Saudi Summer Transfer Thread 2014

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by burning_phoneix, Apr 1, 2014.

1. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    It's that time of year again! There's still the Champions Cup and clubs are still battling in the Asian Champions League but for most clubs the season is over and it's time to strengthen ahead of next season which begins August 19th,2014 (The Super Cup being August 8th).

Here we go:

*Al Nasr's double winning coach Daniel Carreno may not get a new deal due to his high wage demands (reported 3.5 million euros per season)

* The most likely candidate for Carreno's replacement is Hervé Renard, FC Sochaux's manager who previously lead Zambia's national team to the 2012 African Cup of Nations.

*Mohammed Noor is getting close to renewing his contract with Al Nasr, putting end to rumours he will return to Al Ittihad.

*Al Hilal are looking to sign Omani international Ali Al Habsi from Wigan (Wasn't there a ban on foreign GKs in the league?)

2. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I will add up more here -

-Abdul Aziz Jebrin of Raed might move to Hilal next season or probably last choice Nasser depending on where he gets paid more
    - Abdoh Autef will be back to Shabab next season.

3. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It seems this is the story of the month for everyone to discuss, how do you rate the player?

4. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Never seen him playing. But I dont want him to go either Hilal or Nassser just for a simple reason that they have abundant star players in there squad .

5. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know how good is he too but I'll never like the mentality of a player who claims to be a "professional player" then skips the team training sessions and matches when his team still has competitions to play for.
    It's OK to decide or say that "it's Nassr or Raeed, nothing else" but don't hurt your team and your own reputation as a player to achieve that.

6. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    This type of attitude comes when a big team like Nasser approaches with huge money .. The player knows he is going to end up some where with his skills and does not bother to show up.

7. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Some people might not like it Mohd Noor might return to Ittihad for the next season. I think the team needs a leader now as Osamah is most of the time injured and Fraidy might also leave this season and the team is too young to play big matches now and handle the pressure.

8. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think his return can be a good decision for Ittihad in many aspects IF he accepts a lesser role to play in the coming season or two. His leadership is not questionable but he has to understand the changes the club are going through and adapt well to situation of "not being a regular starter", which is not unlikely possibility.

9. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    He has not been a regular starter or even he started did not last for 90 minutes while playing with Nasser. He was previously part of the Bulawi regime and I dont think he will find any problem this time again.

10. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well it's all good then, him announcing his retirement at Ittihad after coming back and having a successful season(s) with them is what a player of his caliber deserves. I hope the same thing happen with Kariri.

11. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Egyptian Ahmed Faathi close to Al Ittihad Jeddah.

12. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    • Ahmed Fraidy moves to Nassser and apparently Noor can be back to ittihad
    • Raul Caneda new coach of Nasser.

13. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    • Ittihad signs Ahmed Fathy from Ahly Egypt.
    • Salman Hazazi of Qadsiya close to deal with Ittihad
    • Hilal sacks Sami Al Jaber and placed with Romanian Laurențiu Reghecampf
    • Fateh sacks Jabali and takes Spanish Maqueda as coach of thereteam

14. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Hattan Bhabri moves to Al Ain FC

15. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    • Hamad Al Hamad moves to Hilal Fc on a five year deal..Good move as he can showcase his talent and get into the eyes of NT coach
    • Bader Khamees moves back to Tawoon

16. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Why so many Jordanains in the leaague this time..Ittihad , Hajer, Tawoon Orubah etc have already signed a player each..

17. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ittihad signs Brazilian Marquinho from As Roma and loans out Hattan Bhabri to Khaleej
    Orubah Signs Sultan Al Barqan