Saudi Arabia x Indonesia [R] AC07

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Saudi64, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    2nd game in the group stages, and the most important. A win here could pretty much let us through, but if we draw or lose things will get complicated. Expected changes are Saed AlHarthi for Yaser, Yaser is injured somewhat and Angus decided to rest him. Also Saud Kariri or Khaled Aziz will be out for Tayseer, as he's more attacking than those two. Good luck to Saudi Arabia, some pictures from yesterday's trainings.

[​IMG]
    Angus

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    This is going to be a tough game. Indonesia, cheered on by their fans will be strong opposition. They look dangerous going forward. They have some tricky players up front, and lots of pace. I think it is very necessary to have 2 DMs in this game. So I hope Tayseer doesn't come on. And besides, since when did he become this great playmaker? Bring on Abdo for Ahmad al-Moussa and send Abdulrahman wide. We can then play short to Abdo in the middle, where he can link up, or go to the wings with Abdulrahman and if he pushes up, the right back (might Hazzazi come on?).

3. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I don't think Hazazi will come in, Bahri seems to have enough trouble with defending alone, while Kamil has some problems too with attacking and defending. We must depend on the midfielders for attack through the sides, but I expect Abdulrahman AlQahtani to begin, but if he does a similar job like in SK he will probably go out with the first half finished. Abdoh would come in for him, and if Abulrahman does well Abdo will come in for Ahmed. Up ahead we have Saed, who seems to be very excited to prove himself in the game, while Malek should do his usual stuff. Tayseer will probably come on, and he will help the midfield, probably from the middle of the attacking, while the other midfielders go on the side.

4. adelo

adelo Member

May 9, 2007
    Mother of Pigeons
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Doesn't Dos Anjos look like a giant in that picture :eek: :D

5. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yeah, but the goal itself is a small kind, to train on shoot accuracy. Overall we sucked, maybe first 10 and last 20 minutes we were acceptable, but other than that we were lost. I liked how Angus was sucking the fitness out of Indonesian players, but it was dangerous, they could have easily scored a 2nd goal. Our stupid 'play it back and forward' passing could have killed us more than once, and Kamil Mousa doesn't know how to mark players, just look at the first half foul shot, he was all alone while Kamil was watching whether he would score or not. Abdulrahman AlQahtani did well today, but ahmed almousa was invisible, and Abdoh wasn't that good too. Malek same thinking, shoot the frickin ball and as usual it goes to high, twice. WHEN will we see those amazing shots that go in the corner of the goal during the league?! If we go out, I'm sure we'll here young squad blah blah, but I bet you that half of the players that played won't even be in the squad during the WCQs. But time by time we must improve, so lets hope we can improve quickly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
  7. adelo

adelo Member

May 9, 2007
    Mother of Pigeons
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    So true, how many times have we seen that?

Yasser's goal was a piece of work. And I'm happy that Saad finally scored. That should give him some confidence, he does have what it takes to become a great center forward (tall, smart, fast, etc..) Other that, we really played bad. Look at how many mispasses, and how many bad ball receivings.

Plus it was embarrassing to see our players celebrate the win as if they have won the Asian Cup. Has this become the end of our dreams???

8. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I think from 2002 to 2006 we had around 90 players who had played for the NT during that time. It always happen, probably Abdulrahman AlQahtani, Abdoh Otaif, Yaser AlMusayleem, Yaser, Saed, Malek, Saud, Khaled, Osama, and Tayseer will be part of the squad in the WCQs with other players who will appear at that time. The celebration was expected, all the players have never won an Asian Cup game, even those few who participated in 2004, I think only Yaser AlQahtani, didn't win a game. And in the last seconds of the game, it was normal under those circumstances.

9. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Did u meant to say only yaser al kahtani DID win a game in asian cup?

10. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Nope, Yaser AlQahtani never won a game with the NT in the Asian Cup. He was the only player, I think Saud Kariri too, who participated in 2004 AC. But Saudi Arabia didn't win a game in the AC2004, so for all the squad, this was their first game to win.