Schalke transfer thread

Discussion in 'FC Schalke 04' started by P to the Wee, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Agree with the need for experience. This team misses the presence of someone like Farfan from few seasons ago when he was healthy. If Hoffenheim continue to suck and end up relegated, then Volland can become an option in the summer again. Still possible but highly unlikely. They have decent players so it's just a matter of time till they snap out of their struggles just like Augsburg.

The other factor is hopefully one of the youngsters are able to take the next step forward. Meyer and Sane have shown flashes of brilliance, but need to refine their game to be effective consistently. That Fabian Reese kid should get more chances in the Rückrunde. Looks to be a well rounded attacking talent, and maybe next to make a breakthrough. Has shown with the U19s that he can score, assist, and play multiple positions

2. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think it will take some time before Sane and Meyer are close to their peak, probably another 2-3 years at last. If they are then still playing for Schalke (and how long they keep playing) is the next question. I doubt we can keep on churning out so many talents. There is always quite an element of luck involved. It is sad seeing them go to bigger or better paying teams.

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    True that it's unrealistic to expect a wunderkind in every age group. Although the Knappenschmiede has also shown considerable growth in terms of recruitment. Schalke's youth teams have recently attracted youngsters from Sweden, Poland, Denmark, Japan, Russia, and of course other academies within Germany. This rising recognition should help keep the talent production more sustainable.

4. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Guardian reports that City is interested in Sane. They hope to get them this transfer period but summer looks more realistic. Apparently Schalke demands 40m€, though City hopes they can lower the price.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/31/manchester-city-schalke-leroy-sane

I think I would keep him at least another year. His contract runs till 2019 without a buyout clause, so we have some leverage. Of course if City ups the offer, say to 50 or 60m, Schalke will be pretty much forced to sell him.

5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #255 Epitome990, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    It'll be wise for the lad's own development too by remaining in the Bundesliga for at least another year. Here he can be a starter for majority of the games and get more freedom to hone his game. Sane definitely has the talent to be world class but he's still raw and a work in progress. Right now he wouldn't get nearly as much playing time at Man City with the amount of players they have. So he should at least wait till Pep takes over in the summer and see whether they clear room for him first. Certainly a high value transfer fee but shame how money has so much influence in the modern game. That's honestly one of the last clubs I want to Sane go to.

6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Apparently some club from China has joined in the race to sign to Renato Augusto. They're willing to offer him a salary of 9 Mio a season, while Schalke was originally only going for 4-5 Mio max. Tough to match against that so it comes down to the player's decision. Whether he wants to play meaningful and competitive football while he's still in his prime or just go for the easy money.

7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Anyways Happy New Years Schalke fans. Looking forward to that rematch on Jan 24. Going for some redemption this time.

8. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree...and this is a huge problem in the world of football. It has been bad for a while but I really feel like this new TV deal in England has made it worse.

9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Negotiations with Renato Augusto are now off the table due to his excessive salary demands. Attention now shifts to Belhanda.

10. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Reviersport reports that Schalke is now looking into Ziyech.

Nürnberg apparently refused an 5m offer for Schöpf and Inler is still on the fence if he wants to come. I can live fine without both of them.

Ayhaan on a 6 month loan to Frankfurt. They have an option to buy him if they want. I don't have any details about the option so far.

Friederich on the other hand will stay. Don't know if they couldn't come to an agreement with Hamburg or if Heldt wanted to loan only one of Friederich or Ayhaan anyway but I'm happy that one of them stays, especially if Santana will really leave.

11. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Nice! Given the choice, I'd rather go for Ziyech ahead of Belhanda. Several years younger, has a positive work ethic attitude, and IMO has a higher talent ceiling. Other reports out there say he can be available for about 10 Mio.

12. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    The move for Schöpf on the verge of completion, saw reports of Schalke increasing their offer to 6 Mio. I watch FCN often to track the progress of another youngster, Füllkrug. And Schöpf does looks like a decent player at the 2.BL level. But no way he's worth that much, he should be valued at around 2-3 Mio max. Heldt is overpaying here.

15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    According to Bild, Belhanda could be next. Talks of a loan move with a 2 Mio rental fee plus a purchase option for 9 Mio.

16. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looks like Belhanda is really coming. I don't anything about the price yet, so I'm not sure if I like it. I would have prefered a fast winger but Belhanda is still a welcome addition. Our attacking midfield was far too thin.

17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    American striker prospect Haji Wright has reached an agreement with Schalke and will complete the signing when he turns 18 in March.

18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://www.schalke04.de/en/news/160106_belhandaconfirmed/page/2026--2026-86-.html

[​IMG]

Belhanda move confirmed and has joined the team in Florida for training camp. He'll be on loan for remainder of the season, however with no immediate purchase option.

"Younes can play in central midfield, but he’s just as comfortable out wide. He’s quick, dynamic and he gets goals and assists," said the Schalke head coach. "We want to raise the competition for places even more with this addition."

19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  21. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, that is weird as shit. I hope they buy him. Don't know why they should, but I'll be glad if he leaves.

22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Maybe package them a 2 for 1 deal with Santana included. ;)

23. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey, they are looking for a central defender. Santana is fast, strong, is a good tackler and good at heading. Granted he can't pass.

24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    He probably would suit the English game and is already familiar to El Kloppo. Time to give them a call.

25. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    And off to Russia he goes. Santana moves to Kuban Krasnodar. That's one less dead weight to worry about.