Saudi Teams in AFC CHAMPION LEAGUE (2012)

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by allan123, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Abdulrahman Bin Musaad's statement after the shocking result:
    [​IMG]

It only adds fuel to the fire. o_O

2. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    ^^^
    Translate....

3. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The statement is directed to the fans, he apologizes for the loss, he says he gave all he can financial and managerial wise, and he reminds the readers of the successes that have been achieved while admitting that he failed to meet some of the expectations.

What I find inappropriate is the inclusion of the following lines:

" During my leadership we were most successful Saudi team in the total number of titles won, we pleased you (the fans) in times, while we also disappointed you in others"

"Regarding AFC CL, AlHilal is still the most successful club in the championship with 6 titles, the last which was won 10 years ago ( then he describes how the club qualified to the clubs world cup but then the tournament has been cancelled!) "

"AFC CL has become more and more difficult, it needs a lot of hard work and luck"

The problem isn't in what he said, but when he did say it.

4. Hilali from bangladesh

Aug 23, 2012
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    disappointed wid al hilal...expected dem to be da champions....but al zori s miss in the 15th minute proved vital.................good luck to itti nd al ahli...

5. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Actually, that is false. Al-Hilal won the ACL 2 twice and was runner up twice. (1967-2012)

6. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    How was the match yesterday...Anyone..??

7. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he meant the total continental cups the club have won ( 2 times ACL, 2 times Asian Cups Winners Cup, and 2 times Asian Super Cup).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Hilal_FC#Asian

Al-Ahli is through to the final after defeating Al-Ittihad 2-0, a well-deserved victory.
    On a side note: Ibrahim Hazzazi is, and has always been disgusting player to watch.

8. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Both him and Mansour al-Harbi share the blame for the ugly scenes at the end of the match.
    anyway, congrats to Ahli. they were the better team on the night.

9. Fabaraby

Fabaraby Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Edge of Unaykish
    Club:
    Al Ahli Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Hazzazi has 90% of the blame, judging by his behavior the entire match, let alone his past. We know him well.

10. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agree.It just irritates me when this incident is added to his fully-packed history of nonsense.
    I find it even more pathetic that that he said in post match interview "They insulted my mother, I had to respond". Someone has to wonder would he ever grow up? Would anything force him to?

11. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ahli got knocked out of QF by losing 2-1 against Seoul.

It took Saudi clubs a while to get a positive results against Iranian clubs when they are playing them at their own grounds. It looks Korea is the new Iran.

Shabab vs. Kashiwa Reysol is coming up. 1-1 away from home should make it easier for Shabab.

12. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    You Ittihad to play against this clubs...Not all can do it...

13. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Haha you better hope they qualify to play them this time then.

By the way Abdulrahman bin Musaad said a few interesting comments about the schedule of the tournament and how it favors the eastern countries of the continent more than the western ones. His words were labeled as excuses by some people but I think even if the man has his won faults he was right about this one.

14. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    We have qualified and we will show how to play against these teams.

Regarding Bin Musaad comments , not only him the Ahli coach Vitor Perriea also blasted how the competition effects other Saudi Clubs .I could not find the video of it but only in the paper i could see he blasted all the FAs for not managing the ACL and leagues well.

15. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Something seriously must be done about it.
    I don't how will they solve it (if they ever intended to).

From my understanding a lot of AFC sponsoring companies are against the modification of the CL calendar.

16. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I am more serious about bringing the old members back plus the new to this forum..

17. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I will be more than happy to see them back. If I'm not mistaken only Hejazzi posted here a while ago. I don't know about the rest of the guys.