Scott Sealy Should Start for T&T

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by Autogolazo, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    As I look back across 6 games that T&T has played so far in the Hex, I count exactly ONE goal scored by a T&T forward--Stern John off a partial deflection against Panama.

That's it--one goal in six games scored by a forward for T&T.

That's an absolutely atrocious strike rate up top.

It's bad enough that they've only had 4 goals total.

At this point, I'd think Scott Sealy could give them a goal or two that could put them in contention for that 4th spot. Panama is practically out of it. Guatemala is next up in Port of Spain. They're the direct rival for that spot. Sealy is setting MLS on fire with timely, if not spectacular, goals with the Wizards.

The man deserves to start for T&T.

2. BBC_

BBC_ Member

Jan 5, 2005
    London
    Jones & John. my picks

3. SetPeace

SetPeace Member+

Jun 22, 2004
    SC Illinois
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read where Scott Sealy has been called into the T & T camp for their upcoming WCQ against Guatemala. I hope it translates into good things for the SoccaWarriors. I've predicted 3 teams with 7 points and Panama with 5 after this Saturday's qualifiers (but I'm a sentamentalist who likes crazy WCQ finishes :D)!

4. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    thats because the rest of the team is not good enough to give him good passes or set him up for goal opportunities. Is not his fault, one guy cant control the whole team.
    ;)

5. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    KENWYN JONES

He's the man who can bang home the goals. In all honesty Stern John has been stinking up front for us, he can complain bout service but the service ain't that bad, his finishing has been atrocious though!!!

6. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Kenwyne Jones is out injured for both games.

News from the 29th of August 2005.
    Scotland called up to replace injured Jones.
    By: Shaun Fuentes.

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Leo Beenhakker has called up Scottish-based striker Jason Scotland to join the squad as a replacement for Southampton’s Kenwyne Jones who damaged his ankle on Saturday and has been ruled out of the upcoming 2006 World Cup qualifier against Guatemala.
    Jones suffered the injury in Southampton’s 2-0 win over Crewe Alexandra and is expected to be out for up to two weeks.

Even more reason Scott Sealy should get the nod.

7. BBC_

BBC_ Member

Jan 5, 2005
    London
    Sealy & John Then!