Alert: Saudi Professional League - Season 2015-16

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by al ittihady, Jun 14, 2015.

1. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

2. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah Nassr have a very strong bench too. Hazzazi, Furaidi, Adrian, and Alraheb... and Shabab just lost Rafinha so I can only see Nassr winning.

3. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Shabab beats Nasser by solitary goal and thanks to Hassan Muaz for ruining my fantasy point for getting late red card...:mad::mad:

4. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Haha I wasn't expecting that. Shabab became lately a boring team which aims for a 0-0 and hope to get a win like this at times. Their non-existent fans' pressure will actually help them so I won't be surprised if they managed to frustrate Ahli, Hilal, or Itti in the same way.

Fateh vs. Ahli can turn out to be a good game. Ittihad vs. Taawon will be played on that garbage of turf which ruins any football match so I'm not having too much expectation for this one.

5. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Talking about the turf, Prince Abdullah stadium will now take 2 years to complete and it still has better turf than the multi million $ stadium..Sad we need to manage with this turf for another season or 2..:(.

Well, it will be kind enough to see how Piturca makes a come back and that to with close back team like Tawoon to increase the lead at the third position..

6. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ittihad 4-1 Tawoon..
    Tawoon fails again infront of big teams...They need to stand up and upgrade there confidence if they want to match the big 4..Good come back from Piturca...Plus the turf looked nice too..

7. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    !!!!!!
    2 Years? Are you sure? I recall Abdullah Bin Musaad in an interview saying that the turf will be improved to an extent at the end of 2015, but won't be totally fixed until next season.

Yeah I agree Taawon need to start getting the results vs. big teams, they play good football and all but if they want to improve their best rank (6th I think) then they have to get the results even if they played ugly. Are you optimistic about Itti's chances under Piturca?

Looking at how Rivas and O. Somah been doing, Hilal may learn a thing or two on how to look for a proper striker. :D

8. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    It was after that they had consulted a firm which they told it will take approx two years to complete..The King Abdullah Stadium turf seemed fine to me in match against Tawoon but I hope it stays too. Atleast we did not disappoint like the new Al Jaber Stadium in Kuwait. Even the local grounds have better turf than that stadium.

I like Rivas very much . He has skills and turns and twist the ball. Somah is dead ball goal scorer for me.

If the dressing room atmosphere is changed and remain how is it now and then I am optimistic under Piturca. If any bad apple again starts revolt for his discipline procedure, we will fall again..

9. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hilal 2-1 Nassr.

Nassr played by far a better first half than Hilal but they conceded a goal against the run of play. They pressured really high in first half and maybe that what lead them to drop a level in intensity in the 2nd one.

Anyway I think once Nassr recover the key players they will be be causing problems for Ahli and Hilal in the league, it's too late to fight for the title but they can decide where it's headed. [emoji16]

10. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Agreed, Nasser really played well. But there passing was aimlessly distributed in the final third which I think effected there game.
    Ittihad beats Wehda 2-0 to maintain follow up with Hilal and Ahli..

11. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So the first leg of matches are over now. Hilal and Ahli have all smiles with leading the table. Ittihad are preparing themselves to fight till the end.
    No new Saudi player stand out who looked exciting enough to look out for. Foreign strikers dominating the scoring board which is scary enough .
    My team for first leg
    Yasser Musaelim
    Hussain Abdul Ghani
    Osamah Hawsawi
    Yaseen Hamza
    Mohamed Burayk
    Abdul Aziz Jibreen
    Hussain Mugwahi
    Gelmin Rivas
    Omar Somah
    Tayseer Jasim
    Fahd Muwallah

Subs:
    Naif Moosa
    Muntari
    Carlos Eduardo
    Abdullah Owais
    San Martean
    Salman Moasher

12. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Overall I agree with you, but maybe for the team of this season's half I'll go with a slightly different 4-3-3:

Yasser Musaileem
    Alburaik-Osamah Hawsawi-Yassein Hamzah-Abdulshafi
    Aljibreen
    Alfaraj-Taiseer
    Eduardo
    Rivas-Somah

13. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Helios Dos Anjos appointed coach of Najran SC.

14. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Where did the guy appear from? It's nearly 8 years from 2007. :D It's a shame as I'd like to see Hasan Alyami continue instead of wasting money (which Najran knows is tough to find) on a manager who will be sacked soon. I simply think Najran will fail no matter what as they can't play on their incredibly tough stadium.

15. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    He is one of the few coaches who did not hang around in Middle East after the Asian Cup heroics. Went back to Brazil continued his stint there..

16. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Which makes it even stranger for a club to hire him to get them out of relegation zone. Najran wasn't even in top division in 2007 so I don't think he knows anything about the club. We will see if this proves to be a good decision or not.

17. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Why do some clubs here ask to move matches to other stadiums like Hilal is asking for move there semifinal match to Malaz Stadium instead of decided King Fahd Stadium?

18. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Apparently Donis didn't like King Fahad Stadium's pitch (he has a point in my opinion), and asked for the Asian CL games to be played in Malaz, so the team is trying to prepare for these games by playing the domestic games on the same turf.

There were other cases in the non-big games where some clubs think they will get a better fans attendance in these games in Malaz than King Fahad's, and sometimes this is correct too.

19. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Why did he not like the stadium pitch?? I think it most well maintained pitch in KSA ..

20. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nah, it goes in circles, and it's in a circle right now where it's really terrible. You can see how all the teams who played there recently (including the big ones) couldn't string a few passes together.

In last season I think Buraidah's stadium had the best turf suited for football, and before that Abdullah Alfaisal's stadium always looked to me as the finest one out there. I don't how it'll be after they are done renewing it though.

21. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The transfer window has opened..
    Piturca has opt for new signings . I think James Troisi might leave and also slight chances of Muntari.

Qadisiya signs former Najran superstar Jandson Dos Santos.

22. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's gonna be interesting. The clubs are clearly struggling financially, if the FA are strict in their "no registering until paying some of owed money" then we can see them going for bank loans.
    I read Abdullah Bin Musaad is going to have a press conference soon to talk about & probably regulate this matter.

23. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So Shabab coach also gets sacked. Fateh Jabali might join them

24. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Shabab signs Brazilian Fernando Farias as attacking midfielder
    Ittihad close to sign with Romanian Defender Valercia Gaman as defender. Yaseen Hamzah, Osamah , Ziad Muwallad, Ahmed Asiri, Hamad Monthesri, Basem Montasheri.. We have 7 CB now..I dont know what the hell is wrong with the club.

25. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Osamah Almowallad shouldn't be counted though, and Hamad Montasheri shouldn't be starting for Itti anymore.:D 5 CBs seems reasonable for a club playing for 4 competitions, if not then I'm sure you won't have all of them in the next summer.