Saturday Wolves host Antigua

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising FC' started by Killersheep, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

GCU would be a horrible option, but I suspect it's being given consideration. After the price structure they got at ASU, they'll probably be looking at the cheapest option available.

2. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The cheapest option is unlikely to improve the overall situation.

You could have a Phoenix Monsoon situation, where you just play at some random high school and have very low expense, but it won't help you.

We're back to where we were a year ago. Besides Muni as a one-season option (and I don't know exactly when the A's will be completely out of the facility and when ASU baseball will begin putting its mark on the place), I am at a loss to think of a really good option.

What about Phoenix College?

[​IMG]

APPEARS to be a grass field.

[​IMG]

Appears to have stands on both sides, and a few thousand of them. Nice view of downtown from the main stands. In Central Phoenix. Parking lot and parking structure right next to the field.

And Phoenix College's soccer coach, David Cameron, played for the Sandsharks and, you'd think, would be interested in helping the cause.

3. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't stand the track around the field, but I guess it is better than a baseball diamond on the field. After ASU, which has a great location(somewhat central, access to public transit, near many bars/restaurants) and is very intimate, everything else is going to be a disappointment, especially considering what they are going to charge for tickets.

4. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd hope they had learned on that one, wouldn't you?

I am not sure you can charge as much for bleacher seats at a junior college (ostensibly with no alcohol) with a track around it as you can for the seats they had in a better situation, not after they'll finish averaging <2k per game.

But in terms of surrounding area and march to the match, yeah, that's probably not happening there.