Saudi Arabia Vs Iran [R] [WCQ]

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Raqi, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Raqi

Raqi New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Jeddah
    Saudi Arabia Vs. IR Iran - WCQ, Final round. Match No.1
    Saturday 6 September/Ramadan. 10:15 KSA (GMT+3).
    Place: Riyadh, King Fahd International Stadium
    [​IMG]
    Cap: 70,000

Key players for Saudi Arabia:
    Abdu Autaif - Y. Al Qahtani - H. Sulaimani
    Injuries/Missing: Malik (Half ready) - Al Jassim - Al Muwalled - Al Shamrani

Key players for Iran:
    J. Nekounam - M. Shojaei - F. Zandi
    Injuries/Missing: A. Karimi - M. Kia - H. Kaebi

the Match will be broadcasted on "Arabic":

ART Sport 5
    Dubai Sport 1
    Abo Dhabi Sport
    Saudi Sport
    AlKass
    Al-Jazzira Sport 1
    Kuwait Sport

2. V.I.P.ersian

V.I.P.ersian Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I would say Gholamreza Rezaei is a more vital player than Zandi.

Is al-Qahtani expected to start the match?

Also- the match will be shown with a 45 min delay on Fox Soccer Channel at 4pm eastern time (1pm pacific time).

And yes, Raqi- Ahmad Alenemeh is Ahmed Al Ne'emah (various spellings... He is from southern Iran, I believe, and he looks Arab and speaks Arabic). He's a beast, but he's not that experienced with the national team. Why do you ask?

3. Raqi

Raqi New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Jeddah
    That guy is damn fast! if he moved you will never be able to catch him. He can pass any defence in Asia. but when it comes to Sulaimani tell him to stop :cool:. but he will find King Kong in the Center back to play with :D.
    Yes Y. Al-Qahtani will play as one of the Starter 11.

Internet links may come in handy sometimes :cool:.

4. V.I.P.ersian

V.I.P.ersian Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Haha, sorry, I just thought everyone had heard about the FSC broadcast by now...

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/fsctv/soccermatches

Click on "This week's matches."

5. Raqi

Raqi New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Jeddah
  6. Raqi

Raqi New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Jeddah
    King Kong:
    [​IMG]

One of king kong Victims

[​IMG]

7. V.I.P.ersian

V.I.P.ersian Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Like I mentioned earlier, there is a 45 min delay.

The match begins at 12:15pm Pacific time, but the broadcast on FSC begins at 1pm Pacific time.

8. Raqi

Raqi New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Jeddah
    Thank you for the Information.

9. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Expected line up:

GK: Waleed Abdullah
    DEF: A. Al Bahri - R. Tukar - O. Hawsawi - H. Sulaimani
    MID: Abdu - Ahmed - K. Aziz - M. Al Shalhoub
    FW: Y. Al Qahtani - S. Al-Harthi

Subs: F. Al Sultan - Malik - A. Al Qahtani - Shohail

10. V.I.P.ersian

V.I.P.ersian Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    In a press conference today, Daei spoke about the Saudi Arabia match. One of the things he said is that "we are not worried about 1 or 2 'stars' that they have. We have players that are 10 times better than them." :)

Gotta love Daei's confidence, haha!

11. V.I.P.ersian

V.I.P.ersian Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Who is Hussein Abdul Ghani?

In Ali Daei's press conference the coach had this to say:

"Although Yasser al-Qahtani and Hussein Abdul Ghani have the experience of playing in the World Cup, we have far better players than them. If we were to be concerned by the invitation of the Saudi stars, we'd better not go there. Presence at the World Cup is not the best criteria for judging players' current conditions. I am not aware of Abdul Ghani's latest situation, he is a left back and I don't need to make any special arrangements for this position. Majid Gholamnejad [Kaebi's replacement] is one of the best right-backs in Iran and will certainly perform well against Saudi Arabia. We have no fear of Saudi Arabia. The players will have no fear and would do their best even if faced with Brazil."

12. nimrooo

nimrooo BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 16, 2005
    this is exactly why I hate him.
    He always thinks highly of himself whether as a coach or a player. He selfishly used his power to stay in the TM and ********ed up the team in the wc. Now he's talking big before a very impt match against a tough team. This reminds me of another coach who was talking shit about daie before a match and Daie called him "bi class". He's doing the same thing himself and all he's doing is motivating the Saudi players even more.

13. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Husain Abdul Ghani = Sulaimani
    and I Think Daei is stupid to talk like this.

14. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I think he Success the player test but he will not success the coach test at least at this time.

15. V.I.P.ersian

V.I.P.ersian Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Daei is very frank when he speaks, and he doesn't take crap from anyone (for better or worse). He is extremely confident and often comes off as arrogant. He doesn't only speak this way with regard to Saudi Arabia, mind you. He has great faith in his team, and he doesn't hesitate to defend his team and his decisions against the media or anyone else.

He often comes off as rude, which is obviously bad, but there is certainly also an advantage to having a coach that is confident, positive, and strong in character, unwilling to take coaching orders from others.

From what I've read, Saudi Arabia seems to have problems with regard to the head-coach and corruption (player selection, taking orders from others, etc.). I would much rather have a coach like Daei than a coach like that...

16. V.I.P.ersian

V.I.P.ersian Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Well, there's no denying that Daei is arrogant. However, there's also no denying that Daei knows a great deal about the game of football, Iran's team, and Iran's opposition. Such a personality in a player can be quite harmful (like Daei during WC '06), but it can be quite beneficial in a coach.

As I explained in the previous post, Dae is very unlikely to take coaching orders from others, given his arrogance and strong character. He believes very strongly that he knows what's best for Team Melli, and it's quite likely that he does. He's far too arrogant to field a sub-par, losing team! Have faith in our Legend, nimrooo. The match against Saudi Arabia will be the first major test... Let's see just how far we've come with Daei...

17. nimrooo

nimrooo BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 16, 2005
    true

18. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    No that's not the best way to be confident IMO. what if he lost? He will lose his respect from the Others. and yes some Fans say that Our coach take orders from Others. But do you have a power to face the biggest son of the king and a former General in the army? and btw all the coaches after 98 WC were taking orders from the FA. that's why we hate the FA too much in Saudi Arabia.

19. V.I.P.ersian

V.I.P.ersian Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Just today I read that Malek will miss the match against Iran. Is that correct? I know I saw him in those recent training pics...

By the way- Kaebi is officially going to miss the match due to suspension.

20. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yeah that's What they say.. but still not Official.
    and about Kaebi.. yes Raqi told me about it and the Saudi media coverd that too.

Iran will Arrive today at 2 pm "KSA".

21. footballlover

footballlover Member

Jan 1, 2004
    USA
    I read Daei's interview and to me it didn't seem like he disrespected the Saudi team . What he said was that if Saudi Arabia has a couple of stars we have more stars and if we are afraid of two stars on any team we shouldn't even show up for the match and we should not be scared even against brasil. There is nothing wrong with this statement.it only gives confidence to his players.

Now, Daei is a very confident man, but he is also a very hard-working and smart man and if you look at the way his team plays you can see a reflection of his personality in the team. His players are hungary and play very hard for him and that is always a good thing.

With all that said we may still lose the game but this shouldn't take away from him because at the end we will advance to the world cup.

In my opinion this game is 50/50 (because it is in Saudi Arabia). It will be 60/40 in iran's favor for the return leg.

22. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    for me .. it's 80% for Saudi Arabia in Riyadh. trust me we will win it. so don't bother your self with this match ;).

23. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oddly enough, Iran has a better record away than at home in recent games.

24. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    good. So we can beat em home and away :D.

25. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    That is a day that no Iranian would want to see. May the best team(iran) win.:p