd actually be looking really forward to this.

6. C-bus

C-bus Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know about that. Due to summer friendlies US fans such as myself are made aware of the SPL. I now follow the league on Foxsoccer2go online.

Also, I was saddened to see so many empty seats for the Hearts/Hibs game. How much does it cost to see a game in the SPL?