Saved the Crew

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by hardhead, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to make a poster of this but I'm too lazy.

Draghignazzo repped this.
  2. Big J 0526

Big J 0526 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #13102 Big J 0526, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    good shit
    awesome music being sung by beautiful women.

whats not to like?

RafaLarios repped this.
  3. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CHICAGO - In advance of the 2019 SuperDraft, league executives from Major League Soccer indicated that they were still bullish on 28 to 33 year old Journeyman soccer players who once got game time in Sweden.

One of these teams could be where your next defensive midfielder spent two seasons!

" id="yui_3_17_2_1_1548111956672_132"> [​IMG]
    One of these teams could be where your next defensive midfielder spent two seasons!

“Despite all of these players here,” stated one MLS General Manager as he waived towards the combine, “we are still very much excited about bringing in a 29 year old player who got a few good games in the Allsvenskan two years ago.”

One anonymous source in a league front office stated that he expected at least 50% of the worst performing players during the 2019 season to have some former connection to DIF, AIK, Götheborg, Malmo or Hammarby.

“It’s important for teams in this league to look for a pedigree,” stated one anonymous sources. “So they’d rather give a guy who had a good season for DIF back in 2015 a $225,000 contract than play a 21 year old player who just came out of Stanford.”

With the emphasis on the Swedish league being so prevalent in Major League Soccer, some teams have gone so far as to look at other leagues like the Danish Superliga or the Austrian Bundesliga.

“We found a fullback that had a really decent 2017 with SK Sturm Graz,” stated one anonymous GM. “With that kind of pedigree he is going to be worth that $175,000 contract. As a matter of fact, we are going to send our fullback draft pick down to our USL team to give him some more time before we trade him away next year.”

The Nutmeg News will have more on this as SuperDraft players end up in the USL and NPSL within 5 years as they struggle to get any playing time over the defensively liable 28 year old journeyman player that your team is going to bring in to play 1500 minutes this season regardless of his performance.

4. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nutmeg has had some pretty good stories since I started following them. They had some golden ones regarding PSV haha

Draghignazzo repped this.
  5. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. hungariansteven

hungariansteven Member+

May 29, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Draghignazzo and jack sticker repped this.
  7. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    Along the topic of surprising performances from artists who are just "pop" but this one comes to mind. Also Prince related...the solo is fantastic

9. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
  10. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    zoop and Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  12. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    When do we start announcing pertinent information like new kits, sponsors, stadium maintenance, player signings, coaching staff, tv schedule, food vendors etc. less than 40 days til the opener? I hope someone is ready for it.

hungariansteven and CybrSlydr repped this.
  13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All eyes are definitely on that new kit, considering that you-know-who wanted to move the team when other teams were busy getting new jerseys designed and approved and all.

Stadium maintenance will be a big one. Yes, there is stuff that must happen, but it'll be interesting to see how much, considering a new stadium is in the works. I'm not expecting a palace for two years, but it will be interesting to see.

14. Ueberjames

Ueberjames Member+

Columbus Crew
    Mar 28, 2009
    Stow, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know what "I hope someone is ready for it" even means.

Uniforms are designed 9 months in advance by Adidas and announced by the league. Columbus will get a new home kit.

Player signings have been going on. The TV schedule has already been released. Sponsors will likely be announced when they're signed but Bezbatchenko has only been on the job for 3 weeks.

I just don't see what you think ought to be happening

Draghignazzo and Minnman repped this.
  16. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So he's saying they visited both Minnesota and KC today? That would seem unlikely.

I do love seeing Dee there. She's a f*cling boss.

I guess the short guy is Bez but I don't recognize anyone else. The architects?

hungariansteven repped this.
  17. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about the other owner who I can't remember his name. Williams??

Will add that it seems like the Browns is Jimmy's team and the Crew are Dee's

18. NUFC Fan

NUFC Fan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    They're wearing hardhats. What else matters?

19. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, though I think he was referring to a local TV deal, not the national TV schedule.

To those traitors who went to Austin: Obviously, it's got to be insane and exhausting working in the Crew FO right now. But the ones who stayed are those who - rightfully - have a pretty amazing opportunity to show Bez and the new ownership what they can do. Sure, they need to follow Bez's lead, but he'll need to rely upon the experience and skills of the remaining staff. Impress the bosses during this crazy transition, and I have to think that they'll notice and reward the leaders within the staff team. Couldn't say that about the former regime.

Good luck in Austin, assholes. Hope you die of envy.

20. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Draghignazzo and Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  21. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

hungariansteven and CybrSlydr repped this.
  22. soccerncbus

soccerncbus Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 29, 2018
    Why would it be unlikely that they visited KC and Minnesota in one day? You don't think Dee has enough money to charter a jet? Flying from Columbus to Kansas City is less than a two hour flight. Flying from Kansas City to Minneapolis is less than an hour and a half. Minneapolis to Columbus is also about an hour and a half.

You could leave Columbus at 7am local time, land in KC at 8am local time, half hour drive to and from the stadium, three hours at the stadium, depart for Minneapolis by noon and land by 1:30, half hour drive to the stadium, spend three hours at the stadium, half hour drive back to the airport, depart Minneapolis by 5:30, and land in Columbus by 8pm local time.

JB-CBUS221, russ, stanger and 2 others repped this.
  23. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely. This isn't the "Lamar Hunt flying coach" era anymore.

JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  24. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I started listening to http://static.radiohio.com/971thefan/Podcasts/TheCup.xml. I did not finish it because it kept crashing every couple of minutes. Not sure what is the issue. So I do not have any sort of review yet.

The podcast started with 2004, which I found to be such a hot and cold mix of a season. If they start traversing through 05, 06, 07, I might get tearily nostalgic and barf all in the same breath.