Scholarship numbers per program?

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by Top Lad, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Top Lad

Top Lad New Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Club:
    Notts County FC
    Apologies if I failed to find a thread where this is discussed but:

Anyone know a resource for finding out how many scholarships are given out at each program. The standard starting point is 9.9 but I know multiple schools who are limited between 5-7 because their ADs don't value "non-revenue sports."

Then some schools get extra scholarships donated via trusts or deep pocket alumni.

I could be wrong but very curious. Be interesting to know for example if School X is constantly bottom half of their conference with 9.9 scholarships while School Y succeeds even though they get hampered by their ADs.

2. Top Lad

Top Lad New Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Club:
    Notts County FC
  3. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Not only is that 10 years old, but some of it was wrong even then.

4. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not going to find it. No one publishes their scholarship information like that.

5. Monroe duck

Monroe duck Member

Dec 19, 2014
    You can gather information here and there from press releases etc. I believe Pitt wasn't fully funded then when coach V went they moved to fully funded or committed to moving that way is how I took it.

In the press release from NKU on the new coach or the article he mentions that moving from buffalo to NKU it will be nice to have a fully funded program etc. So there is a chance you can figure it out by looking at the press release of specific schools but as others have stated there is no all informative database that anyone has shared.

""I'm ambitious. I see [Northern Kentucky] as a better chance to advance my career," Riddle continued. "I think I can win there, and be competitive in conference and nationally. There's great support for the program, they're fully funded in terms of scholarships and the facility, a $6.5 million soccer-specific stadium, is five miles from Cincinnati, which will have an MLS team soon."