Saudi Arabia-Togo[R]

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by EstebanGranero23, May 14, 2006.

1. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, I need play by play, I dont have ART.

2. Tuco

Tuco Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's a shame networks like Sky will show division 1 games but rarely show international friendlies. True, international football does have its fair share of sleeper games (anyone remember N. Ireland vs Azerbaijan?), but I don't think I'm alone in saying that international football has a certain something over club football.

Anyway, livescore.com says its 0-0 at halftime, but the've been wrong before. :D

*edit*
    They've just realised the game hasn't started yet :D :D

3. Kwame_Toronto

Kwame_Toronto New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    T.O
    That's livescore for you...ha ha ha ha
    I am 'following' the game there and also searching the net for Saudi TV stations...nothing!!!

4. Tuco

Tuco Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I've never managed to get hold of a free video feed for an international friendly. The next best thing I've found was a live radio feed, but I don't speak Arabic (and it's unlikely you'll get an English-speaking sender covering the match :( )

5. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its only on ART.

6. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Its 0-0 at half time. If you can understand Arabic then follow this link for live coverage.

http://sports.naseej.com/Match.aspx?MatchID=26425

However, you will need to refresh the entire page manually or just press F5 button on your keyboard to refresh the page. The page doesn't refresh itself!

7. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Only ART-4 is broadcasting the match live! Damn my cable operator, he only shows ART-2!:mad:

8. Kwame_Toronto

Kwame_Toronto New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    T.O
    Thanks for the link hammad :)
    What does the 0-2 mean in the play-by-play?

9. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    85' Saudi scores! finally a win! (not over yet)

10. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Malik Mouaz scores....

11. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    not al hawsawi?

12. bobo81

bobo81 Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Ciudad De Dios
    KSA played horrible. Togo dominated throughout the game but they couldnt finish. They were pretty fast, and used their speed to run past all the midfield into the box. Togo was missing most of their stars like Adabayor.

On a nicer note, it was nice to see Malik get a start, and he did pretty well. If I were Paqueta I would not start Sami nor Temneyat. Omar Al Ghamdi is horrible! Wow...Anyone disagree? :D

KSA got away with a lucky one IMO.

13. Saudi Bill

Saudi Bill New Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Thats his family name.

This win will be a good boost to the media hype machine here in saudi... We gonna own the WC type of headlines are sure to come after this win.

I did not see tha match, but I'm happy for the team as always :D

14. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    It's just an update saying that Juventus won the Italian cup by beating Reginia 2-0.

15. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Well..., I haven't watch the match but come to think of the situation mentioned by Bobo81, I think Saudis must have played badly and snatched the lucky goal.

Winning against TOGO is not a big deal! Let's see if Saudi can beat the European opposition in the upcoming friendlies. I wonder, when was the last time did the Saudis beat any European opposition????

If the Saudis cannot beat any European opposition in these sorts of friendlies where the european teams are mostly understrenth then how come will the Saudis beat Ukraine and Spain at the World Cup???????????????????????........
    This question has to be answered by all the Saudi Fans and Saudi NT!

16. FlanInTheFace

FlanInTheFace New Member

Aug 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    i like you saudi fans, you guys are very realistic unlike some other fans.

i wish you the best of luck in the world cup

17. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    KSA lost to lowly greece 5-0 in a friendly before USA 1994, and we all know how they did at the actual World Cup. I believe if KSA snatches a win from Tunis, and manages to tie Ukraine, they will be in a solid position in their final game against Spain, who in all likelihood already qualified to the 2nd round by then, I can see KSA qualifying to the next round...stay positive, the ball is round and all that our team needs to do is gel together.

18. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
  19. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    nice thru pass by Sami...thats what we need

check this pic from the game:

[​IMG]

haha

20. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Do not worry, we can beat Czheck... haha! We will be playing there A team, so if we can score a goal then thats very good. :p I am so happy that Malik Mouath scored, he isn't like the other forwards, Yaser and Saed, all they do is dribble around, then they shoot the ball without concentration, Malik dribbles, fast, and boom he shoots the ball so hard. Thats what you need in the WC, someone who can score and dribble. Anyways, its a good result, lets wait and see the 23 player list, rumours are there will be a suprise?

21. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Since you live in Emirates all you should have done is go to a nearby cafe, and they should have ART and be showing the game.

22. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Nice through pass and nice finish! Good win for SA. Don't worry about not playing better against Togo. A win is a win and at this point it's better to get that momentum going before the actual tournament.

23. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, but I gotta buy it. Saudi64, and all of those who live in Saudi, how do you intend to watch the WC?

24. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Atlast saudi wins. keep up the good work guys....... after all that criticizing of the saudi team; is reaping good results........ Hopefully the saudi team will pick up their form from here............
    For now, if we look at the bright side, the saudi team is not the worst team that is going to this worldcup. we beat togo, which qualified for the wc.

The answer is simple hammad. saudi will definitely lose if they have results like that. :cool:

25. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    we have to emphasis "constructive criticism"...not "the sky is falling OH MY GOD OH MY GOD WHAT WILL WE DO?????????????????" sahbeckham ;)