Saved the Crew

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by hardhead, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018
    If me wanting to win more then I want to virtue signal makes me an asshole so be it. He was not even arrested much less convicted so anyone trying to take away his livleyhood is just trying to get feels points.

TyphonInc repped this.
  2. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Your not worried about spelling points either.

Sports figures who make the news for the wrong reasons generally have shortened careers. Their lack of discipline usually shows on the job as well.

3. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018
    I agree but he is pennies on the dollar. Well worth the risk.

4. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Are you insane?

I don't see how one thing has anything to do with the other. Jimmy Haslam has said Dorsey is the decision maker for the Browns. Dorsey drafted Hunt in 2017. Dorsey has nothing to do with the Crew. IMO the NFL has already punished Hunt more than he deserved. They keep trying to fit this into a domestic violence narrative or pigeonhole when he was simply expelling a trespasser from his hotel room.

Aaron d and jack sticker repped this.
  5. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Always a good choice to side with the poster who said "the bitch got what she deserved" when speaking about a "domestic violence narrative."

Tobias C, Kyle Crew and Salacious Bum repped this.
  6. BigStern

BigStern Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 2, 2018
    Columbus by way of Lima
    That's removing a lot of context from the situation. He took a punt at a women on the floor and has two other assault instances in his history (https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/1...hotel-assault-nfl-suspension-released-updates). Scrutiny is not "virtue signaling". He obliviously has some anger issues. Everything that has happened to him so far has been well deserved.

What he may not deserve is the second change that Dorsey is giving him. But none of us will know that until after the fact. At least Dorsey has a history with him and isn't just picking him up sight unseen. Kareem has also shown signs of remorse and admit his wrongdoings. It was a given due to his talent someone would pick him up, only time will tell if it was lip service or an honest second chance that change will be made for the good.

7. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018
    It was not domestic violence. It was a bitch who picked a fight and lost.

8. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Peterman is a third string QB who is happy to not have to work a Swatch Watch kiosk in a mall someplace and so will take third string money, run the scout team and, probably, wash and wax the coach's car.

9. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What mystifies me about the Hunt signing is why take a chance like this on a guy who plays a position you're exceptionally deep at.

TKyle and don gagliardi repped this.
  10. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018
    He was not charged he fought a tresspaser. It has no effect on his ability to run the ball.

11. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018
    It is low risk high reward. You are buying him from the dent and ding section.

12. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also want to say this, at the risk of sounding like Sticker:

They were both pretty drunk, and I'm growing increasingly intolerant of women who get drunk and act like assholes and then want to claim feminine privilege and boohoo poor widdle defenseless me.

Now to be clear, as I stated before, there is never an excuse for hitting someone who can't really hurt you back. It's cowardly and I hate cowards.

Neither am I suggesting that she deserved what happened, although it doesn't appear that much damage was done. No matter, wrong is wrong.

But completely ignoring her role in clearly instigating the contact cannot be completely dismissed out of hand. Hunt has to, and has and is accepting personal responsibility for this entire incident. If he's sincere and learns and does whatever therapy and it never happens again, then I don't have a problem turning the page.

And if he's not sincere, it'll happen again and we'll all know the truth.

Is this young woman accepting any responsibility? Has she apologized and admitted that she was in the wrong as well?

Just asking.

13. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018
    Women cant have it both ways either they are equal or they are not. They can not attack a man and expect him not to respond.

14. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was my reaction as well.

With all due respect to the OP, we've got a couple hundred pages here about why Jimmy Haslam cannot have anything at all to do with player personnel decisions and then someone comes around saying Jimmy Haslam is to blame for not interfering in personnel decisions.

Can't have it both ways.

15. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    These women were what, 18 or 19? The body mass of a pro athlete is clearly superior. The judgement of a pro athlete should be as well.

Tobias C, the_rickler and Kyle Crew repped this.
  16. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Obliviously?

Bill Archer, Kryptonite and BigStern repped this.
  17. Dr.Fever

Dr.Fever Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 19, 2018
    They may be 'pro' athletes, but at 20/21, they are anything but 'pro' human beings and men. These young men are still learning and many times a Brinks truck full of cash does not help in that learning/maturation process. Should a pro athlete have better judgement? Yes, but so should anyone, regardless of monetary wealth/status. By the same token, having that wealth/status, does not make you inherently a more mature or better, human. Nature/nurture aspect can also play roles in how quickly one becomes 'pro' in life.

the_rickler repped this.
  18. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Everyone in the video was drunk and bitch slapping each other. Fortunately for her, someone held Hunt back from inflicting more damage. She obviously walked away and nothing severe happened. I agree hitting women never looks good, but it’s not like she was abused. It was a few contacts and they went their separate ways.
    Now if Hunt was a swimmer from Stanford, I’d be protesting up in Cleveland right now.

Bill Archer repped this.
  19. BigStern

BigStern Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 2, 2018
    Columbus by way of Lima
    Dammit! I obliviously typed the wrong word, obviously!

Timon19 repped this.
  20. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I was in preschool when I was taught not to hit a girl. It was a bygone era, to be sure, but thanks to that early life lesson I've never kicking a woman in a hotel corridor.

21. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. tokenliberal

tokenliberal Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  23. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dont hit people. Shit aint hard to understand.

markxinger, Tobias C, hardhead and 5 others repped this.
  24. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Agree with much of this and as someone who grew up in Canton, Ohio, the coddling and protecting these athletes starts in junior high. By the time you are 23, it's what you know and you are now being paid handsomely. A 23 year old should know there is high risk and zero reward for this type of behavior.

25. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Interesting timing of the Browns' acquisition of Hunt suggested by this article. The videotaped incident apparently occurred exactly a year ago yesterday (February 10, 2018), and the Browns acquired Hunt on the one-year anniversary of the event after declining (along with every other NFL team) to pick him up last fall when he went through waivers. I'm guessing they were waiting until a limitations period elapsed on a civil suit by the woman involved.

26. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]