Saudi Arabia x Poland [R]

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Saudi64, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    This friendly is expected to be the last of its kind, before the May Training camp in Germany, April is filled with local games, as the Golden Playoffs and the Cup's final will be played in April. Poland has brought some of their important players and some of their good league players. Overall their team is pretty good, compared to Sweden and Greece's squad. It will be played tonight, around 8:30 PM or so, at the King Fahd Stadium. Good luck to our nt.

2. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    good luck to Saudi Arabia:)

although it is only a friendly... It is very necessary to win... I think that a win now will boost the teams morale

3. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yes definately, I think the NT could use a win right now, would help them gain some confidence. Also for the coach too.

4. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Is anyone watching this game on tv or the internet?

5. bobo81

bobo81 Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Ciudad De Dios
    Goodness if KSA wins this, I think it will boost more than their morale. This is the best chance for paqueta to see what weaknesses the team posseses.

6. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    for anyone who didnt know how the stadium looks like.................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is the tickets for the game sold out?

8. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    According to this thread the polandish predicts that they will win against us for sure.............. They are playing with a B-C TEAM.................... and if they have an A team, they will beat saudiarabia by 6-0.

Nobody is taking saudiarabia seriously:(

9. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Looks like the SAFF officials are starting to show their frustration with paqueta:cool:

"
    RIYADH: Saudi Arabia, who are still looking for their first win under coach Marcos Paqueta, will clash with fellow World Cup qualifiers Poland in a friendly here today at the Prince Faisal Bin Fahd Stadium as part of their preparations for the upcoming World Cup.

This will be the last match for the Saudis at home with the rest of the warm-up matches scheduled to be played abroad.

Paqueta, who took over from sacked Gabriel Calderon last December, will be looking to finalise his starting eleven in the coming matches after coming under pressure from the Saudi Arabia Football Federation which is reportedly irked with his constant shuffling of players. "

Saudi look to impress in last home outing

10. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    1-1 now , still first half ?

Sosin 0-1 8 mins
    Fallatah 1-1 27 mins

11. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Yes,1st half,1x1.

The game isn't at King Fahd,they're playing at Prince Faisal bin Fahd Stadium.

12. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    HT 1x1

Dudek is playing for Poland...it's really their B-C squad?

13. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yes sahbekham.., I am watching the game live on the internet. Currently, I am logon to following two websites:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/sc/detail.html?id=2640181&year=2006&month=3&day=28

http://sports.naseej.com/Match.aspx?MatchID=26266

Also note that the first website updates automatically after 2 or 3 minutes. While for the second website, you need to press the refresh button on your browser after every 2 or 3 minutes for getting the updated information as it doen't update itself automatically. The first website is in English while the second website is in Arabic Language.

Enjoy the match.... so far its 1-1 after 41 minutes of first half.

14. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Poland scores,2x1.

15. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    FIFA website say 2-1 but its not correct ?

16. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    FT Saudi Arabia 1 x 2 Poland

Hm...now I would say,fire Paqueta.

Not because the result.Poland is strong team,and a loss with this result would be common.But I saw all the match and...KSA was strange,losing touches and shooting wide.I don't know,maybe he could chance and play with a 3-5-2 formation,but anyway...

17. Timbers_Roberto

Timbers_Roberto New Member

Jul 27, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Soccernet says 2-1 Saudi

Livescore says 2-1 Poland

Which is it???

18. bobo81

bobo81 Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Ciudad De Dios
    2-1 Poland.

KSA played well in the first half. This has to be a newer Poland team, some of these guys Ive never seen before! I dont know what you guys should do...its too close to get a new coach for the WC but than again Paqueta seems to be not helping.

P.s. u guys have a very big problem with the 'physical' part of football, hopefully this changes soon.

19. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Thanx for the links man.............. But sadly i didnt watch the match:( .
    And i dont feel like commenting after seeing the score........For gods sake this wasnt even Polands A team.

20. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    I'm afraid for KSA..a shame..

21. Jaga

Jaga New Member

Feb 25, 2006
    in my house
    well good game i guess im from Poland im not happy with the Result of our C-b squad

you guys arent that bad good luck

and here is som,e funny news Legia warsaw goalie migth go to Manchester United and lol One of your 2nd league players is going to Wigan too

lo

22. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Yeah, you guys shouldn't be THAT concerned about the loss. The game was pretty close, altough very ugly in the first half; the second half was better and certainly more entertaining. Your Saudi players showed some good individual technical skills and neat crosses. As far as I could tell your team's biggest problems are teamwork/team concept (seemed that for a large part of the game the SA team was pretty disorganized and did not know how to mount an effective attack) and like bobo said above, difficulty playing against a very physical, intimidating opponent. You can expect the Ukraine in your group to be just as physical if not more than Poland was. For that reason the game was worthwhile for your team, getting used to play against a tough "bully" team...and you can't hope for a Saudi ref at the World Cup either to hand out cards for borderline calls like he was dealing at a poker table ;)

23. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    We suck when it comes to crosses, and our players did NOT feel like playing. They didn't care what happened to the ball when it left their legs, and didn't feel like running a few extra meters to gain the ball. Lets watch and see whats next. :rolleyes:

24. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Well..., first of all, thanx for all of your support (Poland) and playing against Saudi Arabia. Really, this match showed that atleast Saudis have improved a bit i.e., losing by atleast 1 goal instead of 3 (Portugal). Guys, we need a little more of favour from u guys i.e., after seeing the Saudi Arabia NT performance against Poland' C or B team, we would like u to give the Saudi NT tips and suggestions on how to improve their performance etc. on the below given string of Saudi Arabia's Forum:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=330354

I believe that the suggestions from you guys would help us a lot as Poland is also one of the power house of soccer in Europe and the world.

Morever, I would also like to know the name of the Saudi 2nd Division player who is about to join Wigan. Kindly, also tell the source through which you came to know that a Saudi Player is about to join Wigan.

25. aerisgainsborough

Jun 24, 2004
    Ok, I am concerned that Paqueta will get the boot, but I want to ask Paqueta some questions.

1. Why did you resign the U-20 squad? Your replacement is acting like your present coaching, for Saudi Arabia (Rene Weber won way less than 50% of the U-20 tournanments, he participated in. I want to mention that Rene Weber should have been fired, already, but the stupid CBF didn't, and I think that's crazy.)

2. Why go to the Middle East? You should have not taken the job, because you should have demanded for the release of Joao Jose de Vasconcellos, and if that condition was met, then you will agree to coach the Saudi's.

3. For the U-20 BRASIL squad, do you think your replacement, Rene Weber is doing a good job, despite not winning the major one?

4. For the U-17 BRASIL squad, do you think the Peru Tournament was unfair, and was it very controversial, on the refereeing?

5. Would you coach the BRASIL Olympic squad? If not, why?

OFF-TOPIC: Bonizzoni, we need to talk about Paulista in the Libertadores. You have not posted one thing about them, in that topic. Yet, Paulista are the WORST BRASILEIRO team in the Libertadores (not a suprise). I think Flu would have done a better job, winning at River, than Paulista.