#savethecrew

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by stanger, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Coupe

Coupe Member+

Mar 3, 2007
    Someone remind in the future to never anger Chelsey!

stanger repped this.
  2. SLSHOT01

SLSHOT01 Member+

Columbus
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    Edison, Ohio
    I agree with you

But

I’m not going to hold it against anyone that makes that decision. Focus on the promise of the future, not the dire circumstances that are the now.

3. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. Not me. A message from the crowned individuals on high.

4. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LIZZIE, odave, DAFCrew and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Show me someone who is saying these things. It's an outrage and I will strike down upon them with great vengeance and furious anger those who would poison and destroy my brothers.

Not to mention a shitstorm of mockery and snark. What kind of asshole would do this?

It's OK to disagree with this or that approach but accusations of dishonesty? Please go light yourself on fire.

MLSinSTL, stanger and Draghignazzo repped this.
  6. Aaron d

Aaron d Member+

May 15, 2005
    Wooster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the amount of work the STC folks are doing, I wouldn't even be mad if they had a small stipend. It's always easy for someone to complain from the couch about how someone may be getting paid to do "volunteer" work that no one else is stepping up to do.

I seriously doubt they would turn away more help for those that want to complain about how the money gets used.

Ch(Elsey), Bill Archer and stanger repped this.
  7. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of it occurs on the the big two social media platforms. You cannot control the ignorant yet opinionated masses. However, I do hope the STC folks can hear through the idiotic noise to know a whole lot of folks appreciate their efforts.

8. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    u thnk yr smrt ur nott u r dum hahalol mee n mi peepz kno wot tym itiz

9. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    You forgot #prorelwillfixeverythingautomagically

KCbus repped this.
  10. SLSHOT01

SLSHOT01 Member+

Columbus
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    Edison, Ohio
    IMG_5800.JPG

Draghignazzo repped this.
  11. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Thanks. I don't Facebook or Twitter so I am still learning.

Draghignazzo repped this.
  12. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #37 Ch(Elsey), Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    I am going to add onto BA’s post a bit, so pardon my addition. Hang, skip this post. It will probably be as bland as baby rice. Plus, it will be lengthy like a term paper. I am now realizing I have most likely posted a book since the doomsday clock moved closer to midnight last October. My apologies.

What reads below is my opinion. I am not affiliated with any group (save for being a member of Crew Union since day one). The closest and longest I have to being a part of a Crew group is this board. To paraphrase Thor in Ragnarok, the place is its people. And I sort of like you guys.

I have been taking some nostalgia trips I admit. I would wager most of us could say the same. Looking back on my record of posts, the times when I most lived and breathed Crew was when I was highly active on this board.

So the little I have read of the accusations reminded me of the age-old bickering amongst Crew fans. The expression “herding cats” may be an insult to cats in this case. The whole “prove yourself to have good intentions/how long have you been a supporter” has been systemic for as long as I have been around Crew fandom. Perhaps before Precourt kills us, we should choose to set aside differences and put on some really news-worthy stuff.

STC has put on a praiseworthy PR campaign. They kept the morale up during the ********ing death rot that was our offseason. If you have ideas, then speak them now or forever hold your peace.

When I was looking through that old clbcrew email address, I found the old correspondences about Sack Andrulis (which somehow led me to chat with @HuntKop). One advantage of the passing of 13+ years is that now I could throw some money at a good idea/plan without putting out something cheap and potentially ineffective. If you have an idea that does not fit in with the positive spin that STC has perfected, speak your mind.

Since last week we had that unfortunate recommendation, I will emphasize to keep the suggestions from being racist or talk about tapes with underage girls.

HuntKop repped this.
  13. ohiotiger

ohiotiger Member

Oct 23, 2017
    I'm putting together a #SaveTheCrew peloton for Pelotonia this year. It combines two great causes: ending cancer and saving the Crew. Anyone interested in joining please send me a private message on here. You don't have to ride to join the team, you also can be a virtual rider or an event volunteer. The ride weekend is August 3-5.

Ch(Elsey), MLSinSTL and Draghignazzo repped this.
  14. zanycrew

zanycrew Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2001
    Roxbury, NJ
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a new with tags and unworn STC community kit that I’d like to see get a good home. It’s a large and runs very small, more like a men’s medium. I reordered an XL to wear when the Crew visits NJ. If you’re interested I’d like to recoup the $75 cost and I will cover USPS shipping. The last STC order is going in and will be 4-6 weeks so I can mail pretty quickly if you’d like one sooner. Thanks.

15. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, developed by Austin Sports and Entertainment. It will truly be one of the finest residents of the stadium-renderings-graveyard.

17. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Yeah, that came up last year. I forget why but PSV already ruled out using the place even if it's built.

18. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So it's unlikely to happen? I didn't google it at all, I only read the I+D magazine writeup.

19. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lack of sparkles, IIRC.

SLSHOT01 and 110toyourleft repped this.
  20. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Possibly lack of queso as well.

21. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think anyone knows. PSV don't seem to be interested in playing there. The only pro soccer team in Austin plays near the racetrack. I'm not really sure who they want to play there. The renderings sure are pretty though.

22. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Not sure if the facility will be built or not but PSV wasn't interested. I think it was because it's not downtown. On the face of it, having someone else pick up the bill for a 40K venue should have piqued their interest.

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #48 falvo, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    As another Quakes fan who knows exactly what Crew fans are going through, I'm with you guys 100%. We even have or own Save the Crew thread which started last October.

Oct 18, 2017

When Garber and AEG allowed the Quakes move to Houston in December 2005, I thought it was a disgrace not only to local fans , players and coaches but to the leagues reputation as a rule. The Quakes had just won two MLS Cups and were the best team in the league that year alone and they did it without their star player, Landon Donovan who the league crookedly allowed to "trade" to LA. There were virtual riots when Federico Higuaín's brother Gonzalo was sold from Napoli to Juventus and fans were furious and threatening. At least Napoli ended up getting €90 million for the deal but San Jose got nothing for Landon. They then subsequently lost their team as a result of it.

That same Quakes team went on to win 2 consecutive trophies and had no business playing in Houston. We were basically robbed of our club. Looking back, it was such a crooked farce that would have had criminal repercussions anywhere else on earth except the USA where the people involved were revered not punished. In my opinion, San Jose suffered a great deal from what took place and even though the team came back, we never really got over it on or off the field.

With the announcement yesterday of Cincinnati fielding a new expansion team next year, you would think Garber, the powers that be within the league not to mention local and opposing traveling fans, they would all be relishing a Cincy-Crew / Crew-Cincy derby. They all should be behind the Save the Crew movement and must do everything in their power to prevent the Crew from moving to Austin.

I hope the league ends up forcing Precourt to sell to a local investor and he forgets about moving the club. If he wants a team in Austin, Garber should give him a free pass or at least a discounted Beckham like option to start a new club on his own. The Crew was Lamar Hunt's dream and they belong in Columbus!

Go Crew! :thumbsup:

24. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @falvo - That whole Landon Donovan to LA mess was such a shitshow.

Also, thank you for your support.

falvo repped this.
  25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #50 falvo, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Yeah and even when they somewhat admitted to it, they still tried to spin it on how honest it was. Some posters still believe it was legitimate. I don’t know how any fan of the game can not see how crooked those whole AEG moves were.

Anywhere else on earth teams will have been relegated , had points deducted, fined or even could have faced jail time. Here they were revered and justified. Give me a break.