Alert: Saudi Professional League- 2014-15

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by al ittihady, Aug 4, 2014.

?

Who will take it this time

1. Hilal

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Ittihad

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Abdul Raheem Jizawi moves to Ittihad..Suddenly I feel our squad is overloaded with attacking players now.

2. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Was brought from?

3. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Is Kwak Tae Hwi (centerback from Al Hilal) a decent player? How do you guys rate him?

4. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    I think he is. Otherwise he wasn't brought by Al Hilal.

5. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    From Nasser..I like him a lot..Good dribbler and finisher..Thank fully, Nasser wasted lot of his talent by placing him on bench..

Radu Razvan repped this.
  6. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Piturca has weatlh of attacking options now. Specially on the wings and AMF..He is building up good squad and should place and play the players well ..The new full back Saeed Muwallad will join soon, so we have good pair of fast full backs. I dont know who he will pair the polish defender with..We have a lots of DM duo too..Jamal Begandouh, Noor, Abu Sabaan, Saif Salman If he fails with this squad , I dont think he is fit for the coaching role.

7. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah I think among all the teams Ittihad -on paper- is the club that made the biggest improvements on its squad during this break.

They are now ranked 5th, 11 points behind the leaders Alnassr (who are having an incredible season so far), so it's unlikely to make up for that point difference when half of the season is already finished but a 2nd/3rd place and direct qualification to ACL would be a success in my opinion.

8. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Ya Konan loaned to his former club, H96

9. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Poor guy...Did not get much time to shine..We were close to signing Eto but failed..

10. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    The Romanian press said Piturda not wanted him. And I think it's the right decision. I don't think Eto'o could play at full capacity in Saudi Arabia. I think Sanmartean wants to shine even it's more older than Sami.

11. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So Mohammed Noor and Muntasheri are out of Piturca's plans this season. How do you feel about that @al ittihady ? It will be a sad ending for such an incredible player as M. Noor in my opinion.

12. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yes it is a incredible decision..How can he drop a player like Noor such young and talented from his plans. Noor can still score goals and make the mazy passes...he one of the most important asset in the squad . I was thinkingg how better it would have been had he be in the NT for Asian Cup.. Just wait for two three matches and see if Ittihad loses then there will be a whole lot of revolution that because of noors absence it is happening and thy will bring him back..

BTW- whats the final score of HilalvsFaysaly..:D

13. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The sarcasm in the 1st part of your post won't change my opinion. :D I don't think the team should be built around Noor, but he has been with the club for nearly 16 years and he was one of the decisive players in Itti's achievements.

I know there are probably disciplinary reasons behind the decision but it just doesn't feel right to be asked by the coach to "look for a new club" in the winter, especially since Noor has returned to the club and it was a good opportunity to end his career in a proper way, either by retiring there or winning a cup/reaching a club's objective before moving to Mecca or wherever he wants to continue playing.

Hilal are disappointing, again. I think the league title is nearly gone now, but if they want to make something in ACL then the coach should check his rotation policy. There are some passengers too in the squad like Abdulaziz Dawsari, when was the last time he contributed anything meaningful?

It's reported that the club is going to replace Kwak, LOL. :D Fun times ahead.

14. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I replied with Sarcasm for your sarcasm..:D

yes he has won a lot of titles and is a great player . He can still comeback and make the critics silent. but some times you should not things for granted for your greatness to the club and start acting like King. And now we have sent back or replaced the oldies..This is the new generation of players for Ittihad which can again write the history if among them a new leader is born and lead the team. Osamah Muwallad is the only player left from the previous generation and I dont think he will come back and play for the club or for that matter football too after his suspension..

As for Hilal, I think you have signed Kwaks replacement Mohammed Juhfali and will neeed striker to replce void left by Yasser as Nasser will also not feature in ACL matches and playing with Yousef Salemalone is not good for my opinion

15. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah I can't blame Piturca to be honest for wanting to keep the order, but I'm more disappointed at Noor's actions. As for Hilal yeah they need a striker but I think when they kept an impressive clean sheet until the semi-final of ACL the Kwak-Digao partnership played a big role in Hilal's run. I wouldn't miss with that. Although Neves has been under performing for a while, but maybe Pintili plays in a position easier to replace with a Saudi player. In the end it should be between Neves & Pintili, not Kwak.

16. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I just read somewere, Some greek striker is going to join Hilal next week..

17. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
  18. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #68 Aimar 21, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    Yup, and he has an Australian nationality, therefore he can fill up Kwak's place as the Asian player.

@Radu Razvan Does the Romanian media usually cover the Romanian players / managers abroad news ? I mean the ones who are in the Middle East.

19. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
  20. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  21. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    No he is greek...Just read the first lines...Dont go on to the last lines..:p

But it is weird if he can fill Asian player void if at all Kwak is going back to his home...AFC should only allow players to fill the criteria if only the player plays for Asian NT and not for someone else holding a passport of some other nationality..I think Anas Sharbini of Ittihad was also playing as Asian +1 player due to his Palestinian descent..

Radu Razvan repped this.
  22. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know, it's going to be very difficult to do that. If some player has a passport of some Asian country and therefore became officially a citizen of that country, in what authority can the AFC say: "No, you aren't Asian" and prevent clubs from registering him as an Asian player?

I think this is done even in Europe, a lot of Spanish clubs for example push for their South American players to acquire a Spanish citizenship as only 3 non-European players can be include in each team.

By the way Hilal already tried to get Digao a Palestinian citizenship, but it didn't work out.

23. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    This is actually wierd..AFC should stop this and ask clubs to sign Asian players who play for the NT he belongs too or holds passport for..

24. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Yes, because at this moment we don't have many good players in top league from Europe.

So, Samaras it's counted as a European player or Asian?

25. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But why? First of all there aren't too many players in that category to begin with. Secondly the clubs are using this rule obviously to pick better non-local players and have better squads, and that subsequently strengthens the competition level of ACL (which is still one of the main goals for AFC, right?)
    It's most likely as an Asian, but I think they are just waiting for Kwak to come back after playing the Asian Cup final in 2 days.