Scorpyn's Scanner

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by Scorpyn78, May 10, 2010.

1. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Download Count: 85

Anyone who ends up buying final ticket through the scanner should consider himself very lucky. The probability is getting lesser with this continuous increase in number of ppl using the scanner.

FIFA released around 10 tickets for the final couple of days ago. They were snatched in a few seconds. If they release round about the same amount again, it will all come down to your net speed and how agressively you are scanning (Multiple instances, multiple computers, scanning singles etc.). I can't wait for them to release a few more and see how the scanner behaves. Good luck to you all.

2. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Scorpyn out of interest which country do you come from.

Though I have no need to use yours or Sleeper in 2006 marvelous tool I have to say I get as much pleasure seeing other real fans getting what they want especially when we have all had to jump through so many hoops this time around.

3. Nailsea Hammer

Nailsea Hammer New Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I'm not using it either as I do not need any more tickets but I am slightly worried that all these people scanning simultaneously could alert someone in the ticket centre? and does 74 downloads mean 74 installs or has anyone given it to their mate for 'multi-scan'? and I wonder if there are competing scanners out there...

PS. I really do hope everyone gets the tickets they need through scorpy-scan!

4. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Wish i am not camping now, have to rely on free wifi to log on to internet, hope no final tickets release till i get back:D

5. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am from Pakistan but living and working in Saudi Arabia.

And...

I am not a terrorist!

I agree. It's really good to see people celebrating when they get what they are looking for. This was one of the motivations behind developing this application. I was sick of FIFA playing games with the fans the way they were being so deceptive and greedy about the whole ticket sales process. Anyway, let's hope they still have a few tickets to give away specially for the final match. I don't want to see any disgruntled people (specially the regulars in the forum) going all the way to South Africa without getting a chance to see that elusive final.

6. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe next time you can do one involving Hotels so the tossers at MATCH don't muck that up again!

7. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I did think about this point when releasing the application. I hope FIFA doesn't mind people being so tenacious about getting tickets. Infact, FIFA should be pleased that people are still trying so hard in spite of the mess they have created hoping to maximize their profit.

85 downloads mean atleast a 100 scanners continuously hitting the site. I hope they don't notice it. Did FIFA try to do anything to block sleeper's browser in 2006?

8. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't think FIFA really care at this stage. They don't want touts to mop up but then the demand will not be that great for black market tickets. With the demand way higher for Germany I think he did moderate it a couple of times but as much so many people starting using it it became almost useless.

9. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009

Aye, maybe take it down now Scorpyn. Al the old timers here will have it. Don't wnat touts hearing about it and abusing it.

10. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    I tend to agree with this!!! :D
    Maybe you could remove open access and now just make it available to regular contributors if they email you?

FIFA used robot codes in 2006. e.g.:
    pebre
    f4z8n
    khcwc
    jgjhn
    zhugx
    HgZp3
    wtlka

They started with a limited number but then extended the list significantly when they realised that people were using the software

11. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Limited access

Alright. I like this suggestion and so I have removed the open access. If anyone wants to get the scanner, PM me for the link.

Just so you guys know, last download count was: 105

Anyone who already has the scanner is free to distribute it though. But remember, more ppl using it means less chances of you getting that ticket!

12. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Re: Limited access

Nice one Scorpyn. People should avoid handing it out at all cost. You give it to 1 the next thing you know half the world has it.

13. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Are you still trying to get tickets for 2006?

14. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon
    That was funny :) And I don't know if I've shared this here: SCORPYN ROCKS :)

So you better understand my happiness, I'm going with my wife on my honey-moon to SA (a bit crazy, I know..), and now we'll have a dream end of those 3 weeks, going to the Final, thanks to magic Scorpyn!

I was one of the 4 original testers when the scanner was being developed, really fun to have participated on that testing process! We just had to mention bugs or potencial improvements & Scorpyn always managed to implement all features.. Magic hands :)

15. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks to that invaluable feedback, there werent any additional requests here except for one cuz I guess people were satisfied with what they got.

I would have felt like a total ass if I couldn't get final tickets using the scanner. I am glad FIFA released a few last week. Perfect timing.

16. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    simply answering the mans question! :D

17. VICM

VICM New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Scorpyn, I think the download links are broken - please could you provide a new one?
    Thanks !

18. lutzno

lutzno New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    its not a mistake...

19. tv20legend

tv20legend New Member

May 19, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    arrrgghh

i'm stuck on a Mac with no PC :(:(

desperate for one ticket for Cape Town semi - can someone please PM me if they see them available on scanner or anything like that?

thanks so much

20. VICM

VICM New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Can I make a suggestion?
    With Sleepers FWCT program last WC a thread was setup that people could subscribe to - alerting them when tickets were identified as being available. Is there an appetite to do this with Scorpyn's scanner & bigsoccer ?

21. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Scorpyn or others will post here and on the "World Cup Ticketing" thread.

22. VICM

VICM New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    I mean having a thread *exclusively* for newly identified 'yellows', to avoid notifications being sent for all tangental posts.

23. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Ah I get it......................erm,....What does "tangental" mean ? ;-)

24. tv20legend

tv20legend New Member

May 19, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    this is a great idea to open a thread that can notify of new yellows - is this possible moderators?

25. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good idea. Go for it. I don't think moderators would mind.