Saudi Soccer Events @ All International Levels

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by hammad_friend, Sep 11, 2009.

1. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    After drawing the cruicial match against Bahrain in Riyadh that ultimately resulted in failing to qualify to the World Cup 2010, let's look at the recent Saudi Performance @ all international (soccer) events:

1. Saudi Didn't qualified to any Olympics after Atlanta 96
    2. Saudi didn't qualified to FIFA under 19 events thus far
    3. Saudi didn't qualified to FIFA under 16 event
    4. Saudi under 23 didn't won any major Asian & FIFA event
    5. Saudi NT didn't won any major crown after Asian Cup 1996
    6. Saudi FA doesn't have any plan to bring-up any new player from the youth level thus far and the existing players are losing their shape & form with the passage of their age

Overall, it's good that KSA didn't qualify to WC 2010 otherwise, who knows we might have witnessed another 8-0 performance at the world cup ...

Now what should be the succession plan and which major event should KSA target in the near future and what should be the strategy in the long run ???

I know one thing for sure that if Bahrain qualifies to the World Cup then KSA will be playing a lot of excellent friendly matches against the teams that might lock horn with Bahrain's Group in the World Cup.

Moreover, KSA needs to follow the same strategy that South Korea (Japan to some extent) has been following i.e., they play at least 3 friendly matches within 1.5 months to keep the national team in shape and this is what's more important than only concentrating on the local club matches.

2. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    The FA has a lot to do with the NT Lack of competitiveness. I don't even think Sultan Plans, Instead he just waits for something good to happen. IMHO, If this goes on more then i'm not sure what the future holds, I know it wont be good. The big clubs are actually the reason why we still see a number of talented Players. STUPID FA. FATTY SULTAN.

3. Boomerang

Boomerang New Member

Oct 22, 2008
    in a soccer ball
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I used to think sahbekham was the biggest fan of Saudi football. But it seems like you two rae the biggest fans now.

Where is sahbeckham anyways? His profile shows he haven't posted for a month now!

4. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Next big thing to target is obvouisly AFC Asian Cup 2011. Next summer, their should be an intensive training camp to build a new generation of the Saudi NT. Players over the age of 28 should be removed unless their is no one better in that position and players over 30 should not be selected for the national team.

5. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    by the time many players will retire.....mohd noor, hussain sulemani and malek will be substitute......

6. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Guys facts about nt in this wcq.....
    1-we were un beaten in wcq from 2006...but we got beaten up by uzebekistan ..
    2-south korea never defeated saudi since some years..we were beaten at home...
    3-same with north korea ..
    4- iran was never defeated at tehran...but proudly we did it...
    5- we never went for a play off ..this time we did it...
    6- last and shamefully we nver failed to qualify for world cup since 94 ...but this time......

7. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I saw some good telent in the KSA national team under 23 which is playing currently the Gulf CUP and I admire the player who scored the 3rd goal for Saudi Arabia against Bahrain from a set piece in the Sem-Final yesterday, really, these players can groom into a skillful & dangerous players in the future to come.

8. jeera101

jeera101 New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Trondheim, Norway
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    there is Arab Cup of Nations to be played this year probably.. any idea about it?

9. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    That could be a good tournament to give younger players a chance to shine!

10. cfc_andrew

cfc_andrew New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    London, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe these Saudi billionaires need to invest in Saudi football, not like this guy who has just taken over Portsmouth. I remember reading about how Bobby Robson and Jimmy Hill had been over in Saudi Arabia, helping to train the local youngsters, they need to set up programmes like this (bringing in top foreign coaches) and spend money on a state-of-the-art academy or something.

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Oh my god. I am so sorry Saudi Arabia for what transpired on your home soil against neighboring country Bahrain. It is truly a case of joy and pain. In no other sport can you experience this except futebol...

Hopefully you do well in your next regional tournament. Hopefully we see Saudi in World Cup 2016 in Brasil. :)

12. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    They do actually. All the major clubs have good youth academies and many of the club chairmens are local millionaires.

Of course, there's that Saudi Prince who's trying to buy Liverpool and is opening Liverpool academies in Saudi.

However, I hope it doesn't turn out like the FC Barcelona academy in Saudi Arabia...ugh what a huge ********ing ripoff that was.