Saudi Daily News Thread Part II

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by burning_phoneix, Nov 5, 2011.

1. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Its sad to watch Shabab lately. They used to give tough competition to the big teams and had replaced Nasr in the big four club. They have lost there senior players and are full new players. Only Hassan Muaz is notable senior in the squad now. Ahmed Autef is injured and Waleed Abdullah is on bench. They need some good domestic player signings to keep the club a float other wise relying on the new youngsters will make them suffer for long time..

2. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I didn't expect it to be much different when this management took over the club. Khalid Albaltan's resources are what made them competitive in the past years, and when that vanishes only the smart planning will lead this team to compete with other clubs who are better backed financially-wise than Shabab, but you know they are far from smart planners when they have 4 managers in a single season.:D

3. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Final list of players in Doha for Asian Cup U-23-

قائمة الأخضر الأولمبي في "الدوحة" ..
    تضم "25" لاعباً وهم: أحمد الناظري,عبدالرحمن الغامدي, عبدالفتاح عسيري, فهد المولد, محمد قاسم (نادي الاتحاد), أحمد الرحيلي, ريان الحربي, صالح العمري, علي الزبيدي, مصطفى بصاص (نادي الأهلي), عبدالرحمن العبيد, علي هزازي, فيصل المسرحي, ماجد النجراني, ياسين برناوي (نادي القادسية), أحمد الشهري, سعيد الربيعي, محمد كنو (نادي الاتفاق), عبدالمجيد الصليهم, عبدالوهاب جعفر (نادي الشباب), طلال عبسي (نادي التعاون), عبدالله مادو (نادي النصر), أحمد شراحيلي (نادي الهلال), عبدالله العراف (نادي الوحدة), محمد الصيعري (نادي هجر).

We already lost 3-0 to Iraq and drew 0-0 South Korea in friendly. Not quite optimistic with this years chances for the team

4. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Absolute disastrous performance by the olympic team. I cant understand, if they really wanted to fail like this then why the hell they qualified to the cup. The team was absolute bullshit against Japan. You could see there disinterest after third North Korea goal, Thailand game was another pathetic.
    This is what happens when you replace the whole coaching staff with one nationality coaching without knowing who is going to suite the team best.
    Or the players underperformed so that they can go back with less fatigue and perform for there clubs?

5. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What's funny is this isn't a first-time incident, it happened with the first NT too in the Asian Cup, so the FA must not get away with it.

6. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What is wrong with Saudi football? Do you still have financial problems or lack of interest among investors for national team is holding you back?

7. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    For obvious reasons. FA not run by competitive people. The league is growing stronger and stronger and the NT is going down and down in all forms.
    Coaching issue pertains all the time. How will a team perform under a new coach when the coach who lead them to qualifications get sacked. This is what happened in U-23 qualifiers . The team which helped qualified was not taken under consideration and a new team was played in Qatar. This is actually sad. We are growing like England FA now. Stronger league and a mediocore NT. The club players are also being pressurized by the clubs to perform well for the clubs or else get benched or sold. For this reason, they tend to perform low in NT to avoid fatigue and injury and give 100% for the clubs.

8. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So Ittihad become 4th Saudi club to join the ACL. Not expecting much from Nassr, but looking at form of Hilal, Ahli and Jeddah, we can again see a Saudi team in finals.

9. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sanmartean is a terrific player. He is one worth paying for a ticket to watch him play.

Ittihad's group doesn't look very tough. I think they can manage qualifying as a 2nd team but I'm not sure they will get the "easy points" at home. Anyway Ittihad fans shouldn't have high hopes for an Asian adventure as this team isn't quite ready for it yet.

10. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    San is enjoying his last days of glory as footballer and wants to end the best.

Ittihad might give tough fight as long as east and west is separated. If they dont meet any Saudi team till semis then there can be chance for them to go all way long.

11. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, and it's not only about Guangzhou in this season , other Chinese clubs are spending heavily as well so China may keep the trophy for a few more years. :D

12. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hilal beats Ahli 2-1 to win CPC. Hilal dominated the game unexpectedly in the first half, and the result could've gone easily up by 2 or 3 goals. Nasser, Alabed were excellent, and Salman & Autaif gave a solid performance to count on them in the next big games.

The commentator said that Gross could be sacked and Nabil Maalool is a possible replacement. I'm not sure that's a wise decision as they still have a pretty good chance in winning the league, which is "or should be" their priority.

13. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So Hilal wins there favourite cup of the season. Ahli's only second loss under Gross.

I hate this when suddenly everyone is behind the coach if he looses a cup or so..It unneccasary creates pressure on the team and the clubs players for no reason..

14. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    how much does the club earns in terms of prize money after winning the cup ?
    and how much does the runner's up get ?

15. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  16. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

hmm... this is less... 2 members (Princes) from Al Hilal Honorary BoD gave away 2 million and 4 million, respectively, to Al Hilal on winning the cup... so, Al Hilal has a total of SAR 8.5 Million this month :)

17. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Disappointing result for Ittihad in ACL, conceding in the 88th minute after leading for the majority of the game. I think there was a foul for Ittihad's GK on their goal, but I'm not sure if calling off Lokomotiv's goal was the right decision either so maybe it was a fair result after all.

18. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Nasser draws Bunyodkor 3-3 in Riyadh.

19. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I would say good start to the team considering we had around 6/7 players playing for the first time at the international level.

20. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Hilal draws 2-2 Pakhtokar..

How long Hilal will rely on 30+ old strikers when they have a younger one. Also , Nassir and Yasser wont be that consistent performers for long plus, Saudi league lacking top class home grown strikers. Import will be the best option for them..

21. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The problem wasn't in the strikers though. Hilal played really terrible and even consistent guys like Eduardo and Shalhoub made more misplaced passes than I can remember. Hilal likes to have possession as it's shown in the league but today they couldn't string a couple of passes together. The fatigue might have played a part as well as the absences (2 of the starting CBs, plus the 2 best players in the final Alabed & Alshamrani, Almeida & Zori too), so 2-2 away from home considering the circumstances isn't bad result.

Regarding strikers, I agree. Mohannad Asiri is probably the most in-form striker right now, but even he couldn't get a starting role with his club. Sahlawi & Hazzazi regressed this season so I don't know if we will see a new name pops up.

22. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So Ahli finally breaks the deadlock with win-over Nasaf Qarashi 2-1.

Regarding strikers , they are good ones in the market only thing if they get good playing time they will shine. Eslam Seraj is good choice along with Moussa Shammari can be helpfull too. I would rate Mukhtar more than Mohanad with comparision to shooting and heading abilities. Mohanad have played 491 minutes so far this season and scored only 4 goals with 0 assists while Mukhtar have played 385 minutes scoring five goals with 3 assists

23. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like Mohannad's aerial ability, but maybe Mukhtar works better with other strikers like Rivas (although not by large margin), anyway it's tough to start ahead of the 2 best strikers in the league in Rivas & Assomah, Hazzazi played better with Shabab too before moving to Nassr where the competition is fierce. We will see how these strikers finish this season, the ACL just started and the King's Cup is still there so they will get their chances.

24. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Average day for Saudi clubs in ACL-
    Ittihad draws Lokomotiv 1-1 at home
    Nasser wins away Bunyodikor 1-0
    Hilal wins home Pakhtokar 4-1
    Ahli looses away to Nasaf 2-1.

Strangely Ahli, have declined badly and there is no reason to figure out why. They dont have injured players or anything. The coach also fielded a different line-up against Nasaf resting many key players.

Nasser on other hand can build up there poor league after appointing Caneda there new coach and we can see the result pays of..

25. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not sure how Ahli's defeat will affect their season, they brought Tariq Kayyal back, and he said publicly his opinions which were against Gross, so I don't know if they can work together this season which still has a lot to play for.

Nassr looked better and it seems the players who returned from injury are picking up form like Ghalib, I still think their squad is too good to be knocked out of ACL group stage and to finish the league in other position than top 3, but they probably wasted too many points so they should focus on qualifying for next round in ACL and doing their best in Kings Cup.

Hilal looked average in the 1st half, and totally different team in the 2nd one. If there was one man to thank then his name is Alshalhoub. People like Salim & Abdulaziz Aldawsary have a lot to learn from him.