Alert: Saudi Professional League - Season 2015-16

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by al ittihady, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The league starts today. Predictions?
    It's reported that Bielsa is either taking a year off, or he is heading to Mexico. Sabella declined the FA's offer. Still no idea about the next man in charge.

2. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Szukala part ways with Ittihad. San Martin seems will stay.

3. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It looks so, but Ittihad's healthcare partner announced a couple of days ago that Kevin-Prince Boateng will have a medical to sign for Ittihad (so it seems Ittihad are still stuck in 2006). :D I don't know if they will be playing together but some reports suggest that he will replace San Martin who attracted Nassr's attention after they failed to sign River Plate's Mora.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  4. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    FT- Hilal 2-0 Wehda

Lots of chances missed by Hilal, scored line should have been more.

5. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Regarding Ittihad's transfer, everything is mess now. Everyday we find a new player to connect with. I being a Itti fan dont know how many players we have and how many we have signed this window.

BTW - Finally Rashed Raheeb left to Hajer FC.

6. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Donis' team continues its impressive performances from the previous season, while argument can be made that Hilal upgraded 2 positions: AM ( Neves < Eduardo) and CF (Nassr Alshamrani < Almeida). We will see how Hilal manages fighting in both ACL & the league.

7. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ittihad starts league campaign with dull win over Najran 2-1. The refereeing needs to improve a lot. Ittihad undeservedly got the second penalty .
    Overall, I have seen a very dull start to this new season so far. Hope this not continues

8. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    San Martin goal.

9. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
  10. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    nice. will boloni win the league with Ittihad?

11. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Personally I think it's still between Hilal, Nassr, and Ahli.

Hilal is much more stable at club level than last season (new president was the vice president of a successful era, the coach was here since the 2nd half of last season and he is already familiar with the football here) and seem to improve the current squad. Nassr didn't sign new (better) foreign players, but their local ones as a squad depth are still the best in the league. Ahli have a good team but I think if they want to finish at the top (after coming very close last season) they need:
    1) Omar Alsomah to maintain his incredible form of last season.
    2) To know better than going for all the competitions (like they did before) with their squad.

Ittihad IMO is a couple of good signings (beside San Martin) and some experienced local players away from being a league winner candidate.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  12. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Do you think Hilal can win the ACL. See they brought some good foreigners...Ailton, Carlos Eduardo. The centre backs Digao and Kwak are still there. Are Al-Shamrani (he is the man with the conflict against WSW, right?), Qahtani and Shalhoub available?

13. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think it's very possible to reach the final since the Eastern & Western Asian clubs can't play each other until the final game, once you reach the final it's 50/50 chance. As for Hilal's team I think Donis current system gets the best out of so many players, and his team is more balanced defensively and have different solutions offensively.
    I think the new signings will improve their positions since Neves was very poor and Nasser Alshamrani got more troubles than goals last season

This time though in the QFs, Lekhwiya (Hilal's opponent) is a very tough team and it's considered by many the best team in the western Asian clubs, and it doesn't help that Hilal will play the home game without their fans but the good side is Lekhwiya changed their last season's manager Laudrup so this may work against them.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  14. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So the last season's leader & runner up both drew in their first game. Perfect 1st round for Hilal.

BTW, that's what I meant when I said Nassr didn't get "better" with their foreigners. Only 1 foreigner started for them (Adrian) who is the best out of the three, but besides him it's all question marks over the other two and the 4th player who is yet to be decided. They need to figure it out as the competition with Hilal is likely to be tougher this season.

15. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Nasser and Ahli both kick started there campaign with 0-0 result against Hajer and Tawoon respectively

16. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    About Boloni winning the league, I dont think it it will happen. But we can give a tough fight to the Aimar's mentioned teams and challenge for Kings Cup and CPC. Personally I dont even think Boloni will last long as he has come out to be more strict than Piturca. Ittihad have signed lot of new players which I think are following the Nassers strategy of winning the league as to have a huge depth in the squad. But as of now , it all depends on who they sign before the transfer window closes and how well the foreigners gel up with the locals. Ittihad might sign one or two new recruits this season if at all SanMartean leaves the club

17. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Nasser signs Modiba Maiga from West Ham United and Mukhtar Younes from FC Twente

18. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    All favourites recorded win in round 2 matches with Ahli posting a heavy win over Khaleej. Qadsiya made dramatic come back vs Nasser
    BTW- Where are the Autef brothers..None of them have featured in opening games for Shabab

19. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yesterday on the radio I heard UFM interviewing the "retired" Abdouh Autaif! It shocked me at first, but it looks he never recovered his form after the ACL injury, which is a shame.
    Ahmed is still recovering from his ankle/knee injury and may return after the international break.

20. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ittihad finally signs Australian James Troise ( Attacking Midfielder) which means end of San Martean journey.

21. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So its official. Midfield maestro Abdoh Autef retires.

22. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    638373259273236480 is not a valid tweet id

23. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I dont see existense of two attacking midfielders in same team..

24. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Why? I the middle east it's all about the attack. You just need to score one more goal than the opponent. Even you have a foreigner defender you will concede goals because the other defenders are not at the same level.

25. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    We have surplus players for that position. Piturca sometimes used Martean with the DM, but again we have surplus players in that position too , to play alongside Muntari.