Scoring situation

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by crzdcolombian, Jun 19, 2008.

1. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    ironically enough Czd is almost pushing 30.... I used to blame age to be the excuse for some of his comments but now that he's married with a career, he's no kid! He's so immature and simple minded that it boggles my mind how he's somehow a BU grad, "European" parents, 6'4", works at a Hedge fund, Korean Dr as a wife and yadayada...he's either been fooling us all these years (which would be in tune with all his comments) or he's really not that smart.

J-Mezzy, lvbeto, Cruzifero and 3 others repped this.
  2. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hi guys, I just came back to say
    [​IMG]

J-Mezzy, jay luis and dapip repped this.
  3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm 25.... 26 at the end of the year. My mom is Colombian with italian parents because of WW2... not that uncommon and why get personal?

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

My issue is it feels like older fans want el Pibe and prior results. Our new team is playing better and fighting for shit. Yea they motivated the new guys and open doors but it just feels like the older generation only mentions el Pibe or Higuita. No matter what this team does or the players its just wow Asprilla was better. It also feels like the old team resents this one a bit. Rincon seems like a hater. Yes I hope in 20 years. James is our 100th best player and was so shit that we had 100 better players then him, Yepes and Falcao. But to have another guy win golden boot and carry our NT if we can have 11 James. That would be incredible. Sorry I am too young to see the 90s team I grew up on the bullshit of G10 and Little Mac shitting their pants when it mattered.

Its like talking about Baseball and they just bring up the steroid issue and A-Rod. its like um... Babe Ruth didn't play against Hispanics none of his stats count in my eyes. Its like no one brings up a All White league NBA player because their stats are bullshit too.

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falso . Esta generación es igual de valorada que la otra . Puro delirio de persecución

kromekote repped this.
  6. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In all sports, there all time greats. Just because the game was different decades back, you cannot dismiss what the super stars of the past accomplished. Today we have global coverage, instant access, kids start trainning earlier and earlier, have better diets, better coaches, they are taller, faster, more athletic, etc.

But....

If Maradona, or Pele, or Di Stefano were current day players, they for sure would be all those things. It is a different game but at the same time is the same. The things that made special back then, would for sure make them special in today's game.

On top of that, just think how spoiled today's stars are: Big endorsements, huge salaries, chefs, trainers, drivers, charter planes, the latest medical developments. Back in the day who ever made it to the pros had to make it despite all the obstacles, low pay, no money, long trips in bus, playing injured, etc, etc. Don't disrespect the old glories man.

kromekote, J-Mezzy, lvbeto and 1 other person repped this.
  7. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Huh?
    [​IMG]

Anyway, just because it "feels" like that to you doesn't mean is true.

People say that? Which people? I know people say that Asprilla was phenomenal when he wanted to be, which he was, but I don't see anyone comparing him to present players.

Again, your feelings are not facts.

[/QUOTE]

kromekote, jay luis, dapip and 1 other person repped this.
  8. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

ryu79, J-Mezzy, jay luis and 2 others repped this.
  9. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Ok, so you're still no kid. All I mean is that it's time to grow up if you want to be taken seriously. I really try to avoid personal battles and surely have nothing personal against you but some of your comments are so childish and silly including your many details about background (notice most of us here don't mention Colleges attended, how much we own/make, careers, etc) . It just goes against most logic.

10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The babe Ruth comment was cringe worthy

Why the constant comparison to the old generation? Sounds like an insecure girlfriend that can't over her boyfriend's ex

jay luis, dapip and pepinointer repped this.
  11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    GOLEADORES DE COLOMBIA EN ELIMINATORIAS

James (3)
    Bacca (3)
    Cardona (3)
    Teo (1)
    Macnelly (1)
    Pérez (1)

12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not too many strikers played so we do not see too many strikers between the goal scorers. My biggest disappointment is , of course, Bacca, who should leave dust to Cavani if he would just score half of the chances he had vs. Venezuela. I really hope he'll recreate his Milan form but if not, then I expect to see Pekerman gives chances to Falcao, Duvan, or Roger in November. Bacca cannot play like he's own the spot and won't be replaced.

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #663 pepinointer, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    Duvan should win The spot....he score each month, not each match .

Bacca has 3 assistsnces ( Bolivia , Venezuela , paraguay ) as well top assistsnt with james Also 3. ( Bolivia , Venezuela , Paraguay ) . James 3 Bolivia, Ecuador and Venezuela ) cuadrado 2 ( Perú and Ecuador ) Cardona 1 ( Ecuador ) Marlos 1 ( Bolivia ) Muriel 1 ( Chile )

So contributed directly with 6 goals isnt so bad ...

kromekote repped this.
  14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think anyone is complaining about the assists or the contributions. What people are complaining about are these stretches where he disappears without scoring and missing a lot of opportunities we know he can make.
    Hopefully he buries a few against Uruguay so he can get in a good rhythm again in yellow.

pibe10 repped this.
  15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #665 pepinointer, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016

6 goals contributed directly that is something beyond Just "assists" show that he makes diference . Despite he had a bad day against Venezuela.

Falcao During whole last wcq he contributed with 9 goals and 1 asistannces . 10 in total.

Being Top scorer and top assistant. As bacca case ....think he havent been so bad as people Want to make to show

You cant ignore the fact in how dangerous and important he have been to give us points ...because you only want to focus is how he "wasted" options

kromekote repped this.
  16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He has made a difference in some situations but has also been inconsistent in other situations.
    I think his last three matches were pretty bad days in comparison to what we know he can do.

Falcao had some bad days too. They all have bad days. The thing we have to key in on is how he bounces back and so far when it comes to scoring goals he has not bounced back yet.

17. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is why Bacca is still our top striker. No ine is judging fir one or three bad games. And yes, he contributes a lot to Colombia but my point is that it's shouldn't be automatically his spot no matter what.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Azucarero repped this.
  18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In this case if he is still starter is because he have contributed to be in quialofication Zone with assists and goals ( it can be More i agree ) ....Not is because is automatic

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    goleadores era pekerman :

18 de james (Tunez, chile(2), Jordania ecuador, peru, uruguay (2), costa de marfil, grecia , bolivia japon brazil y canada, USA, Paraguay, venezuela)
    15 de falcao (mexico, uruguay, chile(3), paraguay (2) bolivia, peru , belgica, el salvador, Bahrein (2), Kuwait, costa rica)
    12 de bacca (camerun , senegal, El salvador (2), usa, Bahrein, peru, bolivia, ecuador (2) Paraguay, USA)
    10 de teo (uruguay (2), chile (2), peru , senegal , bolivia, grecia ,usa, peru)
    5 de jackson (guatemala (2) camerun, japon (2))
    5 de cuadrado (mexico, jordania, brazil , japon y haiti)
    4 de cardona (kuwait, peru ,bolivia y paraguay)
    3 de aguilar (guatemala ,kuwait y urguay)
    2 de yepes ( paraguay)
    2 de guarin (serbia y jordania)
    2 de armero (bolivia y grecia )
    2 de ramos (eslovenia, bahrein)
    2 de macnelly (bolivia y venezuela)
    1 de muriel (guatemala)
    1 de dorlan (camerun)
    1 de valdez (bolivia) rebote
    1 de zuñiga (uruguay)
    1 de ibarbo (belgica)
    1 de quintero (costa de marfil)
    1 de renteria (bahrein)
    1 de mojica (bahrein)
    1 de murillo (brasil)
    1 de sebas perez (ecuador)
    1 de roger martinez (haiti)
    1 de dayro moreno (haiti)
    1 de fabra (costa rica )
    1 de marlos moreno (costa rica )
    1 cristian zapata (usa )
    1 Mina ( uruguay)

91 goles

asistentes de pekerman
    14 de james ( (brazil , uruguay (2), paraguay , belgica, japon(2), usa ,esolvenia, peru, bolivia, ecuador, paraguay, venezuela)
    12 de cuadrado (guatemala, bolivia grecia (2), costa de marfil , uruguay, costa rica ,peru, ecuador, costa rica y uruguay)
    6 de bacca (senegal , guatemala, bahrein, bolivia, venezuela y paraguay)
    5 de armero :eek: ( mexico ,guatemala, bolivia, peru, chile)
    4 de falcao ( uruguay ,chile ,el salvador, bahrein)
    4 de cardona (usa , ecuador, usa y paraguay)
    3 de macnelly (guatemala ,paraguay y Bolivia)
    2 abel (uruguay , grecia y uruguay)
    2 de aldo (chile y bolivia)
    2 de ibarbo (senegal y jordania)
    2 de arias (el salvador y USA)
    2 de muriel (chile y uruguay)
    1 de pabon (peru)
    1 de alcatraz (camerun)
    1 de soto (paraguay)
    1 de sanchez ( camerun)
    1 de marrugo (camerun)
    1 de zuñiga o abel... ( uruguay)
    1 de perea ( belgica)
    1 de teo (costa de marfil)
    1 de ramos (japon)
    1 de Cardona (usa)
    1 de quintero (bahrein)
    1 de guarin (bahrein)
    1 de mojica (bahrein)
    1 de renteria(bahrein)
    1 de zapata (peru)
    1 de marlos moreno (bolivia)
    1 de dayro moreno (haiti)
    1 de guillermo celis (haiti)
    1 de sebastian perez (haiti)

penales producidos :

james (2 chile)
    zuñiga (1 peru)
    Cuadrado (1 jordania)
    Ibarbo (1 tunez)
    bacca (1 brazil)
    ramos (1 japon)
    Falcao (1 kuwait)
    Farid Diaz (1 Usa)

-71goles de jugada colectiva.....
    -8 goles de rebote (james ecuador, falcao mexico, yepes paraguay, valdez bolivia, bacca al salvador, aguilar a kuwait, murillo a brasil, Fabra a costa rica) .
    -1 tiro libre james (chile)
    - 10 de penal
    1 autogol

15 producidos de pelota quieta: Jakcson contra guatemala, James contra chile, valdez contra bolivia, yepes (2 contra paraguay), Teo contra senegal, ibarbo contra belgica, teo contra grecia, james contra costa de marfil, murillo contra brazil, teo contra peru, zapata contra usa, bacca contra paraguay)

8 cabezas (muriel, valdez, yepes, james, falcao, teo(2) , bacca )[/QUOTE]

20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Abel y Mina de cabeza??

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    De hombro

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am going to put a positive spin on the scoring situation and say we are now scoring goals in many and various ways compared to past cycles.

We can score with forwards, midfielders and defenders. We can score during the run of play and on set pieces.
    We can score when we have the lead and when we are losing. In defensive battles and in open styles of games.

There is diversity in our goal scoring compared to cycles past when the majority of it was toque-toque-toque our # 10 passes it to a forward who slots it home.

pepinointer repped this.
  23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am going to put a positive spin on the scoring situation and say we are now scoring goals in many and various ways compared to past cycles.

We can score with forwards, midfielders and defenders. We can score during the run of play and on set pieces.
    We can score when we have the lead and when we are losing. In defensive battles and in open styles of games.

There is diversity in our goal scoring compared to cycles past when the majority of it was toque-toque-toque our # 10 passes it to a forward who slots it home.

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--