Scheißen München vs. BVB

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope not. I have two of his kits.

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think there is an agreement here that Stöger won't be the coach for the next season but I give him credit for calling out players who do a bad job (although it would be better not starting certain players) and he doesn't hold back in his surprisingly open interviews.
    Paraphrasing:
    He called the result bitter and disappointing but also said that such a result can sometimes be better than a 1:0 loss when it leads to questioning everything instead of just accepting a narrow defeat. And the reasons for the kind of display that we saw throughout the season when we stop playing football have to be found. He also pointed out that there is something missing for a team that sees the CL qualification as the minimum and that one day might want to be more competitive against Bayern in the title race. Further, one has to come to an understanding about what kind of football one wants to play and whether one has the right players for that.

I'm far from saying we should keep him (we won't) but he is right.
    Also, Matthäus had two points I agreed with as well. Concerning changes in the summer, he mentioned that it's not only about quality but also mentality and that we don't play as a team.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  3. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So of course Ribery acts like a complete dbag once again. The man is a disgusting human being.

While on the topic of disgusting..... our performance was something to behold.

4. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe Pep.... but Carlo was at least honest. I blame Pep much less than I blame the Bayern FO. They all knew that Pep didn't really want Gotze (he was the consolation), and brought him in anyway.

It's tough to watch him and Reus now.... and just wonder what could have been. Tragic really.

dips82, bvbSlash and MatthausSammer repped this.
  5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its not like the stars have to align to get Götze back to his best. He needs to continue recovering and have a good coach. After what TT did with Miki, I'm confident that the same can be done for Götze. He's intelligent and skilled. He's in his mid 20s. There's still time to get back to his best.

6. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    so weigl came out saying that the team expected a bad result against bayern, with an attitude like that no wonder we got raped

7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To be fair. He is being practical and realistic.

8. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    we r suppose to challenge bayern, not roll over like any/all other bl teams, i mean even midtable teams show more effort against bayern. watzke did say that its ok to be 2nd best after bayern, guess those words r finally sinking into players minds

9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    At this point, I'd be glad if we were second best.
    Theoretically, we should offer more of a challenge and financially, we should have a similar advantage over the rest of the BL that Bayern has over us. But we are not on equal footing with Bayern on a regular basis and the gap isn't getting smaller.

10. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You dont have to be on an equal footing to put up a resistance, Redbull did it some weeks back

Liquid1010 repped this.
  11. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Atletico does it every season. Juventus overtook the Milan clubs after returning from Serie B. We ought to be better than both.

12. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think Juventus is a good example, they've always been on sound financial footing and were three dominant side even before their demotion

13. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I think they are. They were left behind by the Milan clubs and were finishing 6th. They had the core of amazing defence, but they made many incredible signings at virtually no cost most notably Pirlo, Tevez, Vidal and Pogba.

Traditionally they may be the biggest club in Italy, but the way they clawed back their dominance is ironically an example for clubs like Dortmund to follow.

bvbSlash repped this.
  14. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Juventus are the best example for Dortmund to follow.

The problem is that when people think of Juventus, they think of post 2012 and a league where they are the "Bayern Munich". You have to look at Juventus from 2006 onwards. They were a beaten club. Their brand took a beating while they slogged away in Serie B. They played in one of the most outdated stadiums i.e. del Alpi. Had almost no money to build a new one. Their rivals Milan had just won a CL and their archrivals Inter were willing league titles and then the treble in 2010. People had completely written them off. They expected Napoli and Roma to take their place and for the Milan clubs to be the Barca-Real of Serie A.

But Juventus is nothing if not shrewd. They put all their money into building a new stadium which they knew would give them a monetary advantage right away. Even to this day, they do not have a stadium sponsor. Goes to show well managed they are. Can you imagine Watzke plugging the Signal Iduna cashpipe and calling the stadium Westfalenstadion again?

Then they copied Milan in revitalizing stars who were getting past their prime or had behavioural issues. What is remarkable about this is that they never counted on their stars long-term. One or two seasons at most. In our case, one star leaves and we have a gigantic hole to fill. Gundogan, Lewandowski, Hummels with no relief in sight.

Their marketing tactics are also quite remarkable. I dont understand how far-eastern trips aren't communicated in a way that is gentle and pacifying to the fans by our management yet they dont have that same problem in Torino who too have worldwide following. We have done quite well in this regard but the constant back and forth with fans every summer is annoying.

The biggest reason why Juventus are successful is that they do not do stupid shit like spend money on a Gonzalo Castro let along make him face top clubs. They do not waste 30M on a Schurrle or a 12M on a Toprak. Even on a management level, they dont wait for del Neri or Ferrara or Zacherroni to "turn the corner". If they suck, they are fired. Antonio Conte bitched for 3 seasons straight but they kept him because he helped them attain domestic dominance. They put up with him unlike our management who couldn't do the same with Thomas Tuchel.

Not once have I heard Andrea Agnelli say they want to be 2nd best in Europe. They have a winning attitude, dont make excuses and are not cheap. They also dont care about their past or use that as an excuse to not spend money.

Yes, Juventus are the best example next to Atleti that BVB could learn a thing or two from.

MatthausSammer and Obsidian repped this.
  15. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Juve's stadium is called "Allianz Stadium" btw

https://www.ispo.com/en/companies/i...es-the-naming-rights-to-juventus-stadium.html

The deal is good for 3m/year

16. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think you have a point here sir. The main issue with the progress (or better regress) of Dortmund has been the extremely negative stratetic attitude that Watzke has given. The simple fact of being ok with the number 2 status in Germany has put an instant hold onto the development of this club. Watzke was and is an absolute scaredy cat in terms on making risks and bringing the club forward. You guys had the chance to cement your status as an European Top 10 side and failed miserably after BVB´s management done so much wrong and as long as Watzeke is on top, I can´t see it changing in the near future. Hiring Sammer is an first step, even if he should have been hired in an official Management spot IMO.

17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There were times in the not so distant past when our football was more attractive and more dominant than Liverpool and we did it either without Gundogan, Reus or Gotze.

Liquid1010 and MtnGardener repped this.
  18. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I’ll nEver forget that CL match against RM. Lewy scoring a handful of goals.

19. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina