Alert: Saudi Professional League- 2014-15

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by al ittihady, Aug 4, 2014.

?

Who will take it this time

1. Hilal

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Ittihad

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Yes, until the summer and he will be back.

2. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    And he wanted to sell him off..Surprisingly it was a attacking players in the team with only Bejandoh as only DM ..When I saw the line up I was like RIP Fateh but they made me feel opposite in the first few minutes..:p..I am losing patience with Piturca now and if we sack him I dont think anything is in store for us this season. We have easing outings now untilll we meet Nasser ..If the team looses any points against the fellow minnows it is a shame on us..We have to get the next 18 points to keep up the presssure ..

3. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I heard your new player Samaras got some issues in airport...What was that..?

4. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Abdullah Suhail moves to Ittihad which means end of road for Saeed Muwallad ..
    BTW- When is the transfer window closing

5. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    How much does the average Saudi league player make in wages?

6. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Why everyone is worried about the payments in Saudi league...?? You are not the first one to ask..

chook90 repped this.
  7. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know the details but I think he needed to activate/verify his visa (which was sent to the Saudi Embassy in Greece) before arriving to SA. That didn't happen so he went to Dubai to do it and came back to Riyadh in the same day.
    As I said, Saeed is only ruining his career. Ittihad can sign any RB and Alahli can do the same, while Saeed will be stuck between them.I wonder how he is seeing his future.

8. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Eisa Mahyani signs for Ittihad. Feels sorry for him. Lost his career when he left to Hilal and could not establish himself as regular. Hope he gets good playing time and finish his career on high..

9. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ittihad are making some interesting moves lately. As for Eisa I always thought he will fit in nicely in the 2nd-striker role, similar to Sahlawi. Maybe that's why he did't convince all the coaches after leaving Alwehda, and unfortunately I don't think he will be the 1st choice for Piturca either.

10. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Strangely , his first choice striker is now Al Ghamdi who can just fall down with strong guy passing over him.

11. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Haha, so is Mukhtar that bad now?

12. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    Because I am a fan of Al-Muntakhab Saudi. I also gained interest on Saudi league because of Lee Young-pyo. I looked couple pages back and found Aimar 21's post. Apologies sahibi.

chook90 repped this.
  13. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Why are we going the european way of hosting the cups..The Kings Cup seems to be to long format now..
    @Aimar 21 - Whats your view on this??

14. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like it to be honest. It doesn't do AJ Leage's clubs a favor in terms of the number of matches added to their heavy season, but you get a rare chance to see some of the 1st division clubs and even clubs from the 2nd & 3rd division.

I know most of us don't care about them but it means a lot for a lower-division clubs to host Ahli, Nassr, Hilal or Ittihad, you can feel the excitement in some of their cities. The cup's knock-out stages are structured as 1-game in each round up to the final, so it's possible to see some surprises too.

What I dislike about the tournament is how prestigious it's considered for some people/media/clubs, they even think it's more important than the league. The "name" and $$ rewards certainly worked. :D

15. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    @Aimar 21

I kind of agree and disagree with you. We have the CPC to fulfill this wish for smaller clubs. Talking about small clubs hosting and excitment and all, I aint see any small clubs hosting big clubs except Hilal playing Jeel in King Fahd which I dont think will benefit any, except for some Jeel players who would like for a snapshot with some Hilal players after the match. And evenif we expect some surprises , then again it will be from clubs which have already hosted big clubs like Hazm, Abha etc...
    But clubs have to play smart move now and test the bench and young players in either of the cups.

16. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You mentioned a very good point in giving the young players some playing time, they need it and the surprises could actually happen when the big teams field a majority of their B team, so in this case the tournament is a good addition to Saudi football.

The problem though is that the huge financial rewards and direct qualification for Asian CL for the winner won't motivate the teams to let the youngsters have a shot at it.

17. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #117 Aimar 21, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    By the way, about the excitement comment, I think the FA decide the stadium of each round by draw so that's all what they can do actually to help small clubs to host games or even win them vs. bigger clubs.

Don't look to Hilal, but Nassr for example will go to Mecca to play against Wehda, a historic team we seem to forget about more and more each season, even burning phoneix has been away for too long with them. [emoji16]
    Even if Nassr wins they will face either Najran, a tough team to play at their home, or Alwatani, a club in an area that rarely get the chance to see " the big 4" live in action, and we've seen how they were excited to play against them when they were promoted to the premier league. And the Cup's atmosphere is always better, especially if it's just a one-game knock out round.

18. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    So, Regheton was sacked by Hilal. Olaroiu or Renard next?

19. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's not clear right now, some news report that Hilal is waiting for Olariou as he isn't in the best situations with his club Alahli, but apparently the huge release clause is what's keeping both parties -club & Cosmin- from walking away from the contract.

20. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    This mid season I dont think they will get a new coach as long as they pay $$$$$$ to lure one like Olariu

21. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What I want to know is: if the president Abdulrahman bin Musaad announced his resignation immediately after the final, and we are yet to know who is gonna replace him, then who made the decision to sack Reghe?

22. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Many clubs sign players without having a coach so this might be another part of it..And ofcourse who else can fire other than the big boss heading the FA..:p

23. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Signing players is a different issue though as there are other parties involved in the decision making process such as sporting directors, but a huge decision like sacking/hiring a coach shouldn't be coming from a temporary president who may not last until next week.

I've read that until yesterday, A. bin Musaad is still officially the president of Hilal ( he has to send the letter of resignation to the FA who said they didn't receive it yet), so it's possible that he sacked him, but that's making the situation more and more missed up.

24. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So Hilal loses to Orubah which leaves the place to grab the third position wide open . Hilal , Shabab and Ittihad are just 1 point drift of each other in the third spot. As Ittihad have easy outings to grab as many point they can , the coach should go for it and take the only hope for next years ACL spot..

25. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hilal have never been in such a mess, at least not in the last decade or so, so I think either of Ittihad or Shabab will win the 3rd position and direct qualification for ACL. Hilal may find winning the Champions Cup more realistic target as they have some time to prepare & for the new coach to settle with his team.